CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know that we'll probably want to know things like the status of the 180 glitch and how shot lead works on and off-host, but those things may be a bit complicated for them.

At the very least, ask them to play some 2v2 team slayer with no radar and generic starting weapons, since I have a feeling they won't be doing so otherwise.

Something like "see how close to someone's head you can snipe without killing them" would be simple and revealing (for bullet magnetism and hitboxes, at least).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure you can play split, I don't how it will work though.. probably just sign in as a guest? not sure how the profile system works on Xbone.

I mean will the FOV remain the same as we are accustomed to

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm honestly not touching the thread that much. I prefer some people making the real-hard-important questions rather than me asking dumb questions.

It'll be a good read tho  :) and cool that Ryan has interest in sharing the questions!

Has 343 stated whether or not the medals for Halo 1 and 2 are placeholders? They seem to be buggy, but I am interested to know if they are the final design.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hmm I don't know if they'll be doing this on LAN or Xbox Live... but I'll ask anyway:

• I'd like to know if we can use classic sounds in Halo 1 Multiplayer.
  • I'd like to know if getting hit by a grenade while you're jumping still makes your gun shoot sideways (180 glitch).
  • I'd like to know if needing to lead shots in front of your target works like original Halo 1 split screen and LAN (not a lot, but you still need to lead shots).

Repeating some good questions I saw:

• I'd like to see 2-player split-screen footage of Halo 1 as well, what's the FOV?
  • I'd like to hear how Xbox Live netcode works with the Pistol and Sniper.
  • I'd like to know if we can play custom games on dedicated servers.
  • Is 343 aware that the competitive community wants 2v2 out of Halo 1 on Xbox Live?

Thanks Cyren and thanks Ryan =)  May edit this with more later.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I mean will the FOV remain the same as we are accustomed to

I really don't know.  Hopefully they keep it similar... going from a 4:3 split to a 16:9 would make the fov like 120ish which would be weird. maybe they'll use black bars to make a 4:3 picture then cut it in half? 

Do weapons and powerups use the PC or Xbox spawn times?

Will we see PC weapons in matchmaking? Or will they be in custom games only?

What was the reason behind making the sniper reticle larger?

Some map geometry was slightly changed on the PC, will we be seeing Xbox or PC versions of the original maps?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone ask them it they can turn off medals!!!!!!! The important questions need to be asked!

This was a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now remember, we are a pretty hardcore community so some terms and slang might not transfer over. Try and present your questions as clear as possible and I'll round them up before the stream and put them in this post for him to easily read.

In your nerd voice:

"Will the Arbiter be added into Halo 1 as a playable character?"

props to Ryan for accepting questions...

how are the physics of the game when compared to the xbox version of the game?

how is the difficulty of the shooting mechanics when compared to the xbox version (shot lead, auto aim, magnetism and hit boxes) and is it more similar to the pc version or the xbox, or is it a mixture of both?

on hang em high, how much do you have to lead shots at longer ranges (blue base to red base)? is it similar to the xbox or the pc version of the game?

the spawn system worked great on the xbox version for 2v2s, were there any changes to the spawn system and how players can affect where their teammates spawn and where they won't?

how much of the xbox and pc versions did they use when creating the game?

are there any changes to the game that may not be noticeable at first or weren't announced to us , anything different "under the hood"?

are we still able to play split-screen and if so will it be supported online?

is there a reason why the game sounds were changed from the original xbox to halo 1 anniversary? or is this just a placeholder? the game doesn't sound like I remember it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stress that we would like to see TWO PLAYER split screen. I have no doubts that 4 split is just going to be the standard down the middles lines, 4 smaller 16:9 screens.

2 player is where there's a chance things go horribly wrong Ala H1:A

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do weapons and powerups use the PC or Xbox spawn times?

Will we see PC weapons in matchmaking? Or will they be in custom games only?

What was the reason behind making the sniper reticle larger?

Some map geometry was slightly changed on the PC, will we be seeing Xbox or PC versions of the original maps?

they use xbox spawn system confirmed by ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Has it been confirmed weather or not we can use classic sounds in Halo 1 multiplayer in MCC?

God I hope so

• Upvote (+1) 2

the campaign stuff you saw the other day is Halo 1 Anniversary bro....the original halo 1 campaign reticle looks the same as these multiplayer clips..

just like how halo 2 anniversary has a different br reticle than the og h2...

don't worry about it

Oh ok thanks because I thought it was weird because the Anniversary reticle looked so much like OG CE but it just occurred to me because most footage of OG CE is splitscreen and I'm used to that I guess. That and the sniper reticle is changed.

I didn't think of it as a bad thing though was just curious.