CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I understand everyone's complaints, I really do. But for me personally, I'm still in awe that we're getting 4 full campaigns and 5 multiplayer experiences on one disk for $60. H1 was my favorite game ever. Hands down. I'm just happy I get to play it, or something that very closely resembles it, on xbl for the first time. I LAN'd H1 a ton in my neighborhood when I was younger but I haven't really had the oppyrtunity to do that in years. Reliving my childhood is something I very much look forward to whether or not it's the OG H1.

Same here. The amount of content packed into one disk is very impressive imo. I started with H3 in 2008, and at that time it was my favorite title on 360. So with MCC, I'm not just reliving my moments in H3, I will get to experience on what made CE and H2 so great and with 60fps and dedicated servers on top of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once in a very great while I get so down I have to put on The Marshall Mathers LP and listen all the way through. I thought the day H1 came to XBL would be a highlight of my relatively young life. Instead, It's a MMLP kinda day. 

"I aint that mad though, I just don't like being lied to" - 'Stan', Eminem.

Hey did you know that stalker+fan=Stan?

90% of Halo 1 is still the best MP console shooter on the market. I'll take a slightly different version of that than any other game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Halo MCC Edition seems to be using the same reticule system as the Halo CE Anniversary edition.

The Sniper Reticule is the only one I would like to see see changed, its way too big.

Here are some screenshots from Halo PC 1440p and Halo MCC 1080p

1440p

VJQ7IRj.jpg

1080p

8ftNbJP.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

looks fine to me relax yourselfs. This hitscan stuff needs to die right away it is not hitscan. 

Same here. The amount of content packed into one disk is very impressive imo. I started with H3 in 2008, and at that time it was my favorite title on 360. So with MCC, I'm not just reliving my moments in H3, I will get to experience on what made CE and H2 so great and with 60fps and dedicated servers on top of that.

SURPRISEEEEEE WOW 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Great googly moogly.

So from what I have gathered from this, it seems Halo CE on the Chief Collection is not an exact duplicate of OG Xbox CE, but rather a mix of it and PC. And there is a wild rumor that the Magnum is no longer projectile based, but is in fact hitscan. (Again, rumor.)

...But is that so much of a problem that it will kill the game?

At best, the game will still be great. And for the peeps who are still sticking with OG because of this, go ahead. I am indeed someone from the CE days, and have been waiting for something like this to happen for a while. I already knew there would be shortcomings; I already knew it probably won't be the same considering it is old tech that is very delicate. It's not that big of a deal to me. It shouldn't be for most people.

But to the people who are upset about the changes; If it's too much for you, you still have OG. But you will eventually need to let go of it, so enjoy it while it is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We'll give you three guesses who that is. Winner gets to choose how many warning points he gets.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But to the people who are upset about the changes; If it's too much for you, you still have OG. But you will eventually need to let go of it, so enjoy it while it is there.

ppl have been playing h1 for over 10+ years...they'll let go of it when they can no longer physically play video games...

We'll give you three guesses who that is. Winner gets to choose how many warning points he gets.

nah dude...fuck that, I think his post was funny...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Way to take things out of context.

you're an H3 kid,  you simply cannot wrap your mind around why vets are pissed currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This thread has gotten hard to read. Today was supposed to be a day where people who've been waiting for over a decade got what they wanted, and now its filled with uncertainty and in some cases anger. Its sad, 343 dropped the ball

• Upvote (+1) 4

Great googly moogly.

So from what I have gathered from this, it seems Halo CE on the Chief Collection is not an exact duplicate of OG Xbox CE, but rather a mix of it and PC. [/b]

it's not a mix of it. it's pc with changes to resemble it.

Also, can you disable the medals for MP? Like in matchmaking?

Yup. 

ppl have been playing h1 for over 10+ years...they'll let go of it when they can no longer physically play video games...

nah dude...fuck that, I think his post was funny...

How many warning points bro.

• Upvote (+1) 1