CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Can anyone explain to me the big differences of H2V vs. Xbox H2? I played it back in 2008-2009, and the only differences I remember was double-shotting was off, carbine shot way faster, and super bouncing was almost non-existent. Other than that, what was different?

I know you're boys with ghost but until they post something official and definitive, I won't be sure one way or the other. That one BG snipe was clearly behind his head/movement so it's either hitscan (detect enemy in the reticle/line-of-fire for instantaneous hit-detection) or they messed with the headshot hitboxes to a rather absurd extent. Either way it produces much the same result. I'd love to see a 343 blog on it or some long range pistol/snipe kill footage on a guy moving sideways.

CT has spoken

I find it amusing that 343 still pull the 'incomplete build' card when the game is literally less than a month away and has more than likely gone gold.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Through the grapevine boys 

What you watched today was just a build. Nothing complete. The video you saw was not "comparable" to how its actually going to function

What you saw was "unplayable"

I don't know why C/P makes the text black, but there you go: Hope.

Pleaseeeeeee

I find it amusing that 343 still pull the 'incomplete build' card when the game is literally less than a month away and has more than likely gone gold.

This footage was likely filmed months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From the 60 second gameplay, I don't understand how you can come to this assumption.

"I don't know what the hell I'm looking at, so I don't know how you could either!! No one's smarter or knows more about CE than me!! Hahahahaha!!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 may have thought it was obvious to the community. I for one thought it was most certainly obvious.

Everyone knew the netcode was a big issue, but everything 343 said about the Pistol until now was that it would behave the same.

I want to let the dust clear and give myself time to digest things, but hitscan is definitely a bummer.

Idk man. Think about any paper you have ever wrote. The hour before it is due is go hard crunch time let's do this shit mode. 343 is prob in that mode right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks!

Thank you!

Thank you very much - Ice cream shall be had!

Don't mean to go off topic but Dairy Queen sounds really good now that you guys are mentioning ice cream.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm assuming (big assumption at that) is that they used a similar technique that the "no lead" mod for Halo PC. Takes into account your ping and other factors and automatically compinsates for it. You still have to lead on "no lead" servers, it feels the same as host.

I'm assuming (big assumption at that) is that they used a similar technique that the "no lead" mod for Halo PC. Takes into account your ping and other factors and automatically compinsates for it. You still have to lead on "no lead" servers, it feels the same as host.

si amigo what thor and pacmayne and I have played is how I think exactly its going to work. Its not hitscan or close to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone wanting competent 2v2 competition or a patient/knowledgeable/friendly player to learn from should hit me up.

GT: Yoseph is SiK

I won't be accepting friend request until right before Master Chief collection comes out because that is when I'm buying an Xbox one and I currently don't game on the 360

I'm the complete opposite. Stay the hell away from me. There's like 8 people I can team with and not lose my shit.

Really interested to see if some new talent develops. A challenge sounds delicious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the Immunity guys are coming back in Australia. Can't wait to see how I stack up against the  :goat:

I'm Australian too, where is the competitive scene most central?

I'm Australian too, where is the competitive scene most central?

Halo 3 atm bro. There's been a few iM guys playing here and there. They are all washed tho. Ogre 1 was being beaten by Brig grade 3s in Middy FFAs lol

I haven't played Halo PC mp much at all, but are the differences significant enough that there could be a Top Halo 1 OG players and Top Xbone players if that makes any sense? or does everything carry over for the most part and there are just subtle differences that can change the game but not enough with the "right players" behind it.

If you go on halo 2 Xlink, all of the servers and Snipers and BR's with no grenades lol.

Halo PC has always been about big team battle, with cool kids playing Snipers only.  Small maps with Rocket Launchers and all of the other "noob" stuff is never taken seriously, which is why all of the clan servers run nothing but Pistols on Rat Race.  I remember when my local crew started playing Halo PC, we always had to argue with people to play 2v2-4v4 Slayer Pro on small maps.  People would get hostile if you wanted to play something with Rocket Launchers lol.

That being said, Halo PC big team clan matches were always hella fun.  The "feel" of over-arching strategy based solely on map layout and gameplay mechanics carried over to big team in Halo PC IMO, even though a lot of the maps were weirdly designed.  It had that "videogame feel' if that makes any sense.

In my experience there are a ton of PC gamers who aren't skilled at all but take a ton of pride in their hardware and their feeling of superiority, which is why they choose to play certain gametypes like what Shekkles is saying.  It's why you see people playing Battlefield saying "LOOK AT THE EPIC MATCHES MY PC CAN HANDLE" and why I've felt that console gamers put up more of a fight than PC gamers in all of the AAA shooters I've played on both platforms in the past 7 or so years.  A lot of the good FPS players aren't primarily playing Battlefield, lol.

I doubt it. I think the differences are going to be so minor that top players will be the same on either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played Halo PC mp much at all, but are the differences significant enough that there could be a Top Halo 1 OG players and Top Xbone players if that makes any sense? or does everything carry over for the most part and there are just subtle differences that can change the game but not enough with the "right players" behind it.

I've played a lot of both and the differences aren't great enough to make players unable to be the best anymore purely due to map differences.  It's the netcode/hitscan that would make a difference though, we'll see.

There's also the 180 glitch or whatever, saw that being talked about a few weeks ago but I'm not sure what the conclusion to that discussion was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping they leave the LAN netcode from Xbox unchanged.

I hate to break this to you, but from a technical standpoint, there is absolutely no way this can happen without tons of regional datacenters and people only able to play with people within 500 miles of one another. They're changing it. Whether the netcode is based a modified Halo PC code or is something new is yet to be seen at this point. There is just no way that they are giving everyone on XBL an XBC-like experience (which is what it would be if they left it unchanged), delayed movements, excessive shot leading, etc. It's just not acceptable to 99% of the population so it's not going to happen. guaranteed.

I'm hoping for the best too but you need to be realistic about what is and is not possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 atm bro. There's been a few iM guys playing here and there. They are all washed tho. Ogre 1 was being beaten by Brig grade 3s in Middy FFAs lol

Haha awesome, can't wait to get involved once MCC is out.  Where in Aus is Ogre 1 based?