CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Again this is a subjective argument though. If you were to show some evidence, doesn't have to be hard scientific evidence, just some numbers/examples to back up your opinion.

Eg you could say "games that have more accurate placings though having a higher skillgap and more consistensy, perform better for competitve communtiy growth than copies sold or stream numbers, as evident by comparing games x, y and z, to games a, b and c"

Ahh, I was only using the history of consistently determining the best team as my evidence.  I didn't realize you were looking for an argument specifically regarding 'community growth'.  I can't offer any evidence regarding that, though I'm sure it's out there.

There's definitely going to be a lot more cross-game playlists than I'd like. I'm not looking forward to leaving it up to a vote for what game Im going to play for multiple gametypes.

Personally, I think they could pull it off with no cross-game playlists but that'll never happen so why bother.

See you on Halo 1 2 2A 3 4 Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about they just remove Halo 4 from the collection? It's a win-win. We don't have to have it taint the game, and it opens up more playlists for games that aren't piles of trash.

I've read this post like 20 times.

Seems to me like they are going to have more cross-game playlists than the amount of playlists for individual games. For people like me who only want to play halo ce and 2, I find this problematic if I want to play matchmaking. It will suck to only have one or two playlists to play in the individual games. Either way i'm not complaining, just happy I get to play halo again as it was when I was younger.

Game has more viewership appeal, was most popular game for MLG, plus it is going to look gorgeous in MCC. I don't see why not.

It was on a massive decline at the end when it was actually relevant while looking and playing worse than H2A. It has more maps and that's about all it has going for it.

Anyways playlists....

Every title should probably have a generic Team Slayer, BtB, 2v2 and rumble. Snipes/swat etc can maybe be added later on. Hardcore for H2, MLG settings for H3, Pistol starts 2v2 slayer for CE and then a more robust selection after launch once you see what people want.

Ok, where the hell is that video/gif of the playlist menus being cycled through and shit? I can't find it.

UnawareCostlyJanenschia.gif

You called?

• Upvote (+1) 6

everyone is waiting for CE gameplay, tomorrow their is supposed to be a bulletin so we figure they'll show some gameplay, now we are getting sorta hyped.

is that what you wanted to know?

Yup! Thnx

I didn't realize you were looking for an argument specifically regarding 'community growth'.  

Well I'm not really, but that's the most logical goal considering our circumstances. 

When I think back to the "golded days" of Halo, ie mid H2 through to H3, the major difference was community size. Those games just had far more people playing.

More people = more games in MM which are more fairly matched, which = more motivation to play, which = a more stable player base. All of which = more interest in tournaments and more of them. It equals more content and more money. Everything we want stems from having a larger community/player base. So to me, the obvious thing is to make growth our number one priority, which is part of the reason I made this thread in the first place.

I have had this thinking for a very long time now, and hope that with some cooperation going into MCC we can make things big again.

UnawareCostlyJanenschia.gif

You called?

Thank you kind sir.

Holy Fack thinking about being able to play every 4v4 map or every 8v8 map all on one game is just Amazing.

I'm so happy it's crazy.

Halo 2 Classic.....have some pride in playing the most skilled halo titles people. Good lord man. H2A is shinier, we can all see that, but hearing from professionals saying the shooting is way too easy should be a red flag. H2C still looks good at 1080p/60fp and will obviously play better. again, have some pride in supporting the most competitive titles instead of the brand new shiny toy.

btw. If you were in the chat during both H2A tourneys held by 343 you would see A LOT of ppl asking for H2C.

Meant to pos rep, sorry. H2C over H2A. I have zero desire to play a modified version of Halo 4 on maps with dynamic elements.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that is imo a pretty big problem is the fact that there is no sort of spectator mode for any of the games. I understand why they wouldn't want to add it for older games but hopefully it will be there for H5.

A big part of tournaments these days is that people can tune in and watch the stream and get hyped for there favorite team doing well. For smaller or online tournaments its impossible to get a stream going because of no spectator mode or the fact that so much hardware is needed if you want to stream 4v4 for a LAN. For H2C and H2A the only way to watch some games from a tourney is hope that some of the teams will be streaming it.

Seems to me like they are going to have more cross-game playlists than the amount of playlists for individual games. For people like me who only want to play halo ce and 2, I find this problematic if I want to play matchmaking. It will suck to only have one or two playlists to play in the individual games. Either way i'm not complaining, just happy I get to play halo again as it was when I was younger.

I'm with you, however, we can play CE/H2 customs with our friends all day long on XBL without having to LAN them, thus removing the possibility of a lobby voting H2A/H3/H4. I can't wait tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As of right now, I think Halo 2 Classic would be the best bet due to it having more maps to play on. Once H2A has more DLC map release's I believe that H2A could be the competitive title.

At least they had an excuse for that (quick time events).

H2A has absolutely no excuse. It worked in the Halo 4 MP, it should work in the H2A MP.

Heavily modified engine.

Taking PTO for the release of MCC I'm just not sure how many days I want to get paid to play Halo for thinking at least 3.

You wanna play Halo For you noob?

Normally I don't make that mistake, however it slipped this time. Long day at work, my bad. chill.

It's more or less directed at anyone who does it consistently, not just you this one time. I didn't mean to sound like I was taking it all out on you lol. Just frustrates me because the vast majority of people I come across on the internet will make that mistake frequently, and their excuse is, "It's just the internet, not a book report!" As if that's a legit reason to present yourself as a moron, you know? Lol.

"It's just the internet! My IQ drops well below triple-digits soon as I touch the keyboard, SUE ME!" :kappa:

No. Nothing good comes from Kevin Franklin.

Kevin Franklin is to balanced, competitive Halo as an Oldsmobile is to a grapefruit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I have some shards and energy please? Also, congrats on being Legendary now.

Lol I need them myself. At least I need the shards. But yes I am Legendary :D 

It's more or less directed at anyone who does it consistently, not just you this one time. I didn't mean to sound like I was taking it all out on you lol. Just frustrates me because the vast majority of people I come across on the internet will make that mistake frequently, and their excuse is, "It's just the internet, not a book report!" As if that's a legit reason to present yourself as a moron, you know? Lol.

"It's just the internet! My IQ drops well below triple-digits soon as I touch the keyboard, SUE ME!" :kappa:

I find my self in the same boat. I'll admit, I don't have the best spelling, grammar or punctuation. However I make the attempt, just so I don't seem as unintelligent/uncaring/ungrateful for this ability to do so.