CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I would like to know if we are getting the PC version of maps, or the Xbox version of maps, as there are slight differences in some maps.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

yea...i'm not a fan of the game sounds being changed...smh

I think it's the easiest thing to get used to. I felt the same way about CEA and I got used to it after a couple levels and going back to the original sounds I prefer the new ones for the most part. Dat OG PR sound tho. :P

It's also going to look different because we are so used to seeing Halo 1 MP from splitscreen.

Some of us have played a fair amount of XBC as a single player as well though so it shouldn't be that big of a concern for us.  Nothing like playing as a single on XBC, and then heading over to a LAN where you play split screen and everything is 10x easier because you can view so much more of the map at once and see the opponent much better.   Oh the days of teaming up with old school greats like Pacmayne and BrisBac on XBC and beating 2 boxes.  4 players on single screen with no host adv should be interesting.

Considering I never got a shot to play the PC maps, I'm looking forward to long-distance rocket-on-warthog action online for the first time :)

One thing I am curious about is whether we will get the option to play Halo 1 with the original weapon sounds. Nothing against the new versions, I'd probably use them for a couple of campaign playthroughs, but in terms of multiplayer I'd much rather the original pistol, sniper, frag grenade sounds etc.

I have the PC maps loaded onto my original Xbox. Problem is, who the hell is going to play 8v8 when there is 2v2 to be played on the 5 main OG maps.  Then again, that's not really a problem.  Game was meant to be played 2v2 on the maps that matter.

Will switching to off medals also enable the old hud and reticles?

*Edit

I will be working all day all week long next week, Will someone post a summary of the questions answered and or record for youtube please.

I would like to know if we are getting the PC version of maps, or the Xbox version of maps, as there are slight differences in some maps.  

i believe they already confirmed that they're using the pc version of the maps purely for the resolution

I think it's the easiest thing to get used to. I felt the same way about CEA and I got used to it after a couple levels and going back to the original sounds I prefer the new ones for the most part. Dat OG PR sound tho. :P

didn't play CEA....is everything "beefy" like they did with halo 4? all that unnecessary bass to everything is just ridiculous...fuckin sniper sounded like u were shooting mini nukes...

judging by the vid shot 2 days ago of hh i think its 100 percent pc version.

I would check out today footage, looks like a later version (and improved a lot)

Will switching to off medals also enable the old hud and reticles?

*Edit

I will be working all day all week long next week, Will someone post a summary of the questions answered and or record for youtube please.

What do you mean? There isn't a new HUD or Reticule.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Will there be any sort of mic support for CE - either in game or facilitated through the lobby?

Will there be any sort of mic support - either in game or facilitated through the lobby?

I assume you're talking about Game Chat in matches and lobbies... if MCC doesn't have game chat I'll eat a my socks on camera.

Which maps will be in the 4v4 matchmaking playlist? (Probably won't say, but worth a shot)

Which 4v4 playlist?

I assume you're talking about Game Chat in matches and lobbies... if MCC doesn't have game chat I'll eat a my socks on camera.

Which 4v4 playlist?

Edited, thanks

didn't play CEA....is everything "beefy" like they did with halo 4? all that unnecessary bass to everything is just ridiculous...fuckin sniper sounded like u were shooting mini nukes...

Yes it's beefy but sounds good to me. I guess sounds or music are a matter of taste though.

With that being said H4's sounds are pretty overdone IMO. They are both bassy and the high frequencies are hard on the ears (which isn't the case with CEA). Call it realistic that gun sounds aren't that pleasant lol but I don't necessarily think that's good for a game.

I have very neutral sounding headset I see how more bassy sounding headphones could make the sounds in CEA too bassy though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The spawns of os and camo on rat race. (This has the most difference. Xbox is 1:00. Pc is 1:05)

Can we get footage of a ctf pistols game on wizard. Can we get footage of b creek slayer ( we want to know what the inside of red base looks like. The windows).

Can you get a headshot on an enemy with only the outer reticle on him while the enemy is standing still. Both unscoped and scoped with the sniper.

Can you shoot the wall from across the map on hangem with a pistol firing as fast as you can but without holding the trigger. Then walk up to the wall and show us where the bullets landed.

Can we get damnation or prisoner generic gameplay

I would check out today footage, looks like a later version (and improved a lot)

Umm am I the only one who notice the pistol took way to long to kill the guy who was shooting him with the AR and then died???

What do you mean? There isn't a new HUD or Reticule.

Accidental neg rep.

But the HUD being used is the new HUD from CEA, including the extra large sniper reticule.

Umm am I the only one who notice the pistol took way to long to kill the guy who was shooting him with the AR and then died???

Yes, that's what happens when you miss in Halo 1 <3

• Upvote (+1) 5

What does 2 player split screen look like, will there be proximity voice?  I NEED proximity voice guys, you don't understand how fun it would be for me.

• Upvote (+1) 7

An OS spawns in the creek right behind that hill so i dont think its a stretch to say he just picked it up.