CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The issue isn't finding two more friends for 4v4s, it's just that the game plays better when played 2v2.

Right- which is why I was suggesting that people who care about running 2's in Halo: CE probably know 3 guys that they can play 2v2 customs with. Y'know... one to be on their team and two for the other team? Maybe we have our lines crossed. I think I might misunderstand you or vice versa.

Why you may not care, I won't play H2A at all if it's not being used in tournaments, thus I couldn't care less how ball throwing works in this game. A lesser version of h2 has no appeal to me if there is no reason to play it.

Then please, stop saying "we". Some of us want H2A to be good, not just an excuse to use Halo 2 Classic or Halo CE in competitive tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right- which is why I was suggesting that people who care about running 2's in Halo: CE probably know 3 guys that they can play 2v2 customs with. Y'know... one to be on their team and two for the other team? Maybe we have our lines crossed. I think I might misunderstand you or vice versa.

I completely misread that post. Apologies. 

Either way, moving into customs isn't exactly ideal either. After playing the same people over and over, games get pretty stale. Matchmaking helps this hugely, especially with a ranking system.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since @@Bravo only mentioned competitive ce playlist not being included day 1 this gives me reason to believe there will be a h2 competitive playlist

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely misread that post. Apologies.

Either way, moving into customs isn't exactly ideal either. After playing the same people over and over, games get pretty stale. Matchmaking helps this hugely, especially with a ranking system.

Completely agree; it's not ideal in the slightest and would be awesome to have as a ranked playlist on launch day.

I dont even want to read the bulletin today, I'm very much scared of what I might actually read there.

Chuck Norris  help us all.

I dont even want to read the bulletin today, I'm very much scared of what I might actually read there.

Chuck Norris  help us all.

Nothing bad really. The medal chest is pretty cool.

Regarding glitches, it seems like grenade reloading also works less often than on Xbox.  Carbine is also OP in Vista, radar doesn't work the same, and spawns seem to be really messed up to me.

And you sir are exactly right. The game isn't the same if anyone has played the fuck out of both of these versions you know that these are 2 different games. What also makes your opinion even more valid is that you play Vista.

It's just harder to do the glitches because the frames are different. We shouldn't complain about something being hard, that's what makes skillgap. I'm not saying OG h2 was easy, but if you make it harder... that only adds to it. 

Go back and read the OP it doesn't work. how hard can it be to press LLX, RRX

they said it on the day of e3 lol.

also op pretty much sums up my thoughts about h2v.

Why thank you lets cross our fingers.

I can't believe how many of you are shocked that they would put something like throwing the oddball into H2a  :lol:  

I mean this is a company that comes out at E3 this year and says:

" Now Halo 2's multiplayer was special for a lot of reasons, and we wanted to keep that en-tact. So Halo 2 anniversary will contain the original Halo 2 multiplayer, EXACTLY AS IT SHIPPED 10 YEARS AGO " 

And we all know that statement hasn't been true for a long ass time. Sure we got Halo 2 Classic packaged into MCC ( which is awesome ) but I think it's safe to say they implied Halo 2 original gameplay with updated graphics and a graphics toggle mode.

Edit: Actually after watching some video they actually mentioned the 'switch back to original graphics at a touch of a button' thing. 

With all respect GrizzlyAtoms, I think you are mixing up exactly what 343i said that they would deliver with MCC.

If you read the quote you provided, it says "Halo 2 Anniversary will contain the original Halo 2 multiplayer, exactly as it shipped 10 years ago." What this means is that MCC will have the original version of H2 on the disk, the same version that was released 10 years ago. Until we actually see some gameplay of H2C, I will take 343i at their word, and trust they are going to live up to this promise.

The graphics toggle mode that you mentioned in your post refers to the ability to toggle between graphics engines in SINGLE Player, not in multiplayer. 343i never once mentioned a graphics toggle option in multiplayer.

It has long been understood that H2C and H2A are going to be distinctly different entities. I can understand your confusion, but think about it this way. IF H2A was supposed to be a "clone" of H2C, then why doesn't H2A have all the maps that H2C does?

As far as the topic of this thread, I doesn't surprise me that the ability to throw the oddball appears to have made it's way into H2A. H2A is essentially 343i's "modern" take on what H2C would have been.

Having said that, I agree with most of the people in this thread who think that the ability to the throw the oddball in H4 was a terrible edition to Halo. Hopefully you won't be able to throw the oddball nearly as far in H2A as you could in H4. So far I think it's hard to tell from the videos how far the ball can be thrown. The ability to toggle this option would be nice, but the more things that have to be toggled off to make the game playable hurt it's competitive viability.

Glitches are affected in vista by how well the game is being run by your computer. Vsync? Good enough specs? Some other random drivers or setting you need?

One weird thing i have to do is go into a map and into windowed mode for it to run normally; where glitches and aiming work exactly like they do on xbox. If I don't go into windowed at least once during the game instance, glitches are impossible to pull off and aiming feels like h3, which suggests a compatibility issue causing the game to run incorrectly.

Everything will be fine on xbo

I've tried everything on vista v-sync on v-sync off v-sync application settings v-sync adaptive

But I will take your word and try out these methods later on, my pc is for sure good enough to run h2 correctly

It's not going to be based off PC version.

They've said superbouncing will be in, with slight changes due to extra FPS & pixels. Superbouncing was completely removed from H2V. We're good  :Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are not getting halo 2 vista. We are also not getting halo 1 pc. Would people please calm down. Play Halo CE Anniversary campaign and tell me that does not feel like Xbox version with a shittier controller. 343i knows that we want the console version and they are doing their best to make it'll feel like the games we know and love. They are using PC code for some stuff as it saves a lot of time, they are still punching it with as much console code as is necessary to make it feel like the original. Heck they are even trying to make sure that they don't fix bugs/create new ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully custom games will be played on dedicated servers, because that would be a nice bridge until a 2v2 H:CE playlist is added. I agree with MOA that playing the same group of people over and does get stale. However, I imagine that there is going to be a pretty sizable group of players looking for H:CE customs, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

I know that I'll be one of the players looking for H:CE 2v2s come November 11th.

Nothing bad really. The medal chest is pretty cool.

So nothing on playlists  etc etc ?  Somewhat relief...still scared, 1 month away and we know NOTHING about CE (or H2C for all that it matters)

So nothing on playlists  etc etc ?  Somewhat relief...still scared, 1 month away and we know NOTHING about CE (or H2C for all that it matters)

Playlists are coming today.

Does anyone still find this all to be so surreal? Like, the idea of playing H1 on XBL, in any capacity, is bananas. It just better not suck. 

Thanks for the info Bravo. 4v4 Dere CTF it is

• Upvote (+1) 5

Info

Thank you. Coming on here and posting that is something bungie would have almost never done. I think I saw them post on another communities forum outside of neogaf like 4 times in almost a decade.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yall wanna hear something funny?

I wish you could trade in your 360 and like 5 games to get the xbox one for $100.

must not let peasantry become my Dark Passenger

Go back and read the OP it doesn't work. how hard can it be to press LLX, RRX

Except that it does work.

It's not going to be based off PC version.

They've said superbouncing will be in, with slight changes due to extra FPS & pixels. Superbouncing was completely removed from H2V. We're good  :Halo:

When did they announce that? last time I checked they couldn't because of the pixels and FPS.