CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On-map camo pickup: Confirmed!

Also, new medal for killing someone who's cloaked: "I See You"

...cause Halo needed MORE medals after Halo 4  :kappa:

It's Ironic kind of.

In Destiny if you kill a player with camo the medal is "I See You" 

accessibility.  have to dumb things down to allow those casual players to compete.

Could you not? I understand that classic Halo is the most balanced but if you look at the way 343 are handling things now you will see that they're working towards a new, balanced experience for both the competitive and casual audience. With all the implementations so far everything is fair and still works the way it should. Give it a break. I don't want to live in the past and the way I see it this game seems to be more than a just an anniversary but a successor to classic Halo, apart from small tweaks. 

This might be the first time in a long time that Halo is fun and balanced again, and hell that's good enough for me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd be willing to bet all those new jump ups are forge pieces and can be removed in a few seconds. So far that is the trend in all the maps they have shown.

Don't take this personally, but "it can be removed in Forge" doesn't cut it for me. It's what we'll have to deal with in Matchmaking and it's just another thing that the competitive community will remove, therefore further distancing ourselves from the casual players.

Honestly that piece does looks like it can be forged.

The map looks amazing imo. I don't care though I'll enjoy it either. People are just complaining to complain. 

How am I complaining just to complain? I already said the map looks gorgeous, but there is a lot more to a great halo map than pure aesthetics. 

I truly care about the success of Halo. It's hard for me to see that their level designers feel the need to add all this extra shit into the maps though. Especially when it will effects gameplay. 

I'm really afraid those jump ups on the side of plats are going to mess with the overall flow and feel of the map. Hopefully they can be removed through forge.

flag runs seem so easy now. if we forge a crate onto those ledges then we can take out those jump ups.

I'm really afraid those jump ups on the side of plats are going to mess with the overall flow and feel of the map. Hopefully they can be removed through forge.

I reckon we should just give it a try before we diss it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do they insist on adding jump ups to every h2 map

Kinda ruins the flow

To be fair, Warlock is a map where you can easily get a train run on you if you totally lose top control.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me a medal when I deserve a medal. Not because I got a kill with a noob weapon.

And I am asking you... Why does it matter?

I understand complaining about a jump and hitmarkers but medals? Really medals?

I don't think removing things like jump ups in forge is going to cause that huge of a distance from casual players. Warlock is a great map, but the lack of ways to get up without making yourself very vulnerable on the ramps is probably a turn off for a lot of casual players. 

Obviously I understand why they will probably compromise the map in competitive play which is why i would imagine they will be removeable.

Things that are real problems when talking about casual vs competitive: settings being changed, fully forged maps that are not in MM, entirely different weapon sets, etc.

And I am asking you... Why does it matter?

I understand complaining about a jump and hitmarkers but medals? Really medals?

Might seem silly to some, which I understand. I just prefer Halo 2 and 3 medals over medals for everything in Reach and 4. Just a matter of preference, honestly. I realize it doesn't affect the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Makes me curious of there will be an "arena" mode for H2A. Which will be all the competitive maps with removed pieces and all that. 

How am I complaining just to complain? I already said the map looks gorgeous, but there is a lot more to a great halo map than pure aesthetics. 

I truly care about the success of Halo. It's hard for me to see that their level designers feel the need to add all this extra shit into the maps though. Especially when it will effects gameplay. 

I mean it's like come on. We are getting a lot here. You can still play Halo 2 classic. And the pieces can probably be removed. 

If they can't be removed then I can understand complaining about it. In playlist that don't have it removed it may be different or annoying. I don't know but I think the map looks good imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should have just left it the way warlock was in h2. Just made it prettier to please the casuals. I would prefer no noise from the air jumps though. 

I always thought it would have been fun to have a sniper rifle bottom mid. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed the grenade hit markers are still in the game, unless that was a older build somehow. 

But on a better note, I didn't see the useless "Generic Kill" medal or a "Comeback Kill" medal. I guess those are positives at least. 

Could you not? I understand that classic Halo is the most balanced but if you look at the way 343 are handling things now you will see that they're working towards a new, balanced experience for both the competitive and casual audience. With all the implementations so far everything is fair and still works the way it should. Give it a break. I don't want to live in the past and the way I see it this game seems to be more than a just an anniversary but a successor to classic Halo, apart from small tweaks. 

This might be the first time in a long time that Halo is fun and balanced again, and hell that's good enough for me. 

to be fair, most of H2A is out sourced to 3rd party companies while 343i focus on h5. we don't really know what 343i are up to until we see the h5 beta.

the company working on H2A maps is certain affinity which also happens to have a deep history of focusing on aesthetics over gameplay and trying to make maps as accessible as possible. it's only when 343i made maps in house did we actually get something that was fun and balanced.

I'm no casual, but the visuals in today's video were incredible. Truly next-gen look to it. I can admire beautiful scenery so long as it doesn't completely change the game.

D950D87E-0307-440C-83D9-9419B2FE9E8F_zps

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get what they were going for, but it was a bit overkill to add both a jump up to base that also jumps to plat and a front plat jump up. They overreached. One set has potential, depending where you put them. Two sets is a clusterfuck.

to be fair, most of H2A is out sourced to 3rd party companies while 343i focus on h5. we don't really know what 343i are up to until we see the h5 beta.

the company working on H2A maps is certain affinity which also happens to have a deep history of focusing on aesthetics over gameplay and trying to make maps as accessible as possible. it's only when 343i made maps in house did we actually get something that was fun and balanced.

I can understand that but I want to give this a chance, we can't be too skeptical and we can't be too eagerly critical. 

I can understand that but I want to give this a chance, we can't be too skeptical and we can't be too eagerly critical. 

it's better to be sceptical then blindly optimistic.

I believe these jump ups were created for SMG starts. They make sense if you think about it like that. In Halo 2, the team that gets top control and gets a few BRs wins 95% of the time by a landslide even if the teams are equal. These jump ups give players that spawn in with SMGs a little more of a fight.

As a seperate thought I cant wait until I'm searching in Team Slayer(with all the games) and have the following voting options

Team Slayer on Wizard

Team Slayer on Warlock

Team Slayer on Warlord

Same can be said for Zanzibar and Blood Gultch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This isn't the place to talk about pyramid schemes and all that shit. Keep it to PMs.

ManSweeping.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6