CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It was hinted by Bravo that it WILL happen. But what these CE nerds don't understand is that they are the absolute minority of the entire Halo community. What about the Snipers community? What about the Grifball and Living Dead community. Those communities are 1000x more prominent and successful population wise than CE ever will. I'm sorry I'm just stating facts. 343 can't just make 100000 playlists to cater to every niche community in Halo. I'm sorry to say it, I'd love to enjoy Halo CE 2v2s as well in MM but the truth is, 343 is handling the playlists to fit performance. If anything Living Dead will make its way into a permenant playlist first. That shit was the most popular playlist throughout 2011 to current in Reach. 

I'm actually amazed at how ungrateful this community can be sometimes. You kids just got your CE on XBL on Console for the first time. Instead of cheering god bless you 343 for finally bringing our beloved CE online you bitch that there won't be a playlist at launch. You have 1000 potential people on your list. (I doubt that the playlist will exceed that many people anyway) Just go to customs FFS. Us Aussies have been playing competitive customs since the dawn of online MM. Get used to it.

The sad part is that people are bitching about 2 at launch competitive playlists. Not one but 2! That's a start. It's better than anything we have EVER got at launch.

Not ONE person should be complaing AT ALL about ANYTHING. MCC offers everything from 2000 and beyond. It honestly shows how spoilt all of you really are.

1. We don't know what will be in this "E-Sports" playlist. Probably end up being more H2A stuff.

2. Team Hardcore has two separate games in it which is unbelievably stupid. Why would anyone want to play a "hardcore" playlist and jump between 2 separate sandboxes. People will be quitting all the time in that playlist due to the game they wanted to play not being chosen.

I'm curious about the difference with Team Hardcore and Halo E-Sports and the fact Bravo is trying to push a 1v1 playlist I'm really happy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Out of curiosity, who here has played a 4v4 game of h1 with actual good players?

I have and it can be very host/frame rate dominate. There are some decently balanced maps/game types tho. The difference between H1 4's and the subsequent Halo 4v4s is that H1 is very fast and chaotic. It's just run & gun, for the most part.

Good players will attempt to spawn trap and take power ups to odd places on the map.

Something that hasn't been mentioned at all (I don't think) and what is prob the favorite thing to do for all the H1 "pros" (aside from endless 2v2s) is 8 man Derelict FFAs, with radar.

Out of all the higher tier lans I've been to, 4v4s almost never take place. But if the TVs and space allow it, Dere FFAs always happen. So someone should mention that to Bravooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Out of curiosity, who here has played a 4v4 game of h1 with actual good players?

Not in a longgg time.  Sadly we've lost most of the pictures/video we took from the tournaments we attended, but I recently consolidated everything we had onto my computer.  After a quick look here is a picture of a postgame from AGP 4 against AP.

http://imgur.com/Tt0dU56

It's only happened a couple times in the last decade, but I've played some CE 4s with people around my level or a bit better than me and the spawn killing can be just utterly ruthless. Dere, Dammy and Wiz CTF all have a relatively small number of spawn points and when the other team has angles and control, it's just spawn into a headshot or nade for stretches. HH CTF can be that way at times too but I dont anticipate this being in the playlist due to asym. Probably dammy too.

Considering objective will be 10 second spawns, new people are going to get REAL tired of that REAL fast if they spawn in a nade or three.

Slayer can be really rough too. I mean, it's fun when youre on the giving end of it but when your team gets stuck spawning at red pistol and camo and their whole team is top blue, it's just ugly. Same for those three spawn points on the wall bottom rocks in chilly. There are moments where you can get 7-8 kills in a matter of 15 seconds due to nading spawns and a couple well-placed rockets.

Regardless, I'll probably have fun with it, even if my team is full of IRL friends who barely even time.

edit: I have lots of saved VoD from 04 that I need to upload to my channel. 4v4 team dom and others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but IMO they goofed hard with these playlists. Yes 2 competitive playlists is exciting, but:

No H2/H3 FFA playlist

Two team H2A playlists, but only one for H2/H3 each

No H2/H3 social playlists, these were the most popular playlists in Halo MM history

No doubles

Inb4 the negs and people saying "they will fix this after launch"

They will fix it in early spring, when 90% of the players have left for CoD (see: Halo Reach, Halo 4)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Signing in to admit I was wrong on playlists. I had no idea we would be having not one but two competitive offerings. That's really amazing by 343 and they deserve our thanks.

Anyone fan of Vidmasters? that's something I'm looking forward (Imagine Vidmaster for every Halo)

Huge fan of them here. Hoping they make a return, knowing the people I do now, it should make for some great banter.

Other than the THC nonsense, I have to wonder why they're still doing SMG starts in the 4v4 playlist? Why can't they just give both BR and SMG?  

We still don't know whether you can pick a "preferred game" for the multigame playlists. In one of the first public demos at a convention, it was mentioned that you could pick a preferred game, and if your game wasn't picked, the search would restart. That was a while ago, and things could have changed, but we won't know until they talk about the matchmaking itself.

Just found this tweet.

CE 4v4 isn't random. It is very fast though, objective games in particular.

I'm under the impression that the CE 4v4 playlist that will be featured, though, is just a generic hodge-podge of random gametypes from CE that have radar enabled. Rat Race KOTH, Boarding Action CTF, Wizard ball, Hang Em ball, that kind of stuff. Not exactly the cream of the crop as far as gametypes go.

What 343 doesn't seem to get is that CE is the most niche audience out of all the titles. There are three main groups of CE fans; the 2v2 crowd, the Halo PC crowd that likes BTB, and the Halo PC crowd that likes race and messing around on Blood Gulch and Death Island. A homogenized 4v4 playlist doesn't satisfy any of them. And considering how many other homogenized, cookie-cutter 4v4/5v5 playlists there are in this collection made with the casual fan in mind... ugh. It's just not a good decision on their part.

Bravo said earlier in this thread that the settings used for the CE playlist will be the settings the comp community has been playing. Not sure if radar on/off though, I would sadly assume it will be on. :(

Huge fan of them here. Hoping they make a return, knowing the people I do now, it should make for some great banter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bravo said earlier in this thread that the settings used for the CE playlist will be the settings the comp community has been playing. Not sure if radar on/off though, I would sadly assume it will be on. :(

Radar will be on. Wouldn't want to alienate those newbies.