CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bulletins are always posted stupid late, shouldn't be a surprise. I say we wait until tonight and see if CE info releases and if there isn't, then we worry, because their quietness is getting a little on the shady side.

Not sure what you mean, halo 4 though?

you'll be able to play RANKED halo 4 too...

kind of a joke really.

Some of the Halo PC maps slightly differ from their xbox counterparts (you can't jump through red base's windows on the PC version of battle creek, I'm sure there are other minor changes, I think hang em too?), will we see the xbox versions or the PC versions of the original maps?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bulletins are always posted stupid late, shouldn't be a surprise. I say we wait until tonight and see if CE info releases and if there isn't, then we worry, because their quietness is getting a little on the shady side.

why would they withhold that information until AFTER the bulletin? doubt it, but if you insist.

That we can not only relive the nostalgia, it feels like we can have that competitive feeling again. And as a person like me who has started off with Halo 3 I cannot wait to play and get competitive again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

nvm, didn't know the Bulletin was already up

shit's dumb

Theres still this

But I still wouldn't hold your breath.

Theres still this

But I still wouldn't hold your breath.

The thing is, 343 suffered this very same problem with Halo 4 and we had to rely on leakers for vital info. Why is this happening again?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Info about CE in the bulletin was weak.  I would rather they delay dropping little of bits info, and give us something substantial than to think we are getting something cool and then be let down.

Game is out in a month or so, not sure why we are being deprived of critical information, that I am sure would only increase interest and buzz around The MCC.  I am sure a legit reason exists, but it is frustrating to deal with from an outside point of view.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wish they'd just give us like a 5 min video with gameplay of Halo CE and H2 classic with Ghost or whoever just talking about how these games feel on the next gen platform.

Someone who truly knows what they're talking about and not just someone talking about lighting and water.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Info about CE in the bulletin was weak.  I would rather they delay dropping little of bits info, and give us something substantial than to think we are getting something cool and then be let down.

Game is out in a month or so, not sure why we are being deprived of critical information, that I am sure would only increase interest and buzz around The MCC.  I am sure a legit reason exists, but it is frustrating to deal with from an outside point of view.

Who is in control of PR over at 343? there is no reason for halo devs to be this terrible at relaying info....we know more about games coming out at a later date than we do with TMCC. I've know about the drastic changes to NBA 2K15 months ago....gameplay and game mode specific changes....no one over at operationsports.com is stressed about info because basically everything there is to know about the game has been released. We have a little over a month left and we know nothing about how halo 1, 2 (classic), 3 and 4 will play...nor do we know anything about how ranks and playlists will work...

seriously...is this a clause in a halo devs contract...to be secretive and delay the release of info? this has been a staple in the development of most games in the series...it's a video game not the secrets to the universe..

this is pathetic

• Upvote (+1) 9

The thing is, 343 suffered this very same problem with Halo 4 and we had to rely on leakers for vital info. Why is this happening again?

This was rhetorical, right? I'm not sure why you directed it towards me otherwise lol.

Its very frustrating.  You've got a group of Halo 1 supporters/players/followers that bought the game/xbox early or at launch of the OG xbox and helped make the franchise/console where it is by promoting to friends and playing it in tournaments.  They are still actively passionate about the game even with the releases of every later game that deviated from the formula that made the original game great to them.  This is one of the best things to come around in the more than 13 years some have been playing the game.  The lack of information/teasing is just plain rough.   I can appreciate the talent that is at 343i and do believe they can get Halo 1 to play on the Xbox One.  We don't need a screen shot to show us that.  We just want more details on how the experience is.  If they can't provide that yet with just over a month out then I'm worried.  If the schedule gets stretched and corners are cut, history has shown where they will be.

You've also got a whole generation of Halo 2/3/R/4 players (sorry to group as one) that have lived through their game online, massive population, and tournaments.  They are looking to relive all those old memories and play with new friends made.  This collection will really serve to accommodate everyone.  The only group I can see hurting is the Halo 1 xbox community if the game isn't true to way its been played (and continues to be played) over the past 13 years. Its the only game to truly be revamped for this collection to include an Xbox Live connection which could include impactful changes to the way its experienced.

• Upvote (+1) 6

video games rarely show off themselves in their entirety until very close to launch, and even then leave a lot of stuff for people to find.

With a project that is segmented into multiple games, the exact same thing is happening, only due to the collective nature of the project, the stuff they've shown is only representative of several facets of the full package.

Most of the main polish work for a project is done very close to release.  things like H2A and halo 3 were singled out to have portions of them accelerated so they could be presentable to the public earlier.

This is the case for everything that was shown at E3 and gamescom.  none of those games were just sitting around, completely finished and looking that good in every level and mode.

The nature of this project is such that it's not possible to get something representative of the entire package ready to show way ahead of time, and everything is even more down to the wire on account of how many plates are being spun.  the modern system of previews breaks down here.  creating a visual target for e3 is extra money and time, but if you showed people where you are now they'd react like they did when EA did that at their press conference.  people want to see what a game will look like when it comes out, and games don't look like that for a very very long time in a natural dev process.

Remember back when screenshots were all we got to see of games before they came out?  maybe a tv commercial around launch week if it was huge?  some of those games turned out pretty alright.  maybe this one will. maybe it won't.  it's not like there isn't going to be a billion videos and breakdowns of every conceivable part of it as soon as it comes out.  it will be Known.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, recently been seeing some bad talk about the master chief collection. I wanted to start a forum for the best things, in your opinion, that make the community happy about MCC. Besides the most obvious reason : All halos (1-4) on next gen console.

If I knew more about TMCC I would tell you...so for my reply to this thread...more on that later..

• Upvote (+1) 3