CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No ign changed what they said about the maps. Now they are saying they are using PC maps over console maps. I would assume the gameplay will be the same as PC. Hopefully not though.

Forgive me if im wrong. Im in class right now and using my phone.

No ign changed what they said about the maps. Now they are saying they are using PC maps over console maps. I would assume the gameplay will be the same as PC. Hopefully not though.

Forgive me if im wrong. Im in class right now and using my phone.

That would blow. If they did base gameplay on PC, I hope they would have been able to tweak CE enough to feel like it was on OG Xbox.

There were minimal complaints about medals before Halo 4. Anyone saying that H2, H3, and Reach medals weren't generally liked are lying. This who "they don't need to exist" argument didn't exists before Halo 4. We need our old medals back. The new ones are getting people to hate medals in general, they're that bad.

People did complain about the medals in Reach? And for a good reason, almost was as bad as Halo 4 with the medal to kill ratio. In H2/H3 you could finish the match without a medal pretty easily and most of the time have very few. In Reach's Halocharts, or whatever the stat tracking website was at the time when I looked at this, there were 2.1 billion kills total with around 3 billion medals, so obviously over 1 medal per kill. In Halo 4 you didn't even have to move/get a kill because they gave out a "distraction" one..

I hope they get rid of revenge/avenger/distraction and all that rubbish, keep the assist medal, keep the "spree medals" (assist spree, sniper spree, shotgun spree etc) and go back not giving a normal headshot medal/generic kill medal, those don't need one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMFAO.....yea...yall can fun with that...smh....terrible...oddball is one of my fav. gametypes...why would they keep ruining it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope so man.

I don't think it would be that hard to use OG CE aim assist, magnitisim, aim acceleration ect. even if it was based of PC code. Can't really tell that from gameplay videos so we probably won't know until release. I am hoping the testers/pros wouldn't let it ship feeling like ass though.

Oh god! More gametypes! The horror!

Because of throwing the ball is a standard mechanic then oddball is ruined to accommodate ricochet which is terrible.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Because of throwing the ball is a standard mechanic then oddball is ruined to accommodate ricochet which is terrible.

We don't know if its a standard mechanic in Oddball. Could be that they ported Oddball over, kept it in until they split it off for Ricochet and haven't removed it for this build.

We literally won't know until someone from 343 comes out and says something.

50secs in "ball thrown". hope we can disable it otherwise it's going to make oddball a broken gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We literally won't know until someone from 343 comes out and says something.

It's suspicious as hell, we have to wait for more information or more gameplay. 

Let's go and Spam Bravo  :kappa:

EDIT: Oh... maybe Ball Thrown is used when the player drops the ball on purpose. I used Sony Vegas to see the clip frame-by-frame and honestly, the guy is not even close to do something like throwing, but instead dropped it before he died, specially the guy in the lift... he dropped, he died and the ball went up because of the lift. That's my theory.

It's not 32 seconds in, it's 51 seconds in.

And that's definitely not a "he dropped it as he got killed" scenario. The announcer even confirms it by saying "ball thrown", which is different from "enemy team dropped the ball".

As long as it's toggled and as long as there's a "classic ball" variant in matchmaking, I'm okay with it.

At the 50 second mark, i'm just going to assume that the lift carried the ball. But if it's in.... 343 has managed to not get a single original obj gametype right since their inception :( The objective gametypes are primarily the reason why I couldn't stand Halo 4. 

The announcer says "BALL THROWN", how does nobody notice that? Or rather, how did it go this long with people questioning it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, at least it could be a placeholder right? Right???

Yeh, I'm just hoping a lot of what I'm seeing in H2A gameplay are just place holders.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure why you're still so active here. You do realize that Halo is the flagship franchise for the Xbox, and that the majority of people on this site are into Halo, and not tech spec pissing contests? 343i currently has no plans to release MCC for PC, so since we're all here for Halo, you're not going to convert any of us to PC since MCC isn't going to be on PC anytime in the near future. You're pissing into the wind.

1st off, MCC will make its way to PC eventually so ain't no one worried about that. Secondly, I fail to see how any of this has to do with H2A MP being potentially unsuitable for competitive play due to hardware limitations.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I don't mind throwing the ball- However, i don't think Master chief should have an arm like Randy Johnson. 

A player should only be able to throw the ball a quarter of the map. 

7'2" SuperSoldier can't throw a skull more than a quarter of the map?

Better be a Halo 4-sized map then, otherwise #GovernmentMoneyWasted #HumanRaceIsDoomed

1st off, MCC will make its way to PC eventually so ain't no one worried about that. Secondly, I fail to see how any of this has to do with H2A MP being potentially unsuitable for competitive play due to hardware limitations.

Still waiting for Red Dead Redemption PC and Halo 3 PC I see?

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL @ "unsuitable for competitive play." :salt:

We're talking strictly about the H2A campaign resolution. Are you going to play the story mode competitively?

Everything else in the package is true 1080p/60 fps on dedis. Shit dude, we used to play CE competitively on 480p screens at 30 frames.

Now you're just making yourself look foolish.

Because (are you ready?) nobody fucking cares about the "hardware limitations" because H2A campaign is the only thing not running at native 1080p, and EVERYTHING RUNS AT 60FPS.

Now shut the fuck up about it.

Still waiting for Red Dead Redemption PC and Halo 3 PC I see?

Couldn't hear you over MGS V, Final Fantasy, Ryse Son Of Rome, Tekken 7, DRAGON BALL Z and GTA V etc etc etc coming to PC

...and obviously MCC soon

;*

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah. It pretty much killed Oddball as a competitive gametype in Halo 4. It was just so abused. It is totally a cool option for customs and something like Grifball/Ricochet but it really needed a toggle.

As for your question about picking it up manually - that's default. Halo 4 actually had it as a custom game option. 

He throws the ball moments before he dies. If you want to see what its like when someone drops the ball while dying, looking at 30 seconds. He just dies and the announcer doesn't say a word.

Just before he gets shot and killed, the HUD widget quickly switches from "KILL" to "0:30".

4Frb6WV.png

x6lxnPY.png

I didn't catch any difference when I watched it. I just slowed down the speed and was able to catch what you are saying. If it was a momentum based death it would be fine with me but I can't get a good feel of just how far that would have gone without the ramp blocking it. The distance looked okay to me.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought you could get H2 oddball to go PRETTY far. Not ricochet launching but after you drop it you can melee it quite far, and farther than what this example gave.

Yeh, I'm just hoping a lot of what I'm seeing in H2A gameplay are just place holders.

with it a month away? its highly unlikely that they will still be using place holders at this stage, they should have all the assets sorted out by now and just fixing the last bugs before it goes gold.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL, Halo hasn't been on PC for nearly a decade and 4 titles (5 now) and this kid still thinks it's going to happen "soon"  :lol:

And uses a bunch of other non-Halo titles as example of why... DOUBLE  :lol: