CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

why play a good game when you can play a better one on the same disc.

I agree with this to an extent. We just don't live in 2004 anymore man, players want do see a shooter that's using the potential of the technology we have: great graphics and great sound.

I personally always take gameplay over graphics but the majority of gamers wanna play sth pretty and new.

by saying "it's a vehicles map" he's saying it's not for traditional competition.

There's no point in judging it by a small arena map's standards, because that's not what it's trying to be.  "This apple isn't enough like a banana"

Right. But for "traditional competition", there's Coag, which can also be modified via Forge into whatever, and there will most certainly be tons of non-arena/competitive Forge maps available before long; 99% of the maps created, I'm sure, are not competitive-based maps, simply by virtue of the fact that the vast majority of the overall Halo population does not classify themselves as "competitive" or the like.

Also, the last two Halo games have largely favoured BTB as far as maps were concerned; it is definitely time for smaller, more competitive maps to get the lion's share of the love here.

am i the only one who was disappointed to see it wasn't another BTB map?

Not the only, but definitely one of the few.

So because it doesn't interest you, no one should have it?

You bolded it yourself - " lot of people".

The amount of people viewing our Halo 4 articles were near to none. People simply didn't care.

Can they elaborate on what "scripting" entails, as far as H2:A's Forge is concerned?

And when will get get a full, detailed list of Forge changes/additions rather than just general (and some of them very ambiguous) bullet-points on a PowerPoint slide? Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hilarious to me that I've heard tons of people on other forums complaining that warlock is "boring" because it's "too competitive-focused" and wishing 343 had put in more BTB maps and left the small maps to be forged.

How quickly people say the opposite thing to what they'd said previously

This is what I have to say about that crowd:

The crowd that wanted BTB maps have had their time now. They got Reach and, even more so, Halo 4. Almost ALL BTB maps for them to have their "fun" on.

We saw that a BTB approach to Halo is NOT what the majority of Halo gamers want, most (I'd say 80 %) have left online matchmaking.

HEY, CASUALS!: Again, YOU'VE HAD YOUR TIME. Us competitive players and veterans have had to play a seven year old game for at least two years now. FEEL FREE to go back and play Halo 4. You'll find plenty of what you're looking for there.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd just like more info on the ranking system. I know its gonna be H2 (which is amazing), but will all playlist be ranked? Any non-ranked? 

Also, how about letting us create dynamic playlist searching?

In other words: If I want to only play classic CE, classic H2, and H2:A maps/gametypes, how about a "Search Options" tab where we can check those games off, and the search will only yield results/players within that criteria? Not asking for it to be overly detailed, just a simple solution to having to either 1) Switch between searching a playlist for each game, one after the other, back and forth, or 2) Search a "grab-bag" playlist which may result in an undesired option of playing something we don't want (in this example, H3 or H4).

• Upvote (+1) 1

You bolded it yourself - " lot of people".

The amount of people viewing our Halo 4 articles were near to none. People simply didn't care.

So your articles not getting many views means people don't want a classic gametype? Didn't you guys have a megathread about a no sprint descope gametype that lots of people were going crazy over?

So your articles not getting many views means people don't want a classic gametype? Didn't you guys have a megathread about a no sprint descope gametype that lots of people were going crazy over?

Yes, actually. Fact is - no matter what you do with Halo 4, it won't bring anyone back and it won't suddenly make the game more popular. 

We had a mega thread for the no sprint/descope gametypes - yes and guess what? In the end, no one cared. It was a mod which didn't function well and was done in such a hacky way that it wasn't worth anyones time. It wasn't going to be used in tournaments, it wasn't going to be added to matchmaking.

So little people are playing Halo 4 that is simply isn't worth our time and effort to make articles about the game and it isn't worth 343's time to re-add descoping back to Halo 4 for one gametype that so little people will play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eh, Wizard/Warlock is a good map, but I certainly wouldn't have chosen it for 1 of the 6. It's too easily forgeable IMO. With 3 skybox only forgeable locations available, Warlock could have been provided that way. Whereas something bigger and more complex, with more visual requirements/potential, such as: Waterworks, Terminal, Relic, Containment, Headlong, Turf etc. are far harder, or impossible, to recreate in Forge.

This is my first disappointment with the game. Competitive play needs a couple remade maps, I understand, but 3 more could have been forged in the skybox environments and played just fine. With the improvements in Forge and different environment/skyboxes to work with, you can get 3 decent non-repetitive maps out of it.

For this game, we are supposed to be reliving the classics, and getting 6 maps remade that capture that spirit. Wizard/Warlock has been in 2 Halo games, and has been in Forged in jut about everyone since. It's been done. Why not give us something that hasn't been remade, and unable to be Forged?

Like I said, good map, but bad choice for 1 of the 6, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it isn't worth 343's time to re-add descoping back to Halo 4 for one gametype that so little people will play.

H2A runs off of a modified H4 engine? H2A has descope? Seems like the work is already done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oi I'm too into gametypes alright so here we go:

01. Lockout Team Slayer

02. Lockout Oddball

03. Sanctuary Team Slayer

04. Sanctuary Capture the Flag

05. Warlock Team Slayer

06. Warlock Capture the Flag

07. Ascension Team Slayer

08. Ascension King of the Hill

09. Forge map #1 Team Slayer

10. Forge map #1 Capture the Flag/Assault/Extraction 2-Site

11. Forge map #2 Extraction 2-Site/Oddball

Forge map#1 most likely being symmetrical, Forge map#2 most likely being asymmetrical.

I would LOVE to see every gametype make it into rotation, the skillgap and longevity would be raype

Personally, I would replace Ascension TS with Lord Oddball. Otherwise, I agree with your list.

This may be a ridiculous question, but fuck it, will there be any additional DLC maps released for any of these games over the year.

Not really, when you consider how many maps MLG / competitive community actively used: Warlock, Beaver Creek, Midship, Lockout, Sanctuary.

That's 5, three of which we have as remakes. I'm sure the community can come up with at least two or three good Forge maps, which means only half or possibly less than half of the potential competitive/tournament maps will be Forged maps. That's a lot better than we've had with Halo: Reach / 4.

Oh yeah, forge maps. That always goes well. And forgive me, I completely forgot that no Halo game actually exists outside of MLG settings. Silly me!

Seriously, how do people not understand that the fanbase as a whole will quickly get bored of a game that only has 6 maps? It happened with CEA, those playlists were completely dead within a few months. The same will happen with H2A, guaranteed. Good luck getting anyone to give half a shit about H2A events next spring after the majority of the fanbase has already tired of it and moved to other games in the collection (and that's the best case scenario).

• Downvote (-1) 2

Is Halo CE multiplayer based on the PC or the console version?

or ask if the 180 glitch is in the game that would kill two birds with one stone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah, forge maps. That always goes well. And forgive me, I completely forgot that no Halo game actually exists outside of MLG settings. Silly me!

Forge's problems have been aesthetics and frame rate. With three canvases/pallets and the Xbox One hardware both of those issues should be resolved.

or ask if the 180 glitch is in the game that would kill two birds with one stone.

Theres an article somewhere stating something like "a lot of the work was already done for us with Halo PC" meaning it's based more off that than the original. Was the 180 glitch fixed there?

Theres an article somewhere stating something like "a lot of the work was already done for us with Halo PC" meaning it's based more off that than the original. Was the 180 glitch fixed there?

Yes, the 180 glitch was fixed on PC.

I read the same article, but took that line to mean they borrowed some of the solutions from the work of the PC devs. It doesn't necessarily mean that MCC is using the PC version as a base, it could just mean the MCC devs didn't need to put a lot of extra thought into solving problems, since those problems have been solved once before (and they would conceivably have access to the source/notes from the PC team).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Many Halo fans are disappointed because they wanted a more large map. I hope people in forge can satisfy the majority of people with good maps lol.

H2A runs off of a modified H4 engine? H2A has descope? Seems like the work is already done.

Heavily modified. 

If you want descope - go play CE, 2 or 3. Halo 4 doesn't have it, simple as that.

It was fixed in halo pc but i want that question answered over so many others for an entirely different reason. The inclusion of that glitch will confirm or deny whether the aiming in halo 1 will be like the xbox version. The shot delay in halo 1 is not enough to account for the amount you have to lead its the character model/reticle desynchronization. Thats why when you swipe snipe somebody it still seems like your bullets go almost straight there. your character model (which decides the path of the bullets not your reticle) is only shooting in front of them by a little almost unnoticeable amount. That was removed completely in hpc to allow the use of a M+kb. halo 1s aiming will change so much for the worse without it.