CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

People have been bad talking MCC? LOLWUT

We just want some answers to some questions regarding the game, that it. 99.3% of the people on this site are excited for the game and want to buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

People have been bad talking MCC? LOLWUT

We just want some answers to some questions regarding the game, that it. 99.3% of the people on this site are

excited for the game and want to buy it.

Other articles and forums ive read across the web. Glad the hype is back as well as the halo community. Hoping mlg picks up the game that started it

Till the day the MCC servers are shut down, we will be able to play RANKED ce and h2 online. Probably a good 10 years.

So is the original ce multiplayer in MCC? 

Forge in H2A will be rad. Call me a casual, but while you guys go straight to an Octagon to warm up, I'll be smashing ghosts and warthogs against each other on Lava Pit with friends. 

Theater is good, too. You think it'd be a given...and well, it is a given for 2A/3/4. However, with the Xbox One's own recording ability, it's discouraged devs from making their own theater mode. 

Those Blur cutscenes. 

PC exclusive maps finally on console. Can you say 'BTB Gephyrphobia'? I can say 'BTB Gephyrphobia'.

Though fringe, I foresee H2A's gametype scripting to be even more robust than H4's. If that is indeed the case and modders can crack it open like they did with H4? Goodness. They made H4 into a good shooter. They could turn H2A into a perfect shooter. 

Out of map exploration in HD awesomeness in H2A. 

Co op may not be laggy as fuck because of dedicated servers?

Remastered H2A soundtrack. 

TERMINALS in H2A! Delicious lore. 

The BR may not be the tickle rifle at long range in H3 anymore. 

Gun-fucking-goose. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is in control of PR over at 343? there is no reason for halo devs to be this terrible at relaying info....we know more about games coming out at a later date than we do with TMCC. I've know about the drastic changes to NBA 2K15 months ago....gameplay and game mode specific changes....no one over at operationsports.com is stressed about info because basically everything there is to know about the game has been released. We have a little over a month left and we know nothing about how halo 1, 2 (classic), 3 and 4 will play...nor do we know anything about how ranks and playlists will work...

seriously...is this a clause in a halo devs contract...to be secretive and delay the release of info? this has been a staple in the development of most games in the series...it's a video game not the secrets to the universe..

this is pathetic

I am not sure who is in charge, but I hope they do re-think their reveal / announcement strategies.

The Halo 5 announcement was at 6am eastern time, we had to stay up all night on a hunch that it was going to be big news to cover it.

The latest lockout announcement dropped at like 8am.  I remember stopping at a redlight with a #mcmuffin and reading my twitter timeline when gamespot tweeted it out, choking on mcmuffin lore I am swerving into mailboxes trying to get home.

The only solid announcement in my opinion was the master chief collection itself and that was at E3 (also several of the map announcements made at panels were good as well).  The game is a month away and we really only know about Halo 2.  We have seen a short preview of Halo 3 campaign and thats about it, which is odd to me.

Despite all of my complaints I am sure there are solid reasons why they havent shown it to us yet.  Maybe they are ironing out problems, or they just simply do not have answers to our questions.  I do not think they would hold out like this unless they had a good reason.

Also to touch on your comment about Halo devs and secrecy, Microsoft for sure has a policy in place to protect their intellectual properties, and Halo is the "flagship" title, or atleast it was so I am sure there are rules in place.  However, these are remade games - the only new thing here are dynamic events in H2A, and that isnt exactly what I would call groundbreaking.  I can understand being secretive about a new project like Halo 5, but not about remakes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well the best thing imo is just for me. I played Halo 3 and thought I was serious but I never managed to do anything. This time I am coming back with a fucking fury. I want to get good at Halo except 5x better than I used to be. I can use Halo MCC as a platform to push me into Halo 5 to get really good in the process. I have been even playing Halo 2V trying to get better. I suck though so I have a long way. 

Something people need to keep in mind. Games usually go "gold" around a month before release (to give manufactures time to actually make copies of the disk). We have to assume 343 is very very close to completing the game, if they haven't already. So the lack of news or hype in general is kinda disconcerting. 

Another question to add: If H2A is using a new engine, why is Theater not included?

not enough memory on disc.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Something people need to keep in mind. Games usually go "gold" around a month before release (to give manufactures time to actually make copies of the disk). We have to assume 343 is very very close to completing the game, if they haven't already. So the lack of news or hype in general is kinda disconcerting. 

This is true, we will more than likely see a lot of information this month - simply because the game will be finalized.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not sure who is in charge, but I hope they do re-think their reveal / announcement strategies.

We were literally saying the exact thing about Halo 4. I think you're giving them too much credit by saying there must be a good reason. All the signs point to mismanagement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they're holding onto a lot of stuff simply because they know we're all dying for it, and they want to keep that going straight up until release. Releasing too much content, or even "enough" (subjective term, admittedly) has potential to have the hype wear off, even if everything about the game/collection is up to the community's strict standards.

It's kind of like a desktop wallpaper: you find one that's awesome and you love it so much you immediately use it. But after about a week or two, you're just "used to it" now. It's still awesome, but it's not as "fresh".

That being said, marketing definitely needs to be ramped up. There are a ton of potential buyers / players that don't even know about the game, much less when they can get it or any specific details about what games it contains, how multiplayer works, if all the games are being remastered or just CE and Halo 2, etc.

But as I said: I think they're just slowly drip-feeding us just enough tidbits to whet our appetites, because they KNOW the only people clamoring for things like CE screenshots / footage are people that are going to buy the game regardless. So they kind of get to have their cake and eat it too: keep us on the line and sweating for more, while keeping the vast majority of the game/collection under wraps so it's as fresh and surprising (as much as a collection of already-released games can be) right up until it is released.

My god, you guys really think that there will be anything CE-related in this bulletin? Spoiler alert, there won't be.

Spoiler alert: pretending to know more than any of us usually results in you looking like a complete fool.

True, there wasn't much... but there was CE-related content #REKT

• Upvote (+1) 2

This game is going to bomb, hard. "More than half way there", lol. Obviously they're fucking with things and they know it isn't going to go down well with lots of players, hence all of this delayed info.

So many red flags.

Or they're doing the opposite of Destiny's "super über hype-train of the century that the game will never live up to!".

You know, downplaying it a bit since Destiny's strategy bombed fantastically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Coming out right in the middle of end of year exams for me (Star on the 7th finish on the 17th of Nov).  It's going to be hard to find a balance between playing MCC and studying... Will be a massive struggle.  Going to have to use MCC as a reward for studying

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of the Halo PC maps slightly differ from their xbox counterparts (you can't jump through red base's windows on the PC version of battle creek, I'm sure there are other minor changes, I think hang em too?), will we see the xbox versions or the PC versions of the original maps?

Sidewinder, on the other hand, had a 2-way port in the base on the PC version instead of a 1-way on the Xbox.  Those bases could really use a second entrance for CTF variants.  Because there is only one way in.  One...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Ce in the MLG style playlist in MCC i would say that's som kind of good news RIGHT ?

I still want info about DAY 1 playlists and how all that's going to work out.

I think in each title slayer should be mixed with objective for 4v4, similarly to how it's done in Halo 3 doubles playlist.

Halo 1:

2v2 Slayer & Objective or just TS? (I'm not familiar with H1 but I've seen 2v2 is quite popular here, I don't know anything about objective in H1)

Halo 2:

4v4 Slayer & Objective

2v2 Slayer & Objective

FFA

Halo 3:

4v4 Slayer & Objective

2v2 TS & Objective

Halo 4:

4v4 Infinity Slayer & Objective

Halo 2 Anniversary:

4v4 Slayer & Objective

2v2 Slayer & Objective

Cross Game:

8v8 Slayer & Objective

Team Snipers

SWAT

Zombies

There should be a vote amongst 3 maps and game type options once in a lobby (in cross game lobbies), or it could just remove the whole voting thing and you just play what you're given (in game specific lobbies).

We were literally saying the exact thing about Halo 4. I think you're giving them too much credit by saying there must be a good reason. All the signs point to mismanagement.

Is it mismanagement if they are consistent? ;)

I'll charitably assume they are in the mother of all crunch times.

Coming out right in the middle of end of year exams for me (Star on the 7th finish on the 17th of Nov).  It's going to be hard to find a balance between playing MCC and studying... Will be a massive struggle.  Going to have to use MCC as a reward for studying

Same dude, I'm taking two separate exams on the 20th and Dec. 6th... No idea whether I can control myself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is the FOV for Halo 1 multiplayer?

Has Halo 1's "jump delay" been fixed?

Possibility of DLC Halo 1 maps? (e.g. some of the Halo 1.5 maps)

I know how suspicious the MCC is looking right now, that being said I would rather they wait until the last minute and show me something awesome then for them to show me months in advance an awful game, them withholding information does put its legitimacy in question but I would still advise everyone to focus on what is shown and not what has not, just assuming this and that doesn't really help anyone in this circumstance so we're better off just waiting for what (perhaps little) information is shown and if unsatisfactory you could either wait until until after launch (I'm sure walkthroughs and other things will be created so you'll know in about a day or 2 what game you are getting) or you could simply not buy it. 

Spoiler alert: pretending to know more than any of us usually results in you looking like a complete fool.

True, there wasn't much... but there was CE-related content #REKT

Still buttmad about me kicking the shit out of you in two different discussions on the same day?

• Downvote (-1) 1

I know how suspicious the MCC is looking right now, that being said I would rather they wait until the last minute and show me something awesome then for them to show me months in advance an awful game, them withholding information does put its legitimacy in question but I would still advise everyone to focus on what is shown and not what has not, just assuming this and that doesn't really help anyone in this circumstance so we're better off just waiting for what (perhaps little) information is shown and if unsatisfactory you could either wait until until after launch (I'm sure walkthroughs and other things will be created so you'll know in about a day or 2 what game you are getting) or you could simply not buy it. 

There's a problem with that though. Like Halo 4, this game is going to get leaked, streamed, and be on YouTube. Instead of nice high-res images and constructive explanations from 343, we're going to get 480p barn footage and will have to decrypt explanations from a person with a 5th grade reading level.

That shit isn't fun. Then 343 is going to get mad that their "planned" schedule has been ruined. Remember, we didn't even know the full map selection for Halo 4 and had to rely on leakers while 343 was shocked that we would do something like that. If they want to hype their game a month before launch, make trailers and TV spots, not hold back vital info that will eventually be misinterpreted by leakers.

• Upvote (+1) 5