CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I also wonder how much of this is the netcode. Xbox One can't do "true LAN", right? It still has to communicate with the server?

It can do "true LAN" the xbox One needs to be connected to the internet to access an account.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay I just watched the videos... I don't know what to think about the hitscan stuff, now that it's clearly hitscan we're dealing with.

The three possibilities for hit detection generally were:

• Shit netcode like Halo 1/PC that the gaming community rejects for being terrible.
  • Hitscan netcode that makes the game playable to the general public but messes with the original gameplay.
  • Original bullet physics that detect hits on client and claim hit detection to the host as if it was hitscan, with the need for bullet lead in order to detect hits.

Obviously the third option is what would be best, so I'm assuming that they couldn't get shot lead on client into client-side hit detection working properly so they went with the more "playable" alternative.

I wish they would have spoken about this earlier, it would have softened the blow but eh...

I'm actively trying to suppress anger about the CEA HUD and sound effects because I know they don't affect gameplay, but it still bothers me like hell.

It's nice to think of this as "playable netcode" instead of "ruined gameplay" but I honestly need more time to digest this.

Yeah, that bummed me out as well. The pistol doesn't sound like the pistol. Hoping it's just my imagination.

Have you also noticed that the hud elements do not look like the default ones from Halo CE?

So, and this could be just me, but I'm rewatching the HH clip from atop big ramp and something looks weird. Anybody that's played h1 knows that when sweeping your reticle it kind of "sticks" onto enemies. The guy playing in this clip, his just zooms on by. Does anyone else see a difference or is this explained some other way?

Or would that be something we probably couldn't see but would have to feel?

So, and this could be just me, but I'm rewatching the HH clip from atop big ramp and something looks weird. Anybody that's played h1 knows that when sweeping your reticle it kind of "stcks" onto enemies. The guy playing in this clip, his just zooms on by. Does anyone else see a difference or is this explained some other way?

Or would that be something we probably couldn't see but what have to feel?

I see what you mean,.  I have the same vibe when I played H1PC with a controller.  But H1PC w/ controller is no aim assist so idk

So, and this could be just me, but I'm rewatching the HH clip from atop big ramp and something looks weird. Anybody that's played h1 knows that when sweeping your reticle it kind of "sticks" onto enemies. The guy playing in this clip, his just zooms on by. Does anyone else see a difference or is this explained some other way?

Or would that be something we probably couldn't see but would have to feel?

I noticed it as well. Could definitely be something we couldn't see but have to feel. Hard to say right now but it is definitely there and noticeable.

I get why you are all angry but for once can you all be happy we are even getting a CE ONLINE for the first time and even a H2C?

I really don't understand these kind of posts....you should NEVER be content...especially when you know something isn't what you were expecting. I think every single halo fan is grateful to have the opportunity to play all these games on one console and on xbl...but that shouldnt stop anyone from saying..."hold up...that's not the game I remember from X amount of years ago".

Remember how the community changed halo 4 in many ways? should we have just been happy with getting a new halo game instead of bringing up the many issues that plagued the game?

it's not always so simple bro..

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really don't understand these kind of posts....you should NEVER be content...especially when you know something isn't what you were expecting. I think every single halo fan is grateful to have the opportunity to play all these games on one console and on xbl...but that shouldnt stop anyone from saying..."hold up...that's not the game I remember from X amount of years ago".

Remember how the community changed halo 4 in many ways? should we have just been happy with getting a new halo game instead of bringing up the many issues that plagued the game?

it's not always so simple bro..

Its called i'm happy that I can play all 4 halo games on one console. Its called I can finally be able to have fun. Guess thats not allowed here?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I ran out of neg rep for the day. it's not hit scan. 

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

What sucks is, all of the really upset peoples posts are getting deleted, which I understand why because they are probably writing some ridiculous nonsense... but I mean if 343 really does frequent this site I'd like for them to see how pissed people are.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I get why you are all angry but for once can you all be happy we are even getting a CE ONLINE for the first time and even a H2C?

We aren't getting CE online. Why do people keep saying that. We are getting Halo PC on consoles. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Any chance you can have Ghost convince someone at 343 to put up a blog on MCC netcode and how shooting is handled?

Probably not, only thing I was told was everything is supposed to function the same as Xbox, net-code aside obviously.

Its called i'm happy that I can play all 4 halo games on one console. Its called I can finally be able to have fun. Guess thats not allowed here?

what? who is saying there is no fun in having all 4 games on one console? how did you determine that from "this is the wrong version of halo 1" or "the aiming looks easier"?

I don't see anyone saying they won't have fun or telling anyone else to not have fun. You're creating an argument that isn't there.

What sucks is, all of the really upset peoples posts are getting deleted, which I understand why because they are probably writing some ridiculous nonsense... but I mean if 343 really does frequent this site I'd like for them to see how pissed people are.

Wanted to +rep this but...

2el78yx.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

I loved playing Shadowrun, I know at least 3 other people in the office who did as well. I want to lan it again, haven't done that since 2008 when I was reffing the events. The problem lies in getting 8 people willing to sit down and play with 8 consoles and 8 tvs. We have issues getting just 4 people to sit down at the same time for h1 currently. Only 6 full time employees (in NYC) can play on some competent level, getting them all in a room at the same time is a pain.

All that said, Next big H1 or SR lan we manage to pull together I'll make sure to get it up on a stream.

I'll send ya a PM since I don't want keep pushing this conversation off topic.

Could just edit all the nasty ones to say [Generic upset post] :goldenboy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably not, only thing I was told was everything is supposed to function the same as Xbox, net-code aside obviously.

So spawning system should stay intact from OG xbox?

Wambulance has been working overtime the past couple weeks. Poor thing. 

wambulance.gif

There are more people who grew up on and played OG H1 than you bearded vets may realize. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the point of Gundam's post is not why are people are fighting for Halo 1 in the MCC to be closer to the original - since I think most people know why - but I think he means more in the way people are going about expressing their concerns and dislike from what they have seen, and I can't say I fully disagree. The way some of you guys are posting you are fully making yourselves sound like you are better than other people on the site. We understand your passion for an original Halo 1 experience but some of you really need to stop making it out like you are above everyone else.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wambulance has been working overtime the past couple weeks. Poor thing. 

wambulance.gif

There are more people who grew up on and played OG H1 than you bearded vets may realize. 

I second this it's like we're only getting Combat Evolved on the Xbox One and not like three other games plus a Beta that needed to happen.

I think the point of Gundam's post is not why are people are fighting for Halo 1 in the MCC to be closer to the original - since I think most people know why - but I think he means more in the way people are going about expressing their concerns and dislike from what they have seen, and I can't say I fully disagree. The way some of you guys are posting you are fully making yourselves sound like you are better than other people on the site. We understand your passion for an original Halo 1 experience but some of you really need to stop making it out like you are above everyone else.

I honestly haven't seen anyone talk down to another poster or disrespect them in like 10 pages...all the unnecessary arguing happened around the time the video was released....it's now 6 pm...for the past couple hrs it's been ppl dissecting the footage and ppl disagreeing with them...

• Upvote (+1) 1