CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Okay now I'm impressed.

I expected another BTB map to "balance" the map pool for sure..

#WeBack

Ascension is a 6v6 map (well, let's be honest, Ascension is a shit map.) -- it was used for BTB extensively in H2 back in the good ol' days and had a much lower weighting for smaller playlist Skirmish stuff like 1 Flag because no one liked the map in 4s.  (It's really a Multi-Team map at best.)

Zanzibar is a BTB map.

Coagulation is a BTB map.

Lockout is a 4s map.

Sanc is a 4s map.

I'd say a 4v4 map should've been expected for "balancing" the map pool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warlock CTF was always one of my favs.  But I was kinda holding out hope for a Colossus remake.  I always thought that map was underrated and deserved a good remake.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So we got; Lockout, Sanctuary & now Warlock, eh? Maybe add in the Ascension with some forge edits, and we got our selves a solid rotation of maps for competitive customs. Pick up 1 or 2 community forge maps, and we're solid.

My excitement level for H2A just went way up. 

I could be wrong but wasn't this map a coin flip? I guess its better than it being some trash like Terminal but they could have made Midship instead...

edit: forgot to add I'm mostly talking about Warlock TS

IDK, feel like Warlock is something competitive community could have forged.

OTOH, Terminal is an amazing BTB map. Right up there with Blood Gulch, Waterworks, Headlong, & Rat's Nest IMHO. 

Regardless, this makes H2A 4v4 tournaments even more viable. 

IDK, feel like Warlock is something competitive community could have forged.

OTOH, Terminal is an amazing BTB map. Right up there with Blood Gulch, Waterworks, Headlong, & Rat's Nest IMHO. 

Regardless, this makes H2A 4v4 tournaments even more viable. 

Oh I know its a well liked BTB map I'm just a BTB kind of person :p

Pretty much confirms that these loser idiots are going to makes us play H2A for major tourneys instead of Classic. -________-

Lol you're seriously complaining about them giving us good maps for H2A. Kids will find anything to complain about, grow up.

OT: This is amazing news, 343i just keeps impressing me with each announcement on TMCC. With Lockout, Warlock, Sanc and forge its nice to know H2A might actually have some competitive potential alongside HCE-H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm alright with Warlock. Am I the only one though that would like to see Zanzibar as a 4v4 TS competitive gametype. I would really like to see how that would play out and how the routes and set ups would evolve if people were playing it competitvely. I like watching the asymmetrical maps.

I'm alright with Warlock. Am I the only one though that would like to see Zanzibar as a 4v4 TS competitive gametype. I would really like to see how that would play out and how the routes and set ups would evolve if people were playing it competitvely. I like watching the asymmetrical maps.

Yes, you are the only one. Trust me, if it's a Halo 2 map, it was tried competitively. Zanzibar is far too big, especially for TS. Not to mention tons of other reasons.

Yes, you are the only one. Trust me, if it's a Halo 2 map, it was tried competitively. Zanzibar is far too big, especially for TS. Not to mention tons of other reasons.

Zanzibar probably is too big but I still want to see a bigger map, at least one. A map where you can manoever around more.

Fuck yes, wanted warlock so much.  Even more excited to play this now.  Last thing I want fixed before I'm satisfied with H2A: medals

I wonder what the map element is.

I'm interested in this too, it's such a small map that the interactive element will have to be really unobtrusive. 

So we got; Lockout, Sanctuary & now Warlock, eh? Maybe add in the Ascension with some forge edits, and we got our selves a solid rotation of maps for competitive customs. Pick up 1 or 2 community forge maps, and we're solid.

I'm confident Ascension HIll and Extraction will play great with a fixed rotation.  If I were forging it, I would swap the OS and Big Tower Snipe spawns, and buff that weak ass OS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what the map element is.

I'd prefer this map not have one really... The others so far I don't mind, and I actually like the shield one on Ascension, but Warlock is such a small fast-paced map it seems unnecessary to throw anything else into it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warlock CTF was always one of my favs. But I was kinda holding out hope for a Colossus remake. I always thought that map was underrated and deserved a good remake.

Yeah. With the way they were pushing Team Snipes I was sure it was Collosus. I love Warlock and that it is a small map but I am slightly disappointed.

Seawall camping.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

there's a reason why i chose the word meta over strategy, depth and skill. its deliberately ambiguous and nonsensical that would make my statement true from implanting a none existent argument.

false

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you reckon we'll end up with for forge maps though? I'm worried we'll run with whatever maps SaLoT pumps out in week one. :/

What do you reckon we'll end up with for forge maps though? I'm worried we'll run with whatever maps SaLoT pumps out in week one. :/

Taiga remake inbound.

But seriously, I think we need a map with good verticality to round out mostly flat maps like Sanc and Warlock.

• Upvote (+1) 3