CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

HCE 2v2 customs, that is all.  Playlists will be used primarily for warming up.  HCE 4v4 and btb is still fun as hell tho

343 apologists are in full effect today.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Team Slayer - Yes

BigTeamBattle - Yes

Team Hardcore - Yes

/ i feel like dubs would have been much better then swat as a weekend playlist

So is every playlist but 1 Ranked in this bad boy or what ?

Yes. Halo 2 Anniversary Social is the only unranked playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, wait... Are you telling me that we have to vote between Halo 2 and Halol 3 in the hardcore playlist? Or can I choose what game I want to play within the playlist before searching? If we have to vote between them this is just ridiculous.

Also, why is there a social playlist? Didn't they say something about how they weren't going to be doing this kind of stuff? This playlist alone is going to have like 60+% of the H2A population. This doesn't make any sense...

So, wait... Are you telling me that we have to vote between Halo 2 and Halol 3 in the hardcore playlist? Or can I choose what game I want to play within the playlist before searching? If we have to vote between them this is just ridiculous.

the playlist will have halo 2 and halo 3 mlg gametypes...and you will have to vote between the gametypes...you won't be able to search for a specific game in the playlist...

the playlist will have halo 2 and halo 3 mlg gametypes...and you will have to vote between the gametypes...you won't be able to search for a specific game in the playlist...

Disgusting! I can still play that trash game now, its awful, we just want to play H2. I fear that H3 will get voted like 80% of the time by all the scrubs. If that weren't the case that would be fine, but I highly doubt H2 will see that much light. I really hope they keep track of the weight of the two games, and realize it needs separate playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I feel like team hardcore shouldn't be a playlist and that hardcore options should be votable in both the h2 and h3 4v4 playlists. The competitive playlist should be halo esports. This would free up some room for 2v2.

Currently:

H3 4v4

H2 4v4

H2&3 hardcore 4v4

Should be

h2 4v4 (with hardcore)

H3 4v4 (with hardcore)

I know a lot of people around here won't agree with me on this but I think it's the right way to manage it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 apologists are in full effect today.

Lol that's not at all what I am, I just don't think bitching and moaning is going to solve anything.  Am i disappointed that there's not a 2v2 playlist YET, sure.  But I'm focused on the next best thing, which is customs.

Pretty misleading to talk about toggling graphics while showing multiplayer, don't ya think?

Why would he say any of this stuff, in June, if they knew it would be nothing like this.

And to be clear I wasn't expecting any of this stuff to be true, but I'm just trying to illustrate the point that 343 will say anything as long as they think it'll help sell copies. They knew that a lot of people would be watching e3 for halo stuff, and that a lot of the people who would be watching that day will not stay up to date on MCC info until they go out and buy the game. 

So my point being in all of this, they were never going to make Halo 2 Anniversary as close as possible to the original H2 multiplayer, they just wanted people to think that. So if you were surprised that ball throwing is making an appearance, you're a sucker.

First of all, I never thought that 343i was "going to make Halo 2 Anniversary as close as possible to the original H2 multiplayer." It was pretty clear to me from the start that H2A and H2C were going to be two distinctly different entities. While I could see how you might view 343i's E3 press conference as "misleading," there were plenty of subsequent articles and interviews that made the distinction between the two versions of H2 clear. 

I also understand your point that many people have not kept track as additional information about the MCC was released. However, most members on this website (~90%+) have followed announcements regarding the collection closely. So the negative reactions that you are seeing to H2A's oddball mechanics are coming from a well informed community.

I would argue that the negative reactions you are seeing to H2A's oddball mechanics are because there is an underlying hope that after 343i failed with H4, that they now understand what makes a good Halo game. When people see questionable mechanics in H2A, not only do they fear the negative impact that those mechanics will have on H2A, but they also fear that similar mechanics might also be included in H5.

I don't think anyone is "surprised" that such a questionable mechanic is included with H2A because they thought that H2A was supposed to be like H2C. Instead, I think they are just frustrated and disappointed by its apparent inclusion. Similar to how much of this community was disappointed when we learned that screen shake, and grenade hitmarkers also appeared to be part of the game.

I just don't think bitching and moaning is going to solve anything. 

how do you think all those changes to halo 4 came about....by saying "oh well" and moving on?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will all H2 playlist be smg starts other then Hardcore and eSports / ie BTB and Slayer ??

(i hope not)

Sorry about all the questions but i just got home and dont want to look back 20 or so pages

Lol that's not at all what I am, I just don't think bitching and moaning is going to solve anything.  Am i disappointed that there's not a 2v2 playlist YET, sure.  But I'm focused on the next best thing, which is customs.

One of the ways that 343i is going to decide what changes they will make to MCC's playlists is going to be based of of community feedback. There is no reason that anyone should sit around and pretend that they are fine with the announced playlists, if they have legit problems/concerns with how they are currently constructed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will all H2 playlist be smg starts other then Hardcore and eSports / ie BTB and Slayer ??

(i hope not)

Sorry about all the questions but i just got home and dont want to look back 20 or so pages

Yeah bravo said depending on the map you can spawn with a br or SMG, so expect to have a SMG on any small map in the h2c dedicated playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

how do you think all those changes to halo 4 came about....by saying "oh well" and moving on?

I wouldn't know anything about the bitching and moaning that went on for h4 and I don't care, but a playlist can be added EASILY by 343 at any time, it's not that big of a deal

Me, i don't wanna play H3 alongside H2.

Can I have the option of only playing Halo 2 in THC AND never getting matched against you? Would be fantastic.

Me, i don't wanna play H3 alongside H2.

Just thinking about it, the eSports playlist might feature H2C only for the first bit of the game since the first two LAN tourneys after release are H2C.

Makes sinces to me at least, I'm probably wrong on how that playlist will work though.

I just hope customs are also on dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have been saying this since I learned about MCC. Customs being on dedicated servers is an important feature for so many different reasons, so I really hope that this is the case.

Except the best game and gametype won't be in those playlists. Not very hardcore.

With less than 1% of the population frequenting the hardcore playlists, would it honestly matter?

Disgusting! I can still play that trash game now, its awful, we just want to play H2. I fear that H3 will get voted like 80% of the time by all the scrubs. If that weren't the case that would be fine, but I highly doubt H2 will see that much light. I really hope they keep track of the weight of the two games, and realize it needs separate playlists.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. A lot of people don't realize or want to remember that the Halo 3 BR was only made even remotely bearable on LAN. Dedicated servers aren't anything like LAN, and only marginally better than XBL. Anybody that has played H2V can attest to that.

With less than 1% of the population frequenting the hardcore playlists, would it honestly matter?

let's just remove the hardcore playlists then.....eSports too...

c'mon son..

this...I really hope it's dedis...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, they handled Halo 4 very well in the playlist choices. Shame about the lack of CE 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 1