CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

CE was never going to play exactly as it did on LAN anyway, maybe it actually is better this way on live.  I must admit I haven't played much CE multiplayer so I don't quite understand the frustration but at least there is a version of CE to play.

This divide shows up in just abut every videogame ever, Halo's not special.  Yeah, you're right that that divide is bad but I don't see how it's really relevant here.

Neither the PC or Xbox version had hitscan FYI, and neither was on Xbox Live.

link?

I don't think ti will afffect anything dude.

I do think that the autoaim in Halo 1 MCC will effectively be a completely new system though, with hitscan and all.

I have to have more faith in 343 than to think they just randomly chose a reticle size rather than correlate an invisible value to a visible decal.

:o

Well obviously I wanted a better version of halo 1 but I knew this was coming. I just am gonna be mad when people get a 50 in Halo: Combat Easier and suddenly think they're OGREs.

Halo PC gets a bad rap. Some of it is well deserved, like the netcode, and the visual and graphical problems (a lot of them have been fixed in patches since release). But most of the problems have been addressed by 343 (weapon/power up times). I'm hoping they leave the LAN netcode from Xbox unchanged.

I have to have more faith in 343 than to think they just randomly chose a reticle size rather than correlate an invisible value to a visible decal.

For whatever reason, this sprite was used for the Sniper in CEA, and it seems to be arbitrarily used for H1 MCC.  I don't think it's been changed at all.

Anyone else get hit with the "holy-shit-it's-coming-out-so-soon-I-can't-think-of-anything-else" stage? Or already hit it?

I just got hit by this and I'm trying to study for exams that are on when MCC comes out.  It's impossible!  So unbelievably excited to play Halo 2 and 3 again.

Shame that CE is PC version, although it'll still be the best game in the collection.

If nothing else, BTB CTF is going to be a fuckload of fun. Too bad CE will never win the voting in that shitty cross-game BTB playlist and it'll just be a constant cycle of Sandtrap, Ragnarok, and H2A Coag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well obviously I wanted a better version of halo 1 but I knew this was coming. I just am gonna be mad when people get a 50 in Halo: Combat Easier and suddenly think they're OGREs.

From the 60 second gameplay, I don't understand how you can come to this assumption.

I think that it's a very safe bet considering the past 13 years and a decent understanding of how networked games communicate. Extremely safe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uh oh. The CE kid's Jimmies are rustled again.

I think I said before in 1 of my posts. It will not be the same experience you all remember it. It needed to be changed to better suit online. I don't know what changed, but whatever you're all mad about. I'm sure the changes you're mad about are for a good reason.

Wasn't intended to submit that just yet. You caught the 10 seconds before I edited it.

*See new post

Poseidon, I appreciate and understand what you are saying. This is probably what I will have to do. I am pissed because of the lack of support from 343 for the people who have stuck by them since the beginning. It really is insulting for them not it include it. I would understand if they didn't add it because they had no idea about how popular 2v2CE is, and that there is a huge underground following for it still. There is no excuse though. With people like Ghost and Bravo at 343, they definitely knew what they were doing and chose to completely ignore the die-hards.

Side note answer: Would love to get some games with you when it drops. There are a lot of good CE players on this site, so you will learn, and be kicking ass in no time.

Anyone wanting competent 2v2 competition or a patient/knowledgeable/friendly player to learn from should hit me up.

GT: Yoseph is SiK

I won't be accepting friend request until right before Master Chief collection comes out because that is when I'm buying an Xbox one and I currently don't game on the 360

• Upvote (+1) 1

link?

I don't have a video off-hand, but I've played the game a ton.  Just do download the demo at shoot at a wall to see for yourself.

Uh oh. The CE kid's Jimmies are rustled again.

I think I said before in 1 of my posts. It will not be the same experience you all remember it. It needed to be changed to better suit online. I don't know what changed, but whatever you're all mad about. I'm sure the changes you're mad about are for a good reason.

Everyone understands this and are primarily upset that it was deliberately kept a secret for so long.

• Upvote (+1) 2

if hce is pc based or xboxog based. *answer-a bit of both based on some neogaf posts

whether the pistol is hitscan or projectile remains to be seen

Thanks!

People think CE might be Hitscan, shots don't seem to be hitting right. Also rumors of changing spawns a bit. Basically people overreacting to a minute of gameplay. Normal Halo community stuff.

Thank you!

I got my wisdom teeth out last month sir.

MCC Halo 1 appears to be hitscan instead of shot lead.  Not confirmed, but slow-mo video supports it.

Has Halo 4 medals but they can be toggled off.

Has Halo CEA HUD and sound effects, no word on if they can be toggled off.

Rumor going around that 343 changed the spawn system somehow, to prevent spawn killing.  Not confirmed.

Other small details rubbing people the wrong way since the game appears to be more like Halo PC than Halo Xbox based on the gameplay footage.

Go eat some ice cream.

Thank you very much - Ice cream shall be had!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone understands this and are primarily upset that it was deliberately kept a secret for so long.

343 may have thought it was obvious to the community. I for one thought it was most certainly obvious.

I'm not sure some of you know what hit scan actually is.

I know you're boys with ghost but until they post something official and definitive, I won't be sure one way or the other. That one BG snipe was clearly behind his head/movement so it's either hitscan (detect enemy in the reticle/line-of-fire for instantaneous hit-detection) or they messed with the headshot hitboxes to a rather absurd extent. Either way it produces much the same result. I'd love to see a 343 blog on it or some long range pistol/snipe kill footage on a guy moving sideways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have a video off-hand, but I've played the game a ton.  Just do download the demo at shoot at a wall to see for yourself.

for now i'll take your wrd for it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Through the grapevine boys 

What you watched today was just a build. Nothing complete. The video you saw was not "comparable" to how its actually going to function

What you saw was "unplayable"

I don't know why C/P makes the text black, but there you go: Hope.

• Upvote (+1) 5