CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm happy that the classic Halo multiplayer games will be brought to the modern gamer, as this gives me more hope that we'll have a bigger community for Halo 5 Guardians, and not only that, but that community will actually be used to traditional Halo gameplay - they wont think Halo is Halo 4. I'm also happy that I wont have to keep using an Xbox 360 just to play the Halo campaigns, and I love playing all 4 of those Halo campaigns over and over again so that's well suited to me.

Also, I think it's great that they're exploring their own dynamic map ideas now (H2A) so that they can get feedback and do it better with future games, if they do decide to continue with dynamic map elements.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're asking for way too much.

4v4 Slayer Objective for each title

Cross Game Snipers

Cross Game SWAT

Cross Game BTB

etc.

MLG/Hardcore will be up to 343 and community, but it will most likely be H2 or H2A

I was thinking about this and, after looking at that gif, I realized that they have a chance to do something really cool. What I think they should do is have a menu, if possible, that you can tailor to your own desired MM experience. I'm not sure if they'd ever actually do this but here we go.

Imagine the first option you have to choose is ranked, social or both. Now that you've done that you pick from a generic list of gametypes like TS, doubles etc etc. After that you can check off which Halo titles you'd want to search for from a list of games that the gametype you selected is applicable to. It would then put you into a MM hopper and, if you picked something specific, it would first take players who are looking for something that matches then fill remaining slots with people who searched without preferences. The entire screen I just described would be optional and there would be a more simple and generic playlist list for people who just don't care that much to quickly hop into MM (these guys would help fill the specific search games) and should help to breathe life into every title/playlist and make it a more unified experience with an option for everyone if desired. 

I'm not entirely sure how they would handle ranks here but its probably possible if given enough thought. Maybe choosing the ranked option would force you to pick a single title? Who knows.

Still buttmad about me kicking the shit out of you in two different discussions on the same day?

Nope. Just find it funny when someone pretends to know everything and immediately gets taken down a peg. :salt:

And honestly, I don't even remember the conversations, and didn't even look at (much less recognize) your screen name when I quoted that.

That these 4 games will be brought to the newest gen console (7-10 yr lifespan?) and will have support likely for a long time.  The MCC is also bringing out Halo players that may have moved on to other games and back to the games they loved to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL WUT?

Saucey's post #9003 pretty much hit the nail on the head with the reasons that I am frustrated with 343i's handling of MCC's release. They did a great job of announcing MCC at E3, but since that point the flow of information to Halo fans has been poorly timed and ill conceived. For example, they announced a Halo 2 style ranking system, but we still don't have any concrete information on how that system is going to work. The also told us all the games are going to run in 60fps/1080p, yet we still don't know what H2C and H4 even look like. Why should either of these facts be true when the game releases in a little over a month?

Not only has the flow of information been poor, but 343i/M$ haven't spent any sizable amount of money advertising for the game. I am sure they have some kind of advertising plan, but I don't understand why they haven't spent any money up to this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know I'm late to the party by a few hours, but I can't think of a single reason why 343 can't answer any questions relating to Halo: CE or Halo 2 Classic concerning netcode, glitches, or really anything that hasn't been fully addressed yet. This game is going to 'go gold' very, very soon. It's not like they can see CE kids on Team Beyond worrying about the netcode, and say to themselves, "Hey, we *should* switch up some things to make it run more smooth on the Xbox One even though it may take away some authenticity." Anyone with a brain knows that they just don't have that kind of time. With the game being released next month, it's not a matter of them not being able to show us footage or go more in depth about CE or Halo 2. It's that for whatever reason, they simply won't.

I love 343 for giving us MCC. I'd pay $100-$150 for a package like this, and I'm sure a lot of you would too. But to not divulge information that is extremely likely already set in stone is just silly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think some concern is warranted given the magnitude of MCC if it actually happens and that basically competitive players haven't had a halo they truly loved in many years to play online.

Really hope the delay isn't due serious game altering issues in ce and h2.

I think people are worrying for nothing.

I think this is what 343 wants. As I said before, they know everyone here (aka everyone clamoring for more CE and H2C info and footage) are going to buy MCC regardless. So, instead of flooding the internet with tons of content and having the game be, shall we say, "not as fresh" by the time it comes out, they'd rather just give us little tidbits of info and content to whet our appetites and let us stew.

It's a smart business decision, honestly, especially after Destiny's over-hyped release failed big time. True, one could argue it was the game that bombed on its own, but I don't think the game would have been criticized nearly as harshly if it weren't hyped to be "the game to end all games" prior to its release.

Getting to relive my gaming glory days (17-early 20's) whilst in my 30's :D

Might I add, barely in my 30's

It'll feel great buying a console and MCC with my own hard-earned money from my hard-earned career and playing (at least the campaigns, anyway) on a nice HD LED TV with an amazing picture that I also bought myself, and getting paid the whole week off for doing it :)

It'll be a nice "full-circle" kind of feeling  :goat:

Cant wait. Youtube only processes 30 fps so u cant notice the 60 fps in videos, but pros say its spectacular

I thought YouTube could now? When playing in HD? I'm probably mistaken.

They definitely need to get with the program then. Twitch allows 60fps, doesn't it? I can at least stream my stuff in 1080p/60fps?

I think people are worrying for nothing.

I think this is what 343 wants. As I said before, they know everyone here (aka everyone clamoring for more CE and H2C info and footage) are going to buy MCC regardless. So, instead of flooding the internet with tons of content and having the game be, shall we say, "not as fresh" by the time it comes out, they'd rather just give us little tidbits of info and content to whet our appetites and let us stew.

It's a smart business decision, honestly, especially after Destiny's over-hyped release failed big time. True, one could argue it was the game that bombed on its own, but I don't think the game would have been criticized nearly as harshly if it weren't hyped to be "the game to end all games" prior to its release.

It's like I said, it's not that they can't divulge information, it's that they simply won't. We all wish they would because we're Halo fans, but who are we to say what is/isn't good marketing?

It's like I said, it's not that they can't divulge information, it's that they simply won't. We all wish they would because we're Halo fans, but who are we to say what is/isn't good marketing?

I hear ya. But like I (and you) said, I think that's their modus operandi, honestly. I think it's a reaction to recent titles over-hyped & underwhelmed releases. We may not like it now, but I have a feeling we will when it all kicks off November 11th.

What plans are in place for explaining button glitches in the various games?

Will the map layouts seen in H2A loading screens be extended to other titles?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I thought YouTube could now? When playing in HD? I'm probably mistaken.

They definitely need to get with the program then. Twitch allows 60fps, doesn't it? I can at least stream my stuff in 1080p/60fps?

Yessir it does. Next gen bro. Youtube sucks

I'll be the odd man out and ask about campaign / Forge stuff:

Q: Will Halo 2: Anniversary's additional skulls be hidden / findable the way the original Halo 2 skulls were, or will all the skulls for all games be unlocked from the get-go along with all the other stuff (campaign missions, etc.)?

Q: Will it be possible to include maps made in Halo 4's Forge into Halo 4-related playlists? If so, will there be a solidified process in which Forgers can submit their creations, and will the issues like Trait Zones on Forge maps no working in matchmaking be fixed?

Q: Will Halo 2: Anniversary's Forge have all the features of Halo 4's Forge (e.g. trait zones, gravity volumes, etc.)?

Q: Will Halo 2: Anniversary's Forge have "Dominion" still be a Forge item list or, at least, will the "Dominion" objects still be present? (e.g. Base Shield items, for example)? If so... can you reduce the noise they make, or at least give us the option to? (It's important to a few of my maps lol)

Q: Will Halo 2: Anniversary's Forge "Skybox Only" environments have different lighting (e.g. different times of day) and/or weather effects (e.g. light snow flurries like on "Lockout", or windy sand whisps like on "High Noon")?

Q: Will there be a static "Community Forge" playlist? Please? And also, maybe a standardized, integrated way of submitting maps for it?

I'll think of more later...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yessir it does. Next gen bro. Youtube sucks

Faaaaantastic.

You don't need to use XBONE's built-in streaming for 60fps, do you? Although... I don't know if my ElGato GameCapture HD does 60fps to begin with...

Arbiter is back

Are you one of the few that actually like the Arbiter missions in Halo 2? Because I am.

Granted, I like Chief's more, but I don't hate the Arbiter missions like most people do. I think they're some of the more fascinating ones, both gameplay-wise and visually.

I hear ya. But like I (and you) said, I think that's their modus operandi, honestly. I think it's a reaction to recent titles over-hyped & underwhelmed releases. We may not like it now, but I have a feeling we will when it all kicks off November 11th.

you using some fancy words here...

but yeah another reason is that they could be trying not to confuse their message by showing tons of gameplay from each halo game, I mean it would probably be easier for them to try and sell H2A and H5 beta as the main sticking point for the average consumer but for the more aware individuals such as ourselves they may think of us as an easier lay, and by showing us more information it would just bore us or something, idk like I said what really matters is whether or not the game will be any good not the marketing or PR.