CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Frank O'connor just said this

We absolutely cannot make everyone happy, that's not realistic, but this package, this functionality at this price might get more than halfway there.

Also there's no conspiracy afoot on the unseen bits, just schedule. You will see and learn lots more this month."

Not sure how that is supposed to make me feel. I guess I'll take it is as good news because "we will see an learn lots more this month." But that line about "We absolutely cannot make everyone happy" makes me uneasy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will we be able to make our own campaign playlists? 

Will there be some sort of shuffle option in campaign missions to where we can play, for example, X amount of just random missions?

Is there a Social Ranking System like Halo 3, Reach and 4 had? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Q. Is the ranking system for each playlist?

Yes, each playlist has an individual 1-50 ELO Halo 2 style Rank

Q. Is there a dedicated playlist type for each game, so doubles for Halo 1,2,3 etc?

Majority of playlists will be cross game, so each game won't have its own Team Doubles, Team Snipers (that would just be ridiculous). There will be a handful of single-game playlists such as a 4v4 Slayer + Objective for each game, but majority of modes (Doubles, Snipers, SWAT) will be Cross-Game

I wrote this, it should explain how ranks and playlists work fairly well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well you can't possibly learn less. So there is that. Rofl 

I started playing Halo as a shooter with Halo 3 so I didn't know how Halo 1 was. 

I played Halo 2 to do super bounces and glitches with a friend before Halo 3 came out. Lol weirdest way to remember Halo 2 but I loved the glitches in that game.

The only memory of Halo 1 I have is doing some glitch that involved the warthogs turret in Blood Gulch. 

So I don't know how you guys feel about Halo 1 news. I can understand you though since this will be the first time Halo 1 was on xbox live. 

seriously....who didn't have an idea of how CE would look in 1080p? No one was doubting it would look crispier...hell you can install the game on your pc right now and look at how clean the game is...we want to know how it runs....good lord man...and those aren't the frequently asked questions about CE....not even close...

sigh...

got me weak fam

Sigh, I guess the lack of information was expected, at least we can see what it looks like (kinda). I have so much to say about how 343i and M$ have handled this release so far (most of it not good), but I am too pissed to talk about it right now.

LOL WUT?

Just remembered one that I was curious about earlier today:

How is Spartan Ops being handled this time around? Will we still need a gold account and online connection to play it?

• Upvote (+1) 3

How is Spartan Ops being handled this time around? Will we still need a gold account and online connection to play it?

300px-H4_Palmer_cropped.png

THATS MAH BOY

• Upvote (+1) 2

Frank O'connor just said this

We absolutely cannot make everyone happy, that's not realistic, but this package, this functionality at this price might get more than halfway there.

Also there's no conspiracy afoot on the unseen bits, just schedule. You will see and learn lots more this month."

This game is going to bomb, hard. "More than half way there", lol. Obviously they're fucking with things and they know it isn't going to go down well with lots of players, hence all of this delayed info.

So many red flags.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game is going to bomb, hard. "More than half way there", lol. Obviously they're fucking with things and they know it isn't going to go down well with lots of players, hence all of this delayed info.

post-30107-Justin-Timberlake-WTF-WHAT-gi

• Upvote (+1) 8

This really isn't about the game so to speak, but I would really like to know if there will be a MCC bundle Xbox One for sale? 

The lore side of me wants to know this...

Q: Will the Halo 4 terminals be in-game this time round or will you still need to visit Halo Waypoint to view them?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, f##k them, right? Giving us all these halo games for $60. I hate them.

the MCC is still a good deal, with or without a legitimate CE, it just sounds skeptical to fans of the franchise (especially CE) for them to withhold information from us when the game is only a month away, it makes us believe that they are intentionally hiding things from us in order to make us buy it then see for ourselves whether or not its good, when we should know these things months in advance.

What are the most significant gameplay and technical challenges that had to be dealt with to make the collection work and how were those challenges dealt with?

Listen, with just over a month until release there is literally NO EXCUSE for questions such as "how is CE netcode" "how does the game play" "is it similar to pc". They already know damn well ce players want answers to these questions and they still haven't provided them. They said plenty of info last month, there was NONE. "Prepare to drop your face for the next bulletin". What bulletin? That was a joke. Here's a couple of high res screen shots of CE! woo hoo! I haven't been able to see high res CE material on the pc for the past few years or any thing.

All of this delayed crucial info at this stage into the games development is NOT a good sign. I have a feeling this will end in tears.

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo 4 though...

my favorite thing about the MCC so far (except for the obvious) is that they have environmental effects in H2A, one of the things I have always wondered is why they don't do that kind of thing more often and I'm really glad that we get to see something like that in H2A, hopefully we'll see more of that in the later halos.

Not sure what you mean, halo 4 though?