CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm a "Halo 2 kid" and I've been grinding CE: Anniversary for the past couple years.  After watching a lot of CE gameplay from Ogre 2, Patch, Rippon etc. lately, I realize now why many CE vets were disappointed and pissed off at the Anniversary multiplayer when it was released. It seems FAR less fun and competitive than OG CE.  "Noobified" to a degree.

After seeing this latest vid, I'm even more pumped to jump into matchmaking on classic and PC maps with REAL CE gameplay and settings.  I fully expect to get dominated by the GOATs at the start but I hope to at least have a few competitive games with them before the release of Halo 5 lol.

We have a fuckton of Halo to play for the next few months, especially come Dec/Jan when the H5 beta is out.

I can't wait.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Were it so easy...

Awww

Correct me if I'm wrong but Halo 1 did NOT have hit markers right?

Everything has hit markers

Shout-out to Droid for the cameo.

It's also going to look different because we are so used to seeing Halo 1 MP from splitscreen.

Yeah that's gonna be a change.

Wow yeah definitely. Although the pistol and Snipe reticle are bigger than in the campaign for some reason. Assuming they won't make the campaign one bigger or the MP one smaller.

the campaign stuff you saw the other day is Halo 1 Anniversary bro....the original halo 1 campaign reticle looks the same as these multiplayer clips..

just like how halo 2 anniversary has a different br reticle than the og h2...

don't worry about it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but Halo 1-3 did NOT have hit markers right? I can't seem to remember...

Halo PC had a hitsound, but I'm not sure if that made it back or not.

So none of the H1/H2 PC maps are viable competitive 2v2/4v4 maps? Damn.... was looking forward to maybe trying some new maps out for competitive play.

Halo PC was designed with the whole "Hey, you can play 16 players and everyone can have their own screen" thing. Since there were only 2 BTB maps in the Xbox version, Gearbox did something for the BTB players.

the campaign stuff you saw the other day is Halo 1 Anniversary bro....the original halo 1 campaign reticle looks the same as these multiplayer clips..

just like how halo 2 anniversary has a different br reticle than the og h2...

don't worry about it

The reticles in MP are the same ones from the 360 version of CEA. No idea why they didn't scale them down like they did for campaign.

The amount of domination is going to be amazing.

Remember our Team Classic playlist days? Man...

We have a fuckton of Halo to play for the next few months, especially come Dec/Jan when the H5 beta is out.

I can't wait.

No sticky detonator, you're useless, go do some Canada things or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prepare yourself.

The Sticky Det Trolltage will release some time before MCC comes out. Laughs will be had.

mixed up you and the gent named Jeff who worked on Halo 1 final

As i said before if they are using the same thing from H2A its just a bigger reticle, auto aim unaffected. I actually think its more difficult to snipe only because is obstructs the view of what your hitting. That was my experience on H2A campaign at least. 

This video also confirmed they are def using the H2A new sounds for multiplayer. 

Shout-out to Droid for the cameo.

Hey man it should be different now. Dedicated servers, better Halo games. Good stuff. I'll be streaming too, the rage will be real.

Yup! So much fun, can't wait to play some Halo again. I'm going to be so bad at first though, a controller feels like a foreign object to me now.

As has already been stated in this thread, the footage of H:CE looks soooooo much better than what was released two days ago. From watching today's footage, it's clear that the pistol is not hitscan, and the game seems to be much more fluid.

It's hard for me to explain, but this footage just felt a lot like OG H:CE. Man, why do you have to do this to use 343i????

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yup! So much fun, can't wait to play some Halo again. I'm going to be so bad at first though, a controller feels like a foreign object to me now.

Me too :(. Fucking PC's.

I have to take some time and play to get warmed up. I was playing Halo 4 a bit a couple months ago and it took me forever to get to where my shot was where it should be.

Me too :(. Fucking PC's.

I have to take some time and play to get warmed up. I was playing Halo 4 a bit a couple months ago and it took me forever to get to where my shot was where it should be.

Heh, try playing H3 for the first time in about 2 years.....dayum was that a pathetic display of my Halo ability. Going to get on that Halo grind starting next week. I realize that H3 isn't the best Halo game to come back to, but I have a lot of improving to do.

As has already been stated in this thread, the footage of H:CE looks soooooo much better than what was released two days ago. From watching today's footage, it's clear that the pistol is not hitscan, and the game seems to be much more fluid.

It's hard for me to explain, but this footage just felt a lot like OG H:CE. Man, why do you have to do this to use 343i????

Yes, why does 343i have to do this to use 343i? Shame on them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, why does 343i have to do this to use 343i? Shame on them.

What I really mean to say, is why show us the questionable footage from two days ago, then follow it up with better looking gameplay. It just doesn't make much sense.

If anyone's still saying "what's wrong with the reticle, it's the same as the Xbox," here you go:

Xbox splitscreen: http://i.imgur.com/2Yka1AT.png

Xbox fullscreen: http://i.imgur.com/CQupyTr.png

PC fullscreen: http://i.imgur.com/aqfVxMR.png

Tuesday's MCC video: http://i.imgur.com/zcAVK7q.png

Thursday's MCC video: http://i.imgur.com/L96mydN.png

Keep in mind, a bigger reticle doesn't mean it's "easier" to shoot - they can make it fill the whole screen without changing the aiming mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 5