CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I am one of the most skeptical people on here but unless quin is socially awkward, I don't see this conversation meaning anything other than #confirmed

It's definitely a stretch IMO. Many people have asked 343 if Customs will have dedis and they haven't answered. If they have already confirmed it (via Quinn like you think) then they would have no problem in confirming it again, but they haven't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am one of the most skeptical people on here but unless quin is socially awkward, I don't see this conversation meaning anything other than #confirmed

Nope, you're reaching beyond belief. He dodged the question or didn't have an answer.

Bumper Jumper devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Unpopular opinion time but I cant wait to see H3 next week. A little bit of me is still holding out hope that they went back and fixed some things. I loved H3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is that all of them?  I don't see Default Halo 1 and 2 controls...

*Edit*

I do see "Universal" though which makes me think we can still use original control schemes. 

THEATER IS BACK BBY

56b54e459437440ac3bfce7dce27c201.png

Is that all of them?  I don't see Default Halo 1 and 2 controls...

*Edit*

I do see "Universal" though which makes me think we can still use original control schemes. 

Those are the universal ones. The default layouts for each game are also available. They showed Halo 2's classic layout in the Bulletin.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's this phenomenon called "aim acceleration" where, when looking around, your sensitivity starts at 1 and accelerates up to your preferred look sensitivity rather than just constantly looking around at your preferred sensitivity. This was more noticeable in the Xbox 360 Halo games, and many believe it has to do with the console hardware differences between the original Xbox and the 360 rather than the actual game code. Will Halo CE in the Master Chief Collection feature the aim acceleration levels of the original Xbox? Is it true that this technicality is actually based on the console hardware? 

Will Halo CE in the Master Chief Collection feature weapons and items (overshield, camo) that spawn in the same locations on the maps as the original Xbox version or the PC version? Are these weapons and items on the same timers as the Xbox version or the PC version? 

I've been hearing that Halo CE in the Master Chief Collection is a "mix between the console version and the PC version." Could you elaborate on this?  Specifically, which elements from the Xbox version made it into the final product? Which elements from the PC version made it into the final product? 

Will Halo CE in the Master Chief Collection feature game timers? If so, will these be adjustable via custom game options? 

Will Halo CE in the Master Chief Collection feature an on-screen scoreboard, or will we have to hold the "back" button to view the score during the game? 

Wow thats good news, now lets just hope its not the One person in the lobby watching at a time only version. H3 theater mode had it right.

If they could have somehow made theater for every game I would have flipped out.

Not that anyone cares, but I've played my fair share of Halo PC, so I may as well give my quick review of the PC maps:

Danger Canyon: Best BTB map in the series.

Death Island: Too big for serious games. It's seriously about as big as Spire. It's okay for messing around though I guess.

Gephyrophobia: This one has a fanbase, but I think it's kind of bland and boring. I just don't like bridge maps. It is perfectly symmetrical though, so in theory it's a natural fit for CTF.

Timberland and Ice Fields: Rock-solid maps. They're not GOAT like Danger Canyon, but you can depend on them to provide a fair, enjoyable game with a little bit of everything.

Infinity: I think this one will be much more enjoyable without the Halo PC lag. Killing anyone without a power weapon was a real challenge in Halo PC considering that most of the map consists of very open areas with very long sightlines. Banshees were OP as shit in the original.

Haven't played H2V so I can't comment on those maps. District looks cool though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not that anyone cares, but I've played my fair share of Halo PC, so I may as well give my quick review of the PC maps:

Danger Canyon: Best BTB map in the series.

Death Island: Too big for serious games. It's seriously about as big as Spire. It's okay for messing around though I guess.

Gephyrophobia: This one has a fanbase, but I think it's kind of bland and boring. I just don't like bridge maps. It is perfectly symmetrical though, so in theory it's a natural fit for CTF.

Timberland and Ice Fields: Rock-solid maps. They're not GOAT like Danger Canyon, but you can depend on them to provide a fair, enjoyable game with a little bit of everything.

Infinity: I think this one will be much more enjoyable without the Halo PC lag. Killing anyone was a real challenge in Halo PC considering that most of the map consists of very open areas with very long sightlines. Banshees were OP as shit in the original.

Haven't played H2V so I can't comment on those maps. District looks cool though.

I care. It's good to have insight on maps that few have played. I'll probably hate Gephyrophobia off the strength that it lead to narrows which I also don't like.

Also I should mention, don't pre-judge Timberland based on Ridgeline in Reach. Ridgeline was dicks. They added like twice as many trees, added buildings, messed with the scale of the map, ruined the map's orientation, it sucked. Timberland is way better.

Long time lurker. Decided it was time to join up, sad thing is I'm in thailand and won't be able to play unil next October...an entire year of just reading and watching people play halo CE online. Never thought Ide see the day...

• Upvote (+1) 5