CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Everybody bitching and moaning then we find out they're hyping up everything for the next month. 

We all know how shit Halo has been over the years, but if you calm down and be patient you guys will have less anxiety problems....seriously....

Hindsight 20/20

And can you really blame us? 343 really fucked up with the Halo 4 news and when Frankie told us we would be getting CE info last month and it never came (yesterday's Bulletin was bs), then we had every reason to get a little worried.

Regardless, the IGN thing is dope. Looking forward to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah...all of our complaints were justified....you wouldn't have thought made this post if it wasn't for this IGN announcement.

I haven't been complaining because there has been nothing to complain about. 

And if you really think that 343 is going to only post the biggest information we're probably going to get only on their websites/social media, then you have only a fools mentality. 

As anybody would put it, this site and our community is a fraction of what IGN's audience is. 

It makes perfect sense that they waited and are having a third party "gaming news cast" ( I say that very loosely ) take over the info and to hype it up close to the launch period. 

Like everybody on here was saying themselves, it would make no since to not have information going into the launch, which I, in fact, knew was not going to happen which is why I waited and didn't post useless, regurgitated garbage. 

I'm not trying to come off as a dick either, just being totally honest on what I have seen on this forum the past month so far. And I'm not even one to say things like "stop crying. Get over it. wait and see" either. 

Hindsight 20/20

And can you really blame us? 343 really fucked up with the Halo 4 news and when Frankie told us we would be getting CE info last month and it never came (yesterday's Bulletin was bs), then we had every reason to get a little worried.

Regardless, the IGN thing is dope. Looking forward to it.

Yes I can, because I didn't do it because 343 has proved their competence up til this point. At least for now, in my eyes alone. That's just me though. 

Now let's just get hyped for this.....or actually prepared for anarchy.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Ign is blocked at work and so is here. Annoying

Watch it be more H4 info than anything just to mess with us

Introducing: new and improved Flagnum!

Or maybe a CS-style MM would be great. You load up the menu and can pick from any map/gametype you want to play, and it'll give you the first available one.

Ex: I open lobby, select H1 2v2 any map, H2 lockout oddball, H3 guardian on MLG gametypes. It'll put me in a queue for all of them and I join the first open one.

No more worrying about too many playlists / not enough playlists / "OMG DLC SUCKS THE MAPS NEVER COME UP"

Just curious - does IGN pay microsoft for this?

This seems like the other way around. It seems like marketing for 343

I guess it cool we get some Halo news, but it does suck to see it off with Gamespot and IGN. Not really a big fan of that at all.

I think each bulletin should be somewhat like yesterday with a tad more substance leading up to the game release.

I agree with Cyren. It's better to have news from the devs themselves in forms of videos, bulletins, etc rather than going to another source of info.

Viewership: IGN >>>>>> HaloWaypoint.com

With it being an IGN exclusive, you know they will advertise these articles everywhere on the site for a month straight.

• Upvote (+1) 5

With it being an IGN exclusive, you know they will advertise these articles everywhere on the site for a month straight.

This.

Exactly my point.

just saw your comment, you foos? my dad is into it!

Yeah, it's legit! I'm glad they have left foos alone. Huge tourneys, simple yet tons of skill, and you always know that you are getting the same experience... To bad Bungie/343 couldn't leave halo alone and just build build upon basics. they always feel the need to fuck something up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, my only concern is the potential lack of potential knowledge regarding the game from IGN. Ryan M. should be good but the rest make me wonder.

I haven't been complaining because there has been nothing to complain about. 

And if you really think that 343 is going to only post the biggest information we're probably going to get only on their websites/social media, then you have only a fools mentality. 

As anybody would put it, this site and our community is a fraction of what IGN's audience is. 

It makes perfect sense that they waited and are having a third party "gaming news cast" ( I say that very loosely ) take over the info and to hype it up close to the launch period. 

Like everybody on here was saying themselves, it would make no since to not have information going into the launch, which I, in fact, knew was not going to happen which is why I waited and didn't post useless, regurgitated garbage. 

I'm not trying to come off as a dick either, just being totally honest on what I have seen on this forum the past month so far. And I'm not even one to say things like "stop crying. Get over it. wait and see" either. 

i'm a fan of them using IGN's First Look to put out more info....no clue how u thought I had an issue with that lol...my problem is the lack of info directly from 343 themselves....outside of the E3 announcement and the H2A stuff....now they are gonna use a 3rd party to put out more info which i'm fine with....if we knew it was gonna be like this before today we probably wouldn't have been this worried about the release of info...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm a fan of them using IGN's First Look to put out more info....no clue how u thought I had an issue with that lol...my problem is the lack of info directly from 343 themselves....outside of the E3 announcement and the H2A stuff....now they are gonna use a 3rd party to put out more info which i'm fine with....if we knew it was gonna be like this before today we probably wouldn't have been this worried about the release of info...

That actually wasn't towards you my bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, my only concern is the potential lack of potential knowledge regarding the game from IGN. Ryan M. should be good but the rest make me wonder.

That Alfredo Diaz guy seems to be legit, I see him interacting with Mr X on twitter a lot and referencing RB6. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That Alfredo Diaz guy seems to be legit, I see him interacting with Mr X on twitter a lot and referencing RB6. 

You beat me to it.  Alfredo is a fan of competitive gaming and e-sports as well.  I listen to Ryan's pod cast every week during my commute to work.  I think most of you would appreciate his opinions on Halo and FPS games in general.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Humpflung i highly doubt that ign are going to answer any important questions

Maybe not, but we'll at least get gameplay and supposedly streams. Watching that will answer a lot.