CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

yes you can toggle old or new

Via settings like where you would change your button layout? Or is that not known yet?

Quick question that I can hopefully get answered in this thread.. What are the release times like if I were to digitally pre-order MCC from my xbox1? Am I better off going to a midnight release to get a physical copy? I live on the East Coast of Canada so I'm one hour ahead of the standard U.S EST time zone and dont wan't to get stuck waiting for my digital copy if the release is region delayed.

it will probably be per region. the new zealanders will let us know if anything is amiss

Yeah Halo PC's netcode is wonky.  Hitbeeps indicate registered shots, while shield flares and the bullets you visually see on your screen aren't representative of what's going on server-side.  It's best to learn playing with particles disabled so you don't see the "fake" bullets and instead learn to lead invisible bullets that don't trick you.

Halo PC constantly desyncs client from server too, especially when explosions move a player.  That's why you'll be hit by a greande and continue moving, only to be teleported somewhere else a few seconds later.  On the server you were actually blown a few feet to the right and actually walked straight off a cliff.  Oops.

I wouldn't expect Halo PC's netcode in MCC though, since the hitscan already shows us that 343 is trying to make the netcode "playable" at all costs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest negative about all of this to me, the WORST thing? That people will get good at this version and will then think they're gods at the original. And there will be no way to convince them otherwise, and those attitudes are gonna piss me off. It's a pretty silly thing, but it's gonna bug me, and I'm far from elite at CE.

THAT is the thing complaints on this topic should be centered around. If anything, the elitist and ignorant nature of this community is absolutely destructive to Halo's future. There are only roughly 20-25 great players. Being MLG pro only means you're really good. The great players don't need to reference "(gaming league) pro" to validate that.

I grew up on Halo CE just like you, and you understand the precise physics more than I do, but what annoys me is the broad majority of many other Halo CE complaints (and as I type this, just about every complaint on the MP in this series) having this underlying tone of "this way or the highway, or you're just a filthy casual". Many "casuals" out there respect Halo's top tier talent, understand the areas to be successful on a map, and share similar sentiments that have hurt the game. I know if I want the true original experience I hit up my big fat OG Xbox and CRT. An Xbox One on an HDTV will never provide that, regardless of how nitty-gritty close a developer adjusts the code. It is a resolution I have made since this was announced with an ambitious game production time, and I believe you have also, given your ties to the software industry. I understand the disappointment and the annoyance of a AAA developer's ambiguity. But having a PC version over an OG XB version is the not the top of my worries on this series' future when I see other games being more successful with today's technology outlets at their disposal and their communities. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

People are overreacting like crazy let's not forget that they are playing on a LAN this isn't indicative of how it's going too play on Xbox live when there's ping invovled there will probably be some shot leading.

But I hope we can enable H3 metals for CE/2 instead of H4 medals since at least they actually mean something when you get them.

90% of Halo 1 is still the best MP console shooter on the market. I'll take a slightly different version of that than any other game.

For the people doing the spawnkilling on Wizard 4v4 it might be  :lol:  I just have a feeling noobs are going to be eaten alive in that play-list.

As for projectile weapons, I would definitely prefer 343 to focus more on that relatively unexplored part of Halo's Sandbox, rather than re-skin the AR 10 different times with different color projectiles. I feel like a really great projectile weapon like the Quake RL or UT Shockrifle(hybrid hitscan/projectile) or even the Halo CE pistol can really make a good Sandbox into a great one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hell, 343 probably already addressed the situation since the vids shown off on IGN are not final builds.

No Halo dev on earth has had a track record that could warrant your claim..

For the people doing the spawnkilling on Wizard 4v4 it might be  :lol:  I just have a feeling noobs are going to be eaten alive in that play-list.

343 may have "fixed" that.

I got my wisdom teeth* taken out...

Can someone quote me and let me know what everyone is worried about?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got my wisdom taken out...

Just go give them to the 343i guys, they need them because they goofed.

• Downvote (-1) 3

if hce is pc based or xboxog based. *answer-a bit of both based on some neogaf posts

whether the pistol is hitscan or projectile remains to be seen

• Upvote (+1) 1

People think CE might be Hitscan, shots don't seem to be hitting right. Also rumors of changing spawns a bit. Basically people overreacting to a minute of gameplay. Normal Halo community stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I grew up on Halo CE just like you, and you understand the precise physics more than I do, but what annoys me is the broad majority of many other Halo CE complaints (and as I type this, just about every complaint on the MP in this series) having this underlying tone of "this way or the highway, or you're just a filthy casual". Many "casuals" out there respect Halo's top tier talent, understand the areas to be successful on a map, and share similar sentiments that have hurt the game. I know if I want the true original experience I hit up my big fat OG Xbox and CRT. An Xbox One on an HDTV will never provide that, regardless of how nitty-gritty close a developer adjusts the code. It is a resolution I have made since this was announced with an ambitious game production time, and I believe you have also, given your ties to the software industry. I understand the disappointment and the annoyance of a AAA developer's ambiguity. But having a PC version over an OG XB version is the not the top of my worries on this series' future when I see other games being more successful with today's technology outlets at their disposal and their communities.

This divide shows up in just abut every videogame ever, Halo's not special.  Yeah, you're right that that divide is bad but I don't see how it's really relevant here.

Neither the PC or Xbox version had hitscan FYI, and neither was on Xbox Live.

change ur field of vision to 70 then take the picture again.

redicle size doesn't change with FoV and Halo MCC has a FoV that around 90.

People think CE might be Hitscan, shots don't seem to be hitting right. Also rumors of changing spawns a bit. Basically people overreacting to a minute of gameplay. Normal Halo community stuff.

Dat hud is fugly too.

I'm pretty sure the reticule size won't change how the aim assist works.  This same Sniper reticule was in Halo CEA and it didn't change how the Sniper worked.

Any changes made will be non-related, IMO.

Hopefully the larger reticle will only affect auto aim and not magnetism so you can still miss shots with red reticle because the bullet goes perfectly straight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it will probably be per region. the new zealanders will let us know if anything is amiss

Just want to know if I'm going to be able to download the game at 12:01 am in my timezone or will I be stuck waiting until whatever timezone 343 is in to release or something like that.

I got my wisdom teeth out last month sir.

MCC Halo 1 appears to be hitscan instead of shot lead.  Not confirmed, but slow-mo video supports it.

Has Halo 4 medals but they can be toggled off.

Has Halo CEA HUD and sound effects, no word on if they can be toggled off.

Rumor going around that 343 changed the spawn system somehow, to prevent spawn killing.  Not confirmed.

Other small details rubbing people the wrong way since the game appears to be more like Halo PC than Halo Xbox based on the gameplay footage.

Go eat some ice cream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Via settings like where you would change your button layout? Or is that not known yet?

no idea yet its been said that we will be able to pick - im sure we will get more at a later date.

until then i have no idea Sir

no idea yet its been said that we will be able to pick - im sure we will get more at a later date.

until then i have no idea Sir

Hope so. That's an eyesore.

Hopefully the larger reticle will only affect auto aim and not magnetism so you can still miss shots with red reticle because the bullet goes perfectly straight.

I don't think ti will afffect anything dude.

I do think that the autoaim in Halo 1 MCC will effectively be a completely new system though, with hitscan and all.

The biggest negative about all of this to me, the WORST thing? That people will get good at this version and will then think they're gods at the original. And there will be no way to convince them otherwise, and those attitudes are gonna piss me off. It's a pretty silly thing, but it's gonna bug me, and I'm far from elite at CE.

:O

• Upvote (+1) 3