CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So yeah will there be theater in halo 2 anniversary or any way to save clips/gameplays at all? (sorry if this is already a thread lock this if it is)

idk if there will be a "Theater" (I honestly don't know why there wouldn't be one), but if there isn't, you can always do the "XBox Record That" option or use your gameplay DVR that comes standard on XBones. 

Just in case one of the aforementioned shitheads is reading this, here are the correct gametypes, don't fuck it up!

2v2 TS: 50 kills, no radar, ar/pistol start, suicide penalty 10 seconds

2v2 maps: Chill out, Prisoner, Hang em, damnation, derelict, rat race, battle creek and longest.

4v4 gametypes should all be to 5 minutes, 3 caps or 100 kills (50 is fine but 100s better IMO).

Chill out: oddball, ts

Hang em: Ts, CTF

Damnation: crazy king, CTF, ts

Derelict: Crazy king, Ctf

Battle creek: crazy king, CTF, ts

Wizard: CTF

Rat race: ts

Derelict CTF needs to go to 5 caps

Wizard needs to go to 5 caps, and needs Pistols weapon set, unless you want 2 rockets on that map.

Rat Race King, Flag, Ball, and reverse tag all play really well.

Dammy reverse tag.

Derelict Ball is fun

Snipers on HeH and Boarding Action is good fun too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since my Kinnect was such a piece of shit... how does the "Xbox Record that" feature work. It only caps a certain amount of the clip right? like the previous 30-45 seconds?

Looks like there will be plenty of room for capping Halo 2 and CE gameplays.

Since my Kinnect was such a piece of shit... how does the "Xbox Record that" feature work. It only caps a certain amount of the clip right? like the previous 30-45 seconds?

Looks like there will be plenty of room for capping Halo 2 and CE gameplays.

You have to configure it, so you can record...

The previous 30 seconds

30 seconds after the command

The previous 5 minutes

5 minutes after the command.

You have to configure it, so you can record...

The previous 30 seconds

30 seconds after the command

The previous 5 minutes

5 minutes after the command.

I set up my Kinnect, it shit the bed so I set it up again. It works fine but after a week it just BLOWS at any command. I begged my xbox to record a nasty clip I had for over 30 seconds and lost the clip. I eventually just disconected it all together.

Yeab MS has to have something in the works as far as pushing this game.

Probably waiting till the destiny hype cools.

Destiny hype is frozen bro.

the real reason why everyone is complaining about the marketing/advertising in regards to the MCC is because they don't want to admit that old school halo or halo in general isn't what it used to be, rarely do deals like the MCC come into fruition (especially in the console realm) so really if it doesn't sell well the fault will reside with the consumer's poor judgment and no one else's, don't pretend (once the MCC is released) that MS or 343i are to blame for its poor sales figures, people just can't admit defeat I guess.

Usually a month. 

Halo 4 went gold on September 27th ahead of its November 6th release.

what does it mean by "gone gold", everything is completed?

what does it mean by "gone gold", everything is completed?

Game is completely finished, ready to be printed onto discs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I set up my Kinnect, it shit the bed so I set it up again. It works fine but after a week it just BLOWS at any command. I begged my xbox to record a nasty clip I had for over 30 seconds and lost the clip. I eventually just disconected it all together.

Did you ajust the volume? Sometimes the kinect doesnt recognize the commands to the sound volumes (both from tv, game and your voice/room)

Just in case one of the aforementioned shitheads is reading this, here are the correct gametypes, don't fuck it up!

2v2 maps: Chill out, Prisoner, Hang em, damnation, derelict, rat race, battle creek and longest.

4v4 gametypes should all be to 5 minutes, 3 caps or 100 kills (50 is fine but 100s better IMO).

Theres almost zero chance they have a playlist this good. No way they throw casuals into the fire with no radar and pistol starts and they more than likely wont have multiple CE only playlists. So youre correct...but things never go right

dope...now put some weapons and location names on the pic and it would be perfect...similar to what gears of war does...

it wouldn't work the same way it did for gears because halo has forge and doesn't have the same level of consistency, the only way it could realistically work for a game like halo would be if they had some kind of a system in place that would essentially scan the map before the game starts (which would mean longer loading screens) and would display an accurate representation of the map then highlight the weapons/vehicles/items placed on the map.

Frankly they would be better off using waypoints instead.

btw location names didn't work either.

Did you ajust the volume? Sometimes the kinect doesnt recognize the commands to the sound volumes (both from tv, game and your voice/room)

Well, I use headphones so there's no volume coming out. I really just chalked it up to a faulty Kinect but idk.

Oh that's cool... Glad we are losing a feature I was really happy to have now that I don't have the bullshit that was not being able to use it without a "harddrive" 

If 343 gives us blank map overviews and symbols for each weapon and power up, forgers can create their own map overviews. Just package the overview data (x and y coords of weapons over the blank map overview) with the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it wouldn't work the same way it did for gears because halo has forge and doesn't have the same level of consistency, the only way it could realistically work for a game like halo would be if they had some kind of a system in place that would essentially scan the map before the game starts (which would mean longer loading screens) and would display an accurate representation of the map then highlight the weapons/vehicles/items placed on the map.

Frankly they would be better off using waypoints instead.

btw location names didn't work either.

it can work for matchmaking...which will be ran by 343....forget about custom games with a million and one different weapon layouts per maps based on user preference....playlists created by 343 will have a specific weapon set for each map that won't change every time you search the playlist....so showing where weapons are located will work....lockout's weapon layout won't change (other than sword being swapped for roxkets in H2:A) so 343 will have two map layouts for that map and could display it depending on which version of halo 2 you are playing...they also control what custom maps/gametypes get into matchmaking and will have time to look at the maps and can create new map layouts for those and implement them at the same time they add these new maps to the playlists in the game...

this is light work for them to do as far as matchmaking go...and location names don't work when you give them lore type names instead of just using callouts that the community use...that's literally the only issue with location names...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY likes the new loading screen?

1801205_838025359551582_3039911356785810

I honestly think they heard the community's bitching about the loading screen in H4 haha.

It would be amazing if we could do this with forge maps as well. It's such a pain to see a forge map come up in matchmaking and not remember which layout it was, or what the initial spawns were like, etc.

it can work for matchmaking...which will be ran by 343....forget about custom games with a million and one different weapon layouts per maps based on user preference....playlists created by 343 will have a specific weapon set for each map that won't change every time you search the playlist....so showing where weapons are located will work....lockout's weapon layout won't change (other than sword being swapped for roxkets in H2:A) so 343 will have two map layouts for that map and could display it depending on which version of halo 2 you are playing...they also control what custom maps/gametypes get into matchmaking and will have time to look at the maps and can create new map layouts for those and implement them at the same time they add these new maps to the playlists in the game...

this is light work for them to do as far as matchmaking go...and location names don't work when you give them lore type names instead of just using callouts that the community use...that's literally the only issue with location names...

weapon layouts change all the time, perhaps its different for an anniversary type of experience but even then I'm sure we'll see some community made playlists/gametypes, even still throwing out the custom games community is a big no-no in and of itself kind of hurts the idea, I get what you're saying but its limited and for a game like halo with tons of game options and forging (MCC has forging right?) it just doesn't bode well, what the guy above you suggested about forgers being able to draw their own maps makes more sense actually.

but yeah location names only work when they are actually useful, I believe in Reach they allowed forgers to put specific names for certain places on the map that would be seen on your HUD, maybe making that into something that was seen on the map before the game starts would work IDK.

Longest Cody? Come on man. Smashing two rocks together has more strategy and provides more entertainment than longest.