CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Except one thing: "Team Hardcore" should be CE + 2, not 2 + 3. I understand the inclusion of 3, because it was HUGE during the MLG days. But still, if it has to only be 2 games, it should be CE & 2. Failing that, CE + 2 + 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait, in the Beyond article, it says that the rotational playlists are weekly...

If the next playlist after SWAT is CE Doubles... that means the playlists will come after a week and not months? 

Yes - weekly rotationals and consistent and common updates.

Yes - weekly rotationals and consistent and common updates.

Then some people are misunderstanding the term Rotational. Some people truly think it'll take months before CE Doubles comes out.

It could happen the week after, who knows.

All the button glitches work, even RRX. You need to limit your fps at 60 otherwise double-shotting will be inconsistent (not limiting it can also mess up your movement speed I've noticed). Also, you have to do the combo about 2x faster since the BR's firing logic code is mostly based around the amount of frames passed, not time. It takes some practice and getting used-to, so just keep at it. I got it down pretty quickly, but granted I was already really good at DS'ing/Quading on xbox. Also, the only things I've noticed where H2V differs from the xbox version is that the spawns are weird (at least on Midship FFA), the FOV is narrower due to the camera being moved more forward, which made melees really awkward and made movement feel slower (It's just an illusion), the hit detection is crappier with blanks happening very frequently (at least for me), and certain weapons fire a lot faster because of the 60fps, which isn't a problem in my opinion since it makes you have to react faster to line up your next shot if the enemy has strafed out of your reticule.

Then some people are misunderstanding the term Rotational. Some people truly think it'll take months before CE Doubles comes out.

It could happen the week after, who knows.

Halo 4 swapped them out weekly for months until they started doing bi-weekly updates. We're good.

I hope the voting option is more like Halo 3 and not the games after it....you get one vote and if it's a tie a map/gametype combo is randomly chosen...

so 4 playlists dedicated to H2a?

this is some bullshit...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two H2A Team Slayer playlists is silly. A 4v4 and a 5v5 playlists for 6 maps? C'mon...

Edit: Realized that the 5v5 is objective. Makes it better, but I still think it's a waste of a playlists spot

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will customs have dedicated servers? I doubt it, thanks for the awesome suggestion though. Sorry I have an opinion that you guys don't like, I'm thoroughly conditioned to be disappointed by CE remakes so this isn't anything new.

• Upvote (+1) 3

IGN Article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/halo-the-master-chief-collections-launch-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

So the day one playlists for MCC have been revealed and I am generally happy with how it turned out. I wonder what the Halo eSports playlist will contain. Wether it will only be H2A is a mystery to my knowledge. One thing that I'm upset about is that there is no set in stone Team Doubles playlist. I feel like doubles is one of the really popular and most fun playlist there is to play in halo (I'm probably being biased lol). Towards the end of the article it is stated that we should not worry because Team Doubles will be in the rotational playlist, but I don't think that is right. I believe that doubles should be a permanent playlist.

Well that's my opinion and I am really happy how the playlists turned out. What do you guys think?

IGN Article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/09/halo-the-master-chief-collections-launch-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

So the launch day playlists for MCC have been revealed and I am generally happy with how it turned out. I wonder what the Halo eSports playlist will contain. Wether it will only be H2A is a mystery to my knowledge. One thing that I'm upset about is that there is no set in stone Team Doubles playlist. I feel like doubles is one of the really popular and most fun playlist there is to play in halo (I'm probably being biased lol). Towards the end of the article it is stated that we should not worry because Team Doubles will be in the rotational playlist, but I don't think that is right. I believe that doubles should be a permanent playlist.

Well that's my opinion and I am really happy how the playlists turned out. What do you guys think?

Overall, I'm happy. I mostly play BTB but I think the 2 highly competitive playlists might be enough to get me playing 4's on a consistent basis again. Can't wait to play some competitive H2 again :)

This deserves its own thread. Overall, I think it's a great day-1 hopper. Hardcore will be fun and the e-sports playlists will be interesting.

Doubles soon after launch or riot

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regarding glitches, it seems like grenade reloading also works less often than on Xbox.  Carbine is also OP in Vista, radar doesn't work the same, and spawns seem to be really messed up to me.

Some people only press LX when reloading, try LXX and limiting your fps to 60. Grenade reloading works every time for me.

Coachmayne prediction: eSports playlist will be exclusively h2a

Also I'm willing to bet the h4 playlist doesn't last a month

• Upvote (+1) 4

Next rotational needs to be 2v2 or riot.

Swat is VERY popular....very....not sure how they will approach to changing it after the first week (if they change it at all)...2v2 and swat should have dedicated playlists.....action sack/grifball/other silly shit should be rotational...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now that we no the starting playlists what's the first playlist you're gonna go for your 50 in?

For me it's probably gonna be Team Halo 2 Anniversary or if the eSports playlist is H2A then I'll go with that.

If Classic Halo 2 Team is BR starts then I'll probably go for that second. 

I wonder what maps they will use for Halo 3 hardcore, since Amplified and Onslaught aren't in.

I can see all of these as possible contenders:

The Pit

Guardian

Construct

Narrows

Heretic

Blackout

Citadel

Assembly

Cold Storage

Foundry

Also, wouldn't be hard to reforge those maps.

CE Noob here asking a question for CE vets.

What are the "universal" settings that Bravo is talking about?