CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Looks like its will be running a 1328x1080.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/478358/halo-2-anniversary-campaign-wont-run-at-1080p-natively/

He went on: "So in the last weeks of development, our teams were able to meet a stretch goal and the campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary now runs 60 fps at a crisp resolution of 1328x1080, which is a significant and meaningful boost in image quality we think fans are really going to appreciate. All of the other games across the entire package of The Master Chief Collection run 60 fps at 1920x1080 native."

The drop in resolution to 1328x1080 means that, while the vertical resolution remains identical to a full 1080p image, the horizontal pixel count is paired back by just over 30 per cent, and then likely upscaled to 1080p to fit the full 1080p resolution of an HD display.

This is disappointing, hopefully Halo 5 will be at least be able to achieve 1080p 60fps. Xbox hardware really isnt all the great...

Also look at this fail the MCC website page changed its "1080p and 60fps" claim to "xbox one visual fidelity and 60fps" LOL what a shitty cover up. Xbox one visual fidelity my ass.

Don't care about campaign resolution that I might play through once.

I'm more than content with today's video, considering it's only day 2.

It was good to see H3 in action, both campaign and multiplayer, at 1080p/60fps.

And finally seeing in-game action on the new Blood Gulch remake ("Bloodline" isn't a half bad name, if different in meaning) was also nice.

And in all honesty, as much as I dislike Halo 4's multiplayer, I rather enjoyed the campaign, so it was nice to see that in the new resolution and frame rate as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please do. It's the very first thing I noticed about the map and it just doesn't look right as far as I'm concerned. I'm not happy with the trend towards making everything in Halo feel like it's happening in a really bright, clear sky environment. I personally care about the art choices of maps as much as I do about layout, and one of the things I loved about that map (and old Halo in general) was the dark, gloomy, mysterious, alien feel to it. But that magic is no longer there when they make everything bright and sunshiney.

Thankfully, they did Warlord exactly as I think Halo should be. It broke away from the terrible trend of stripping away the dark character of the older maps and actually enhanced that character.

It was tweeted minutes after I posted that lol.

I included Certain Affinity, Max Hoberman and Frank O'Connor on the tweet as well, just for good measure. I agree that the look of things matters a great deal, especially since that is the main attraction of this collection (aside from having all games on 1 disc, of course).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also don't mind that H2A campaign isn't exactly "true 1080p". It looks nice and crisp, and the visuals are beautiful. And as long as it's 60fps, the extra bit of resolution is the least of my worries.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was tweeted minutes after I posted that lol.

I included Certain Affinity, Max Hoberman and Frank O'Connor on the tweet as well, just for good measure. I agree that the look of things matters a great deal, especially since that is the main attraction of this collection (aside from having all games on 1 disc, of course).

I feel like their greatest issue is coming to terms with the fact that brown/grey+washed out =/= dark. Everything looks faded and washed out from Reach until just recently with the H2A maps doing the exact opposite. It's like they either have to do "super bright sunshine happy day" or washed out brown/grey with no in between. They can do dark and still have color lol

It could be 1,8p I wouldn't care. :kappa:

Seriously though I don't really care it looks so sweet as it is.

Uh, so if H2A campaign is 4:3 resolution, are they increasing or reducing the H2A multiplayer FOV?

history says reducing....

16:9 has always had higher single player fov

Uh, so if H2A campaign is 4:3 resolution, are they increasing or reducing the H2A multiplayer FOV?

The reason the H2A campaign is not able to achieve 1080p resolution, is because there are two graphics engines simultaneously. Because that will not be the case with the multiplayer, I would hope the FOV will not be reduced.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never understood the resolution wars. I could care less if its 480p or 1440p, as long as it is a fun and engaging game thats all I care about.

history says reducing....

16:9 has always had higher single player fov

They are stretching to 16:9. Aspect ratio and FOV can be adjusted independently, so they can keep the same FOV if they choose to.

I wanna see some in depth look at stat tracking as random as it sounds. I hope they take the shot % stat a step further in H2A and track it for the lifetime of the tag.

I never understood the resolution wars. I could care less if its 480p or 1440p, as long as it is a fun and engaging game thats all I care about.

Its about pushing standards. On the PC side 1440p 60fps and 4k( 2160p ) 60fps are soon becoming the norm. Why is the Xbox constantly putting out sub 1080p game with less than 60fps avg... Its 2014. 

Also AMD Free Sync and Nvidia G-Sync are going to dominate the market soon which virtually make any framerate abouve 30fps even smoother than it actually is. 

If standards arent pushed, things get left behind pretty quick.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nearly 100 unique medals? That probably means there's less than that which is actually not that bad considering Reach had over 100. I consider Reach having the maximum number of medals any game should have. Anything less than that is ideal. Anything over that is pointless(Halo 4).

EDIT: Of course, CE is OG Halo. And even though it's the most complex, it doesn't have the most ways to kill or the most in game things to do. So it could still be too much. Other games had a shit ton of gametypes and weapons which added to the medal count. Guess we'll see. If it's not up to snuff, we'll be able to turn it off so that's good.

Its about pushing standards. On the PC side 1440p 60fps and 4k( 2160p ) 60fps are soon becoming the norm. Why is the Xbox constantly putting out sub 1080p game with less than 60fps avg... Its 2014. 

Also AMD Free Sync and Nvidia G-Sync are going to dominate the market soon which virtually make any framerate abouve 30fps even smoother than it actually is. 

If standards arent pushed, things get left behind pretty quick.

Computers are far more expensive to build to handle those types of games, as to the xbox one being pricy, but it all comes with it. It's a console, not a computer. I'm not very into computers, but I know they're expensive. I built my own.

Anyway, for a console it's great. 60fps is going to run much more smooth than they games we played originally on the xbox and xbox 360. So what if 1 of the 4 games isn't complete 100% HD because you can swap from classic to new graphics. Totally a deal breaker, I'm definitely not buying it now...

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are stretching to 16:9. Aspect ratio and FOV can be adjusted independently, so they can keep the same FOV if they choose to.

they could..

but halo cea campaign,2,3,r and maybe 4(never bothered looking into it) have higher fovs on 16:9 than 4:3 for whatever reason

Incorrect, they had an impact. They were unique to Halo, it was awesome to hear Killtacular/Overkill when you made a sick play then see them at the end of the game in the post game lobby, it was cool to hear "Running Riot!" and know you're on a good spree.

They were unique, satisfying and fun. Now they are just more useless information thrown in our faces, now they have no impact, in Halo 2/3 to some degree Reach, they were a cool little addition that only Halo had. I miss proper medals, not this useless information overload shit that apparently is the trend.

Actually I am not incorrect. 

Doesn't matter how "fun" or "satisfying" you think it is the FACT remains medals does not have an impact on gameplay. They were add-ons that didn't even need to exist in the first place.