CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

H1 & H2 PC guys- from what I've seen, the H1 PC maps are sorta well-received, but the H2 PC maps look super lame and kinda like they don't belong.

Any maps in particular that people enjoyed that I should look out for for today?

Cant wait to see what people say after they get wrecked in h2 hardcore and there's no host advantage.

Never underestimate the depth and insightful excuses of a Noob.

You got a choice of how the game was unaltered and updated in both games.

We're going to spoon feed people this fact even years after the collection had released. Common sense is like a royalty now.

I know they can be turned off, but why waste time programming the medals in h1 and h2 in the first place? sounds like valuable time wasted that could be spent ensuring that things like the sniper rifle reticle is correct. If we wanted something other than Xbox version of CE but with 1080p and 60fps, as the customer, we would have said so. Give people what they want, not what you "think" they want or suffer loss of xb1 sales. I didn't need a fucking medal to motivate me to pull off my typical 1 clip sniper killtacs in 2v2 by guessing the 2 respawns in original halo, and I sure as hell don't need medals now to perform the same skill.

I know they can be turned off, but why waste time programming the medals in h1 and h2 in the first place? sounds like valuable time wasted that could be spent ensuring that things like the sniper rifle reticle is correct. If we wanted something other than Xbox version of CE but with 1080p and 60fps, as the customer, we would have said so. Give people what they want, not what you "think" they want or suffer loss of xb1 sales.

Because while the majority spittle about excess rewards, there's a handful of us who are not bothered in the slightest. Of course who cares about the minority -- having options is a baaaaaad thing. /s

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know they can be turned off, but why waste time programming the medals in h1 and h2 in the first place? sounds like valuable time wasted that could be spent ensuring that things like the sniper rifle reticle is correct. If we wanted something other than Xbox version of CE but with 1080p and 60fps, as the customer, we would have said so. Give people what they want, not what you "think" they want or suffer loss of xb1 sales.

Casuals discovering a new game that's a decade (or in CE's case, over a decade) old don't like old graphics and want something shiny. 343 thinks, "Hmm, what can we get away with putting in the old games that the newer, more casual fans can relate to?" Medals.

Not justifying it, because I think it's silly, but hey, THEY CAN BE TURNED OFF, so to me it really doesn't matter. Let the casuals enjoy the game how they want to play it, and I'll enjoy CE and H2C like I want to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H1 & H2 PC guys- from what I've seen, the H1 PC maps are sorta well-received, but the H2 PC maps look super lame and kinda like they don't belong.

Any maps in particular that people enjoyed that I should look out for for today?

I actually started with H1PC way back in 04 and I remember enjoying playing on Timberland a lot. I think it's one of the smaller PC maps (though they are all huge as fuck, you can really only play 8v8 on them) and has a fairly simple layout. Since like 90% of PC servers are BTB, Timberland and Blood Gulch were probably my two favorite BTB maps.

The H2V maps are just kinda meh. The city one is kinda the 1st earth campaign level turned into a MP map, I never really liked it. I thought the other one was kinda ok, but they are nowhere near the Xbox maps, even if you only compare them to the other BTB maps.

Neither the H1PC nor the H2V maps are really interesting for us, since they are all BTB maps. But the H1PC maps actually make CE BTB a lot more fun since you have more  then 2 maps. Thinking about it I think Gephyrophobia was also kinda fun. It's the same concept as Narrows but it has some other areas to the side of the bridge that you can teleport to and it uses the banshee which no Xbox map does.

I honestly cannot wait to jump into Team Hardcore and constantly vote Halo 3 maps for the banter

Voting for H3 in hardcore should result in getting a 2 hour matchmaking cooldown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I'm a casual that's playing h4 for the first time, I'm going to go back and play the other halos. If I'm a casual that is familiar with halo but experiencing halo CE for the first time on MCC, should I really be buying the game?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The medium range pistol action didn't look bad. Did not look hitscan to me, looked like they were leading shots.

I dunno if I'm just wanting to hope for the best but I like this footage much better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just realized we'll finally have a plasma rifle with stun online. That makes me incredibly happy. Noobs are gonna hate it.

Also Gephyrophobia is a fantastic big map and also has the most complicated name in multiplayer history.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm curious, would all of you H1 purists continue to play matchmaking when getting destroyed by the active h1 crowd? It's finna take a LONG time to catch up to a certain crop of players

a working ranking system solves this problem.

you and I know the magic of Halo 1, I have no doubt that as people learn and play the game they will fall in love with it also

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie District looks pretty sweet. It's considerably flatter in visuals but hey it's a futuristic urban environment... Even if it's a subdivision.

bravo said classic so i'm assuming pistol/ar...unless they want ppl to really riot...lol @ spawning with pp on heh

custom start on hang em was pistols actually

Only played Halo PC a handful of times and never played H2V but the maps looks like they will all be fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1