CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm pretty sure 70%+ of the bans on our forums in 2013 were related to settings/maps which lead to bad debates and feuds/insults. It literally brings out the worst in people.

Gold Pro kids are fucking unbearable, such an elitist attitude about their settings. Granted I actually did like a lot of stuff that they did, but they were just such a-holes when it came to discussing settings.

OT: As far as H2C or H2A I like most would prefer H2C to be the premier title, but I do think that H2A has more potential for success. It's a new experience with modern graphics and what is looking like to have a lot of dev support. If some DLC's get announced as well H2A is going to make the most sense.

Personally I am 100% H2C. Yes it's nostalgia, but a good nostalgia.

Unedited old maps without any "improvements" are probably my favorite reason to play H2C MP, but I admit, that I will play through the campaign with the Anniversary graphics for 2 reasons. Terminal search, and dem cutscenes. /drool

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good stuff will probably be at the end of the week.

Yeah well, TMCC is around the corner... so there's no point to get frustrated. Is worth the waiting.

So I asked Dersky if ranks are going to be visible, and he said, "I can't discuss that." 

I'm now very nervous :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I asked Dersky if ranks are going to be visible, and he said, "I can't discuss that." 

I'm now very nervous :(

I'm 110% they wouldn't make ranks invisible, you know how much backlash they would get?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm 110% they wouldn't make ranks invisible, you know how much backlash they would get?

I'm over 9000% darn sure you can see the ranks of any player in player's detail, at least. They even showed a picture of the Universal/Best rank, while also Josh Menke was discussing that on twitter. As a matter of fact, he even said you could see someone's best rank. @@logan

Halo-MCC-Ranks.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought this pretty well summed up how I feel about it. If it were up to me, we would all just play H2 in its original shitty quality, and we would have the perfect competitive game. I will definitely be playing both games for fun, but I will only play H2C competitively.

Halo 2 in 1080p/60 FPS with no button glitches isn't Halo 2, it's Halo 5 with Halo 2 maps. At the very least, that's a more appropriate association.

What makes me mad is all the hypocrites who continuously say "we want the most competitive 4v4 Halo" and its being served to us on a golden platter and you instead choose to blindly support H2A because 343 MIGHT support it more. This is the competitive Halo's community chance to be Smash and go back to the game's we love and rebuild our community. Any other comp community would DIE for a modern HD remake of their "golden era" game, and we would be blowing it by instead supporting an imitation of an original MP master-piece.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Resolution is a small part of what makes something "look" good. 

Halo Ce at 4k wont look as good as halo 4 at 720p.

thats pretty disturbing considering halo ce at 360p looks better than halo4 at 720p
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Have they confirmed they'll be using the Australian servers at launch?

Have they confirmed they'll be using the Australian servers at launch?

Yes they have. Don't have a source though sorry.

I'm over 9000% darn sure you can see the ranks of any player in player's detail, at least. They even showed a picture of the Universal/Best rank, while also Josh Menke was discussing that on twitter. As a matter of fact, he even said you could see someone's best rank. @@logan

https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/499320751254560769

Halo-MCC-Ranks.png

I wonder if that's what it looks like if you click on a players service record,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nop, not even close.

l8d3jgW.jpg

Good looking is subjective. I think the left picture looks better as well.

The right has more sophisticated, advanved graphics but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks better in everyones eyes.

Also I like the vibrant colors. Art doesn't come down to pixels and realism. Sometimes the simpler and subjectively more elegant design is preferred by some people.

artstyle =/= image quality

• Upvote (+1) 1