CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The funny thing about Halo is that it is so connected yet so divided at the same time, you got your competitive, casual, lore masters, forgers, machinima guys, speed runners etc. there is so much to the Halo community, and that's why halo 3 was so popular , because it was the easiest to get into and had great replayability and community, we made Halo 3 what it was, not just the sum of its parts.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This lack of depth probably has something to do with people saying "h3 was the first halo game where I could understand it on a competitive level."

I dont think thats the case. As someone whos made a post in a similar vein about H3 today theres a difference between understanding and executing. Most people never had the chance to play H2 at that level, H3 was just the height of H3s popularity casually and competitively. Its not a lot of it doesnt transfer from game to game, a lot of the stuff that goes into competitive H3 existed in H2.

The main difference to me is that you cant challenge like crazy in 3 like you did 2. You got punished for it way more in 2.

Cant say much about the strats not changing because they havent. But why would they? No ones playing it to seriously make money anymore. Theres no need to think of new strats at all.

Hey guys,

instead of talking about how great shadowrun is/was and how deep it is.. how about someone actually hops on once and a while? The only person on this board I've seen has been Aphex. 

@@Lucky-- I know you don't have a 360 so you get a pass, but you also get points deducted for saying private matches still happen to this day. Unless I missed out sometime recently actual 4v4 privates have died out a couple months ago. You can still search just about any day, any time and find 1-3 matches, even wednesdays at 5:00am. Also that video is hilarious to watch it's so out-dated. There's some pretty high level gameplay from 2010ish with commentary and although the game is very similar today, you can still notice some differences.

@@Batchford @@Aphex Twin @@Economi @@Mckeever @@Ethereal Nights

• Upvote (+1) 3

My hope for Halo 3 kids is that they can see past the amazing art style H3 has to offer and realize H2 is the superior game. I think if any H3 kid plays Team Hardcore for a month, they'll have no trouble realizing how much better H2 is than H3. This is coming from someone who has logged more hours into 3 than 2 also.

But, it's also the Master Chief Collection. To each their own!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys,

instead of talking about how great shadowrun is/was and how deep it is.. how about someone actually hops on once and a while? The only person on this board I've seen has been Aphex. 

@@Lucky-- I know you don't have a 360 so you get a pass, but you also get points deducted for saying private matches still happen to this day. Unless I missed out sometime recently actual 4v4 privates have died out a couple months ago. You can still search just about any day, any time and find 1-3 matches, even wednesdays at 5:00am. Also that video is hilarious to watch it's so out-dated. There's some pretty high level gameplay from 2010ish with commentary and although the game is very similar today, you can still notice some differences.

@@Batchford @@Aphex Twin @@Economi @@Mckeever @@Ethereal Nights

I sold my 360 to get an Xbox One :(

I dont think thats the case. As someone whos made a post in a similar vein about H3 today theres a difference between understanding and executing. Most people never had the chance to play H2 at that level, H3 was just the height of H3s popularity casually and competitively. Its not a lot of it doesnt transfer from game to game, a lot of the stuff that goes into competitive H3 existed in H2.

The main difference to me is that you cant challenge like crazy in 3 like you did 2. You got punished for it way more in 2.

Cant say much about the strats not changing because they havent. But why would they? No ones playing it to seriously make money anymore. Theres no need to think of new strats at all.

I can't really comment too much anymore since you edited your post but thank god you edited your post. That was so confusing to decipher and I disagreed completely with the original post while still being confused by it. Now it makes sense, especially since you highlighted the sentence you were replying to.

As far as strats go, say money was on the line? All the top teams were playing it again etc.. I'm sure I'm with Aphex here when I say that the game has extremely little room to evolve in any new or different direction even if was being pushed.

I sold my 360 to get an Xbox One  :(

Not a bad decision really. I have mine still because of shadowrun. I still play some other games here and there but its kept my competitive appetite down for years now. It's nice to know I have something to play all the way up to MCC.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa... The IGN stream is going through YouTube????!!!!!???? Thats so damn clutch yo, that means I get to watch it.

I can't really comment too much anymore since you edited your post but thank god you edited your post. That was so confusing to decipher and I disagreed completely with the original post while still being confused by it. Now it makes sense, especially since you highlighted the sentence you were replying to.

As far as strats go, say money was on the line? All the top teams were playing it again etc.. I'm sure I'm with Aphex here when I say that the game has extremely little room to evolve in any new or different direction even if was being pushed.

Yeah not a lot of it made sense. A mish mash of thoughts really. 

I cant say a lot of them would change, some of them were so dominate that you may not see a reason to deviate from them, but if H3 was still being played at a top tier level there would definitely be new gametypes in rotation and some of the current ones gone. Maybe it does lack depth compared to H2 and other shooters but people are talking as if H3 was some god awful abomination when it really wasnt. Was it ideal to most? Probably not, but it wasnt a 2/10 quality game like people in here are saying

My hope for Halo 3 kids is that they can see past the amazing art style H3 has to offer and realize H2 is the superior game. I think if any H3 kid plays Team Hardcore for a month, they'll have no trouble realizing how much better H2 is than H3. This is coming from someone who has logged more hours into 3 than 2 also.

But, it's also the Master Chief Collection. To each their own

I will spend equal time on H3,H2A,and H2C with a little bit of time in Halo CE, I think the games shouldnt divide us, i mean were a Halo community not a Halo 2 or Halo 3 Community, and besides CE Extremists and People playing everything except halo 4 can Agree that Halo 4 Sucks

• Upvote (+1) 3

Whoa... The IGN stream is going through YouTube????!!!!!???? Thats so damn clutch yo, that means I get to watch it.

Yeah not a lot of it made sense. A mish mash of thoughts really. 

I cant say a lot of them would change, some of them were so dominate that you may not see a reason to deviate from them, but if H3 was still being played at a top tier level there would definitely be new gametypes in rotation and some of the current ones gone. Maybe it does lack depth compared to H2 and other shooters but people are talking as if H3 was some god awful abomination when it really wasnt. Was it ideal to most? Probably not, but it wasnt a 2/10 quality game like people in here are saying

The problem with Halo games in general up until now is that they are built to be casual games but gain a competitive audience, instead of the other way around. With competitive playlists in MCC and 343 generally interested in eSports (I hate that word but whatever), that might possibly be changing thanks to developer support.

I will spend equal time on H3,H2A,and H2C with a little bit of time in Halo CE, I think the games shouldnt divide us, i mean were a Halo community not a Halo 2 or Halo 3 Community, and besides CE Extremists and People playing everything except halo 4 can Agree that Halo 4 Sucks

I can definitely agree with that. A Halo community devided is the last thing we all need.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We need to take notes from the Smash community. Its been said a ton of times but we can all learn from their example and even if H5 isnt what we want keep the series alive with MCC like they do Melee

The problem with Halo games in general up until now is that they are built to be casual games but gain a competitive audience, instead of the other way around. With competitive playlists in MCC and 343 generally interested in eSports (I hate that word but whatever), that might possibly be changing thanks to developer support.

This too.

The more I watch this the more I wish they have someone good on the sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not a bad decision really. I have mine still because of shadowrun. I still play some other games here and there but its kept my competitive appetite down for years now. It's nice to know I have something to play all the way up to MCC.

I have a lot to work on when MCC comes out, never played CE or 2 online never mind at a high level

Don't forget, 2 hour livestream tomorrow with IGN for the MCC!

0d8701aecf28d6af4604111f2548367e.png

We will have a live article up with all the new information that (hopefully) comes out of it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder if it is possible to download the digital and then copy it to a USB drive and then take the drive to a friend's xb1 for very fast install no download required? Also if you have to reinstall on your own xb1 for any reason for a faster reinstall.

Wonder if you can do that with the title update from someone who bought the digital download so you don't have to try to download it that night

In this stream tomorrow I hope they show off how customisation and ranks work, and I also would not mind to see some Halo 4 gameplay and if it is pre TU or post TU

In this stream tomorrow I hope they show off how customisation and ranks work, and I also would not mind to see some Halo 4 gameplay and if it is pre TU or post TU

It'll be post TU. All the games are being ported as they were at the end of their life cycles

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'll be post TU. All the games are being ported as they were at the end of their life cycles

Ah okay man, thanks for answering

Why does anyone care about the piece of shit that is halo 3?

I know it's hard to grasp but people actually like other Halo titles outside of 1 and 2

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I fast forwarded to the multiplayer toward the end... but looked nothing different than me playing it on my 360 tbh.

You guys are blind. The resolution difference is pretty noticeable to me, and that's still with IGN's medium-lower level video compression. I thought the campaign looked amazing. I saw way more detail in the warthog, for example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does anyone care about the piece of shit that is halo 3?

Because some people, despite it's flaws, had fun playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1