CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I asked Dersky if ranks are going to be visible, and he said, "I can't discuss that." 

I'm now very nervous :(

Has there been any reports that ranks wouldn't be visible? 

Good looking is subjective. I think the left picture looks better as well.

The right has more sophisticated, advanved graphics but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks better in everyones eyes.

Also I like the vibrant colors. Art doesn't come down to pixels and realism. Sometimes the simpler and subjectively more elegant design is preferred by some people.

artstyle =/= image quality

What nostalgia can do to people... Imagine its 2001 and you had to choose between h4's art/graphics or HCE's art/graphics (Not the game in general, just art and graphics). Dont act like Halo 4 is not vibrant either.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has there been any reports that ranks wouldn't be visible? 

Nope. People are assuming that since Halo 4 didn't visualize them, then MCC won't. It will be visible, in-game on a users player details/service record.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It isn't nostalgia. Bungies artwork in CE and all the other bungie games are infinitely better than 343. Honestly just look at the spartan designs from reach and then go to H4. That is NOT a graphical improvement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

100 % with out a doubt I will be playing both as much as possible / H2A will be fun but only having a few maps might cut it short for me and my friends / H2 will have more to offer for the most part.

Again I will be playing everything MCC has to offer to me.

What nostalgia can do to people... Imagine its 2001 and you had to choose between h4's art/graphics or HCE's art/graphics (Not the game in general, just art and graphics). Dont act like Halo 4 is not vibrant either.

Yeah I won't even challenge what you're saying because I'm sure what you like is based of what you liked in the past and of course you compare it to new stuff and if it's different we tend to dislike it sometimes just because of that. I'm not saying H4's graphics are shit or anything like that. The CE graphics just have a certain charm and special place in my heart and I prefer them much like I still adore the SNES graphics on some games like SoM or Chrono Trigger.

H4 is vibrant although it has a more realistic look and is less cartoony. I prefer the cartoony look. H3 MP still looks the best to me for that reason.

This is a subjective opinion of mine. Liking things often isn't rational.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach has the best graphics of all the Halo's. By far the best detail, realism, and easy on the eyes. I think a lot of people are fooled into thinking Halo 4 looks good simply because the graphics are so bright. Just another gimmick in the long list of gimmicks that 343 used for Halo 4.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with Wilfram. H3 was an upgraded H2 look, and it looked great. Reach I could see people liking. I liked it, although it wasn't my favorite. To me there was too much annoying detail and everything looked the same anyway. H4 is the first game that I have my brightness turned mostly down because it's so bright, and the Spartans no longer look like Spartans. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The CE graphics just have a certain charm and special place in my heart

That is literally what nostalgia is lmao

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wonder if The Library in Anniversary graphics still has those floating texture maps you can walk through... Not that it matters, but it was a lot funnier than it should have been heh.

As for the original CE graphics, IMO, not all of it aged well. In standard resolution Master Chief looks like his bowels are distended.

This is not a good reference for the potential performance of the xbox one at 4k resolution. What were the spec of the PC used to benchmark these GPUs? Most test PC's used by these reviewers are 4+ghz overclocked i7's, with 8+gigs of high end ram, and most of the time running off SSD's. Machines FAR superior to the Xbone. All of that plays a part in achieving those FPS scores in that benchmark. And are those scores the highest FPS's achieved, or average FPS in all situations?

I run a 4+ghz i7, gtx 690, 8 gigs ram on a SSD. I can run anything in 4k and get 30fps, but 60fps? Even i need to mess with settings in new high end visual games like Crysis. Who the hell wants to play games at 30fps? It's 2014. and the gtx 690 goes for around $900...

Most test PC's do use newer parts but even say a i5 2500k will give you the same performance in games. A 2500k will not be bottlenecked by even two 980s in SLI. SSDs also don't matter in games other than loading times. Ram also doesn't matter that much nowadays as long as you have over 4Gb. 690 for $900 is beyond overpriced because they are scarce. You can get much better GPUs for much cheaper.

This is not a good reference for the potential performance of the xbox one at 4k resolution. What were the spec of the PC used to benchmark these GPUs? Most test PC's used by these reviewers are 4+ghz overclocked i7's, with 8+gigs of high end ram, and most of the time running off SSD's. Machines FAR superior to the Xbone. All of that plays a part in achieving those FPS scores in that benchmark. And are those scores the highest FPS's achieved, or average FPS in all situations?

I run a 4+ghz i7, gtx 690, 8 gigs ram on a SSD. I can run anything in 4k and get 30fps, but 60fps? Even i need to mess with settings in new high end visual games like Crysis. Who the hell wants to play games at 30fps? It's 2014. and the gtx 690 goes for around $900...

$900 for JUST a graphics card, lol.

And I love the PC master race argument of "I can get a $400 PC and blah blah blah..."

Yeah, you can, but it's not going to play games at 60+ fps at anything close to 4k, and since you're so concerned about resolution and graphics, that HAS to be what you want otherwise why bitch about consoles in the first place?

Not arguing that 30fps at 4k isn't beautiful or anything, but it isn't $900+ beautiful. Not to me.

It isn't nostalgia. Bungies artwork in CE and all the other bungie games are infinitely better than 343. Honestly just look at the spartan designs from reach and then go to H4. That is NOT a graphical improvement.

Art style/design =/= "graphics"

Halo 4 has better graphics. Period.

The art style may not be your favourite, but to argue that CE had better overall graphics is just fucking stupid.

Halo 4 looked terrible everything was so bright and shiny for no reason.

Yeah, it should be lightless and have ZERO shine, just like IRL :kappa:

Seriously...

Yeah, it should be lightless and have ZERO shine, just like IRL :kappa:

Seriously...

When you resort to extremes that's when you know you have no argument. No one said that it should be dull, but everything in that game looks like it was covered in armor all. H4 looks that episode of SpongeBob where they went to the future and everything is chrome

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4 has better graphics. Period.

I'm just glad the lighting isn't going to be hampered by ceilings, ala Halo 4 2012 Original Release...

still don't get it. I can't even see anything on the right picture. not to mention is that even in the game? what multiplayer map is that? oh its a campaign cutscene maybe...

look how glorious this is

Ag1vPpE.jpg

Campaign, just at the level starts. My capture card compressed the shit out of it but Halo 4 looks fucking gorgeous.

I think CE has a nice art style but it looks like pure shit graphically.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nop, not even close.

l8d3jgW.jpg

Maybe technically it doesn't look as good, but Halo 1 still has a nice clean art style compared to how overdesigned everything in Halo 4 looks.

$900 for JUST a graphics card, lol.

And I love the PC master race argument of "I can get a $400 PC and blah blah blah..."

Yeah, you can, but it's not going to play games at 60+ fps at anything close to 4k, and since you're so concerned about resolution and graphics, that HAS to be what you want otherwise why bitch about consoles in the first place?

Not arguing that 30fps at 4k isn't beautiful or anything, but it isn't $900+ beautiful. Not to me.

You're not running anything at 4k/60fps for $400. Consoles can barely handle 900p/30fps.

• Upvote (+1) 3