CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

lol @ this h1 community right now. 

*Someone mentions it looks like hitscan*

*Wait a minute, I've slowed down the video to .0000001% speed, yep the bullet is no where near him! Hitscan confirmed. This is going to be nothing like OG CE*

*I heard they said its not hitscan*

*So it might not be hitscan??? Well I'm still mad about something!*

Seriously just stop trying to dissect a 60 second video and wait for more information. You're just making it worse for yourselves. 

I;d agree, but that would mean less page views an in turn it would mean I'd have to wait longer for that Gold plated Beyond snapback so...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo PC's netcode was such that leading your shots was much more difficult. It fundamentally changed the balance of the game, because rockets were much more powerful relative to your utility weapon's average kill speed. It made open spaces less of a killing field, so maps like blood gulch actually played really well compared to, for instance, Chill Out. That's why most players didn't prefer playing the usual 2v2 stuff.

Most of the "bad" stuff people have listed here is really related to high latency, low bandwidth, etc. etc. Inconsistent sniping, non-displaying explosions are not a matter of the underlying engine being fundamentally inconsistent, in the sense that you wouldn't see these issues in a LAN environment. It's not really any worse or better than a really laggy XBC game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2gre is going on Halo 1 stuff on his stream. If you wanna learn from the GOAT. www.twitch.tv/ogre2

Ya i've been watching it, as someone who even played a lot of halo 1, it's still incredible watching someone like him give instructions on all the different nades and jumps and what not. Halo 1's depth is just amazing.

Im really hoping ce vets will still play this. The way i see it is that out may not be the same but still better than the sequels. On days i can't lan og ce i will play the second best, which I this case will be xb1 ce

I sure hope if MCC uses PC version, that it is cleaned up a bit. I thought people were being petty about the PC vs CE differences until I started really paying attention. That stuff is really annoying.

Im really hoping ce vets will still play this. The way i see it is that out may not be the same but still better than the sequels. On days i can't lan og ce i will play the second best, which I this case will be xb1 ce

They will.

Can we just all agree on the fact that Halo CE is still going to be excellent?

Even most of the people criticizing the news today still agree that it's going to be fun, just not as fun as it could be.

Can we just all agree on the fact that Halo CE is still going to be excellent?

Heck CEA visuals just look gorgeous. Never had I whistled at the Mark V like I had the first time seeing it in the original release. Minblowingly sexy.

As for feedback I just hope the texture overlays don't break on Assault on the Control Room. Saw tons of blur on the walls I was inches away from, sure it is fixed but if not I can see a fix down the pipeline after launch.

I hate to break this to you, but from a technical standpoint, there is absolutely no way this can happen without tons of regional datacenters and people only able to play with people within 500 miles of one another. They're changing it. Whether the netcode is based a modified Halo PC code or is something new is yet to be seen at this point. There is just no way that they are giving everyone on XBL an XBC-like experience (which is what it would be if they left it unchanged), delayed movements, excessive shot leading, etc. It's just not acceptable to 99% of the population so it's not going to happen. guaranteed.

I'm hoping for the best too but you need to be realistic about what is and is not possible.

No, I mean't that IF Halo MCC has a LAN feature (from what I understand it might be possible, just the consoles would need to ping the XBL severs) that it keeps Halo 1's LAN netcode architecture. I realize that the XBL netcode is going to be drastically different. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope everyone is still keeping things in perspective, 343 has given us a pretty amazing gift.

I feel like every time we bitch about features of the MCC, we should all list the amazing features of the collection first.

That being said, feedback and discussion is the only way for us to improve the product we are buying, so get it all out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They will.

Even most of the people criticizing the news today still agree that it's going to be fun, just not as fun as it could be.

We still don't even know how "different" it is going to be yet, I know it won't be the CRT TV experience but the tech back then was very limited as probably already stated. I am just happy I get to play it online for the first time and get to see what the fuss is all about. As long as there is no hitscan then I am chuffed.

Heck CEA visuals just look gorgeous. Never had I whistled at the Mark V like I had the first time seeing it in the original release. Minblowingly sexy.

As for feedback I just hope the texture overlays don't break on Assault on the Control Room. Saw tons of blur on the walls I was inches away from, sure it is fixed but if not I can see a fix down the pipeline after launch.

I think all the games are going to look absolutely beautiful. I personally look forward to seeing Halo 4 in 1080P funnily enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

on saterday they said we'd see new coagelatoin gameplay and halo one and to this weak, so that leves room for the end of the weak so they can annowns that Halo: Reach also in the collecshun

For most of that sentence, i actually thought you may have some sort of disability with that spelling. I really wasn't sure until the end.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The problem I have with this community (not just the CE community) yall jump to the worst possible scenario and run with it without even knowing if its a FACT or not.

Yup what you said speaks alot.

on top of all of this, there is something bizarre about the Halo PC community. There is almost universal agreement among h1 xbox players on the best way to play the game. But the PC guys are still playing BG ctf with snipes. It's like they value aiming over literally everything else by far. I have been accused of being a "nade whore" and booted from servers in halo PC the few times I have bothered with it. I just don't understand them. They freak out if you use rockets or anything but pistol and snipe. They just never really got into the 2v2 aspect of the game, possibly because the timers were always broken or maybe just a different PC gamer mindset. I dont get it. Also, they clip the lamest kills ever. Bodyshot snipes and 7 shot pistol kills. Its weird.

I was once booted from a 4v4 Hang Em because nobody else knew how to nade sniper from start. That was fun.

HPC's best strength is CTF. The game is difficult to play with the inconsistent networking and visual information to the point that alot of weapons like the shotgun, rockets and grenades became even more stupidly powerful because of how shooting mechanics work. The best servers on HPC are 8 player FFA's which still have the default weapon spawns, they aren't hard to come by, but the game doesn't play anything like the xbox version does. tack onto this a community of BTB CTF players and the real shine of the game is lost - It's a wonderful game that I still play but the console and pc versions are treated very differently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem I have with this community (not just the CE community) yall jump to the worst possible scenario and run with it without even knowing if its a FACT or not.

I do agree that is a problem in the community, but it's not really our fault. Reach and Halo 4 has made us to prepare for the worst and not be surprised when it happens. If MCC is great (which despite CE PC, it still is), then the community will start to grow more confident with 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well look at everything that bungie/343 has given us since halo 2. There's a pretty good reason why people jump to the worst scenario. They came through one time since halo 3 and that was by giving us NBNS Reach, but it was too late for that game, and then they shat on any hope they had instilled in the community by giving us halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Judging by what we saw today, I would guess yes. Halo 2 vista is much better than HPC though.

What? H2V has had consistently lower populations, terrible GFWL integration, and shit aiming for M & K. You will get raped on H2V if you don't have a controller. Most PC Halo players agree that CE was a better port. 

One other point:

The skill gap hasn't gone out the window for CE. Has anybody actually played CE: PC? There's a huge skillgap, and aiming isn't "hitscan" as people here have been describing it. In fact shot leading is even more important; you have to vary it to compensate for lag. There are slight differences/errors for the timers (not sure about spawns), but they aren't game-breaking. If anything, could lead to some interesting changes in strategy for top-tier CE gameplay. Yes, we were expecting better, but the PC version isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Unless they keep that fucking fuel rod on Dammy! 

If anyone wants to know where to DL the PC version, PM me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I already said it but this will still be the best Halo experience on XBL. Despite every failing, it will still be awesome. It just won't be what I've grown to love, not exactly.

I'll still be playing it on day one.

The biggest negative about all of this to me, the WORST thing? That people will get good at this version and will then think they're gods at the original. And there will be no way to convince them otherwise, and those attitudes are gonna piss me off. It's a pretty silly thing, but it's gonna bug me, and I'm far from elite at CE.

I haven't played Halo PC mp much at all, but are the differences significant enough that there could be a Top Halo 1 OG players and Top Xbone players if that makes any sense? or does everything carry over for the most part and there are just subtle differences that can change the game but not enough with the "right players" behind it.

I doubt it. I think the differences are going to be so minor that top players will be the same on either.

I would have to argue it does in fact change a few things about how you can play the game. Its one of those subtle nuances however that doesn't come into play until you reach a certain level of complexity. Primarily on when you may adjust your play style dependent upon your opponents style. Being overly aggressive doesn't work as well for instance when you can't dodge bullets as well because the aiming is easier. Im remarking on this as a result of the ease of shooting I have noticed playing Halo PC "no lead" servers the past few weeks. I can not take as many risks when I am uncertain of an opponents actual location as they are more likely to take me out when I am making a risky play. This fosters a more passive play style reminiscent of some other Halos. :) Im not saying this is how MCC will function but if it is an easier TSK it will for sure change it at the top level of play. Also, I got really good at strafing after 12 years. ;)

I have other complaints I could list but most have already made comment on them always and what is the point in continuing this negative path. 

CT wrote a pretty well post quite a few pages back, pretty accurate in why we have the right to express ourselves at least. We are some dedicated fans! :)

I am thankful for some things they DID intentionally go back to reimplement such as Xbox timing! THANK YOU! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would have to argue it does in fact change a few things about how you can play the game. Its one of those subtle nuances however that doesn't come into play until you reach a certain level of complexity. Primarily on when you may adjust your play style dependent upon your opponents style. Being overly aggressive doesn't work as well for instance when you can't dodge bullets as well because the aiming is easier. Im remarking on this as a result of the ease of shooting I have noticed playing Halo PC "no lead" servers the past few weeks. I can not take as many risks when I am uncertain of an opponents actual location as they are more likely to take me out when I am making a risky play. This fosters a more passive play style reminiscent of some other Halos. :) Im not saying this is how MCC will function but if it is an easier TSK it will for sure change it at the top level of play. Also, I got really good at strafing after 12 years. ;)

I have other complaints I could list but most have already made comment on them always and what is the point in continuing this negative path. 

CT wrote a pretty well post quite a few pages back, pretty accurate in why we have the right to express ourselves at least. We are some dedicated fans! :)

I am thankful for some things they DID intentionally go back to reimplement such as Xbox timing! THANK YOU! 

I really hope MCC doesn't shit on you guys, I mean, you have waited nearly 13 years for this game...

Edit: Never meant that Halo 4 thing at the start, I am tired lol

• Upvote (+1) 1