CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The gameplay footage today looks much better. I'm still not sold on the sniper. It looks way too easy and that reticle is hideous. BUT if that's the worst thing about it we are still in decent shape. Even BTB on these new maps or whatever Im going to just love going into H1 when I please.

What did you not like about today's sniper reticule.  Not giving you a hard time or trolling just curious.  I thought it looked just like the original but I might have missed something.

Considering I never got a shot to play the PC maps, I'm looking forward to long-distance rocket-on-warthog action online for the first time :)

One thing I am curious about is whether we will get the option to play Halo 1 with the original weapon sounds. Nothing against the new versions, I'd probably use them for a couple of campaign playthroughs, but in terms of multiplayer I'd much rather the original pistol, sniper, frag grenade sounds etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if this footage is from xbone version, or respective pc versions... might account for reticle differences. This video shows that PC is nowhere close to hitscan... look at the shot leading. The guy who's sniping hits his shots if he's leading - hitboxes for body are also pretty big, so body shots aren't that hard if you lead your shot - but headshots are so much harder.

Also, to anybody who hasn't played PC, the BTB is fucking awesome. Almost wish there was a CE BTB playlist apart from standard BTB.

PS: The green guy in the warthog sucks...

The CE sniper reticule always looked a bit big to me, sorta like Reach and H4's. But it had less reticule magnetism, it was hard to use.

This one seems bigger. Idk how it affects the physics though.

Today's CE footage is actually gorgeous. Game looks less stuttery, weapons are definitely not hitscan, and they used the original 'medals' which makes the game look a lot cleaner.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ya man, this has to be a completely different build of the game.

You hear that @@CyReN?

Now why couldn't they have used this build for the original preview?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You hear that @@CyReN?

Now why couldn't they have used this build for the original preview?

Probably because the older build was more stable at the time of recording?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Probably because the older build was more stable at the time of recording?

There it is.

iDRe5rbzYpx8Y.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Today's footage is definitely better and restores my desire to buy a Xbox One. Even if it's not perfect, it'll still be some form of Halo 1 that I can play anytime I want with friends. Which is miles ahead of any other Halo.

I really want to see some pros playing 2v2 on it though! That will be the real test.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who has nearly 500 hours on Halo PC: You're not going to like Death Island if you hated the Banshee spawn traps of Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Today's footage is definitely better and restores my desire to buy a Xbox One. Even if it's not perfect, it'll still be some form of Halo 1 that I can play anytime I want with friends. Which is miles ahead of any other Halo.

I really want to see some pros playing 2v2 on it though! That will be the real test.

Step 1: Buy X1 and MCC

Step 2: Acquire friends

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope this stuff wasn't filmed on the PC versions. That would be  :beyond:  frustrating, especially if Xbone version deviates from PC.

Step 1: Buy X1 and MCC

Step 2: Acquire friends

ORD reunion. Let's make it happen.

As someone who has nearly 500 hours on Halo PC: You're not going to like Death Island if you hated the Banshee spawn traps of Reach.

Which is why most Death Island servers give you unlimited stickies.

I initially bought bought an Xbox just for Halo 2 after countless hours of Halo PC BTB.  The nostalgia from today's vid is off the charts.  I'll definitely spend the most time trying to get good at 2s, but I'm way pumped for throwback 8v8 CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H1 looks better today. Much better.

Wow yeah definitely. Although the pistol and Snipe reticle are bigger than in the campaign for some reason. Assuming they won't make the campaign one bigger or the MP one smaller.

So none of the H1/H2 PC maps are viable competitive 2v2/4v4 maps? Damn.... was looking forward to maybe trying some new maps out for competitive play.