CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

you're an H3 kid,  you simply cannot wrap your mind around why vets are pissed currently.

You're an

GG

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ppl have been playing h1 for over 10+ years...they'll let go of it when they can no longer physically play video games...

nah dude...fuck that, I think his post was funny...

bruh say 1 warning point lolololol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

How many warning points bro.

:lol:

for today being halo 1 day on team beyond

you owe me

• Upvote (+1) 1

:lol:

for today being halo 1 day on team beyond

you owe me

ur the worst

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great googly moogly.

So from what I have gathered from this, it seems Halo CE on the Chief Collection is not an exact duplicate of OG Xbox CE, but rather a mix of it and PC. And there is a wild rumor that the Magnum is no longer projectile based, but is in fact hitscan. (Again, rumor.)

...But is that so much of a problem that it will kill the game?

I'll be honest. I've always favored hit scan over projectiles only because of connectivity. Take halo 3 for example, I hear a lot of people on here saying that the projectile system is what made H3 hard and at this point now almost unplayable depending on host. So if the rumors are true, I welcome it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Moa also forgot to add it has to be 1 or greater and that he will take what is said and multiply it by 1000

How many warning points bro.

1 for every shot it takes to kill you.

I must warn you, I'm playing AR starts in Reach.

I'll be honest. I've always favored hit scan over projectiles only because of connectivity. Take halo 3 for example, I hear a lot of people on here saying that the projectile system is what made H3 hard and at this point now almost unplayable depending on host. So if the rumors are true, I welcome it.

It wasnt really projectiles but moreso the netcode. Shots didnt register, the BR had the spread, double and triple reloads for weapons, bullets refunding or disappearing into thin air when you shot them. 

Projectiles themselves are fine, I actually prefer it to hitscan

• Upvote (+1) 2

on top of all of this, there is something bizarre about the Halo PC community. There is almost universal agreement among h1 xbox players on the best way to play the game. But the PC guys are still playing BG ctf with snipes. It's like they value aiming over literally everything else by far. I have been accused of being a "nade whore" and booted from servers in halo PC the few times I have bothered with it. I just don't understand them. They freak out if you use rockets or anything but pistol and snipe. They just never really got into the 2v2 aspect of the game, possibly because the timers were always broken or maybe just a different PC gamer mindset. I dont get it. Also, they clip the lamest kills ever. Bodyshot snipes and 7 shot pistol kills. Its weird.

they definitely get along with the halo3 crowd then
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

you're an H3 kid,  you simply cannot wrap your mind around why vets are pissed currently.

So let me guess, since I'm an H3 kid I can't understand on why vets are angry? I can acknowledge why they're angry and try to understand where they're coming from. But at this point and time, it's not going to matter until the game comes out next month. Hell, 343 probably already addressed the situation since the vids shown off on IGN are not final builds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Damn, the second picture is absurd. I never played CE, but that just looks like Reach and H4 but on steroids. It was so easy to snipe in those games, it looks like it'll be easier than that, even in what was known as the hardest Halo to snipe in... 

If not previously posted, with my experience in both h1 and hpc. Hpc uses the bubble spawning aswell, ive played a fair amount of pc to know this.

I'm pretty sure the reticule size won't change how the aim assist works.  This same Sniper reticule was in Halo CEA and it didn't change how the Sniper worked.

Any changes made will be non-related, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question that I can hopefully get answered in this thread.. What are the release times like if I were to digitally pre-order MCC from my xbox1? Am I better off going to a midnight release to get a physical copy? I live on the East Coast of Canada so I'm one hour ahead of the standard U.S EST time zone and dont wan't to get stuck waiting for my digital copy if the release is region delayed.