CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I just realized im spending over 400 dollars just to play halo 1 online.

Worth.

You and me both. If the online works well, then it will be the best $400 I have ever spent

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's because they know that it's just so great that they won't need to hype it. They really need to hype H2A to sell us on the fricken medals and H4 announcer, though.

Nobutseriously, I want to see that shit, too.

Halo: Combat Evolved: 95.54%

Halo 2: 94.57

Halo 3: 93.53

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary 81.92%

Halo 4: 87.61%

All of these will be apart of the Master Chief Collection

Halo: CE will have original Multiplayer and Story but will also have the ability to change to remastered mode in the campaign

(^This is why I Included Halo: CE Anniversary)

All of these ratings are from the release of the game not counting DLC ratings

The averages of all these games are 90.63% (Ratings are from http://www.gamerankings.com/)

Only thing is missing is the Halo 2: Anniversary ratings part of the Master Chief Collection.

It is unknown to me that they will rate Halo 2: Anniversary as a separate game or just rate the whole bundle as a single game as the "Master Chief Collection? Perhaps both

Also do you think they will re-rate all the other games again?

It's unsure if these numbers will be used to rate the overall game in anyway. This is just something to look at and think about

I'd imagine it will be treated as one game just like how games like Kingdom Hearts 1.5, but games like Metro Redux are a bit different seeing that you can either buy both of them or buy them separately online. 

That was a bit off topic but since it's one game with one unified UI then  I can see getting one rating with maybe H2A getting its own as well.

I'm not saying that I'm scared, but I'm a bit hesitant. At last years E3, The Xbox Briefing was great, it just didn't deliver, with the games, thus it's been in the shadow of the PS4 (in my opinion) ever since. So how well will the HMMC collection do? Those who don't know it well think Halo 2 Aniv is the new thing and that Halo 2 Classic isn't there. However towards release, will there be any marketing campaign for the HMMC, and will it encourage the sales of the Xbox One? 

For me, I just want the HMMC to succeed, Halo's had a drought lately and it's time for it to stand up. Question is, is will it be able to with the collection? Will the word on the street ring Halo again? Will we see a huge release for it at all? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to be that guy and say that I don't think it will do well with the general consumer right now because if I wasn't so invested into the gaming industry I wouldn't really know anything about the MCC or its existence because the marketing has been sub par so far and have not seen anything about it in public. 

Hopefully that changes closer to release

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All it needs is weapon spawns/times.

won't happen, in order for something like that to work they would have to create a system that accurately scanned and blueprinted each map and frankly its much easier/cheaper to do it this way, besides it would kind of ruin the mystery lol.

I'm going to be that guy and say that I don't think it will do well with the general consumer right now because if I wasn't so invested into the gaming industry I wouldn't really know anything about the MCC or its existence because the marketing has been sub par so far and have not seen anything about it in public. 

opposite to me. I see posts/discusions about it on non-halo sites, people in my local smash scene know about it and some are very eager to play, and then friends irl know about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd agree with this, the only T.V. commercial, or internet advertisement I have seen for MCC has been the ad where it's advertised along with 4-5 other games.  As far as I can tell, M$ hasn't spent any substantial amount of money to inform consumers about MCC, and all the great content that it contains.  So far it appears that M$ has relied on word of mouth, and social media to spread the word about MCC.  I understand that in today's age, both of these things can bring a lot of attention to a product. However, when you look at the amount of money Activision spent to advertise Destiny, you can see how much the advertising campaign for MCC has been lacking.

It's like you said, I hope that M$ ramps up their ad campaign for MCC starting next month.

• Downvote (-1) 1

At least once a week if I tweet about Halo: MCC, someone replies saying, "What's that?" so this is a legitimate concern. Hopefully we'll see some commercials, or at the very least YouTube advertisements come launch.

MCC Is not supposed to attract new users, Its purpose is to get the plebs to transfer over from the 360 to xbone and or keep players from jumping ship to the PS4. Microsoft has had online console gaming by the nutsack for the past 10+ years and their successful M.O. has been If you love Halo then your going to need to buy our new console to play the next version.

The reason people bought the original xbox was to play that really cool alien shooter you played at your cousin or friends house and you bought a ps2 to run over some hookers in GTA3. Same with the 360 Halo 2 was the greatest experince anyone could have playing online videos games and It was a no-brainer to buy a 360 to play Halo 3.

Microsoft doesnt need to advertise MCC If you go up to any gamer over the age of 20 and tell them that you could play H2 online with better graphics again they will answer when and how, plus with the addition of H1, H3, H4 and Anniversary people will no doubt buy a xbone to play this game. MCC singlehandedly brought those old crusty CE pros out of their holes to post on this no name forum when 343 hasent even shown one pixel of Halo 1.

Everyone is just paranoid because MCC seems to good to be true but if 343 pulls this off and all the games work the way they are supposed too then this game will be a massive hit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

it'll probably do very well.  it offers a huge amount of content, it comes with beta access to H5, it comes with nightfall.

I'm sure it'll get many old fans to buy an xbox one and many people who've never played Halo to check it out.

Just don't expect it to be the best-selling game of the year or anything, there's a ton of stuff this november.  I think Microsoft's lineup in e3 2013 was better than Sony's, and I think this year it was even better.  it's not going to be an easy fight, but I don't think microsoft will stay significantly far behind for too long.  

They've been getting better software sales despite falling behind in hardware sales, which imo tells me most people who own xbox ones also think that there's more cool games on there right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

won't happen, in order for something like that to work they would have to create a system that accurately scanned and blueprinted each map and frankly its much easier/cheaper to do it this way, besides it would kind of ruin the mystery lol.

Or I meant... they could just update the loadouts when they make changes, and leave the spawns/wep details out of custom maps that change them.

the review will definitely be of the whole collection.  and previous scores won't be used to average out the score or anything, no.  it's not like they're using the exact same reviewers who did it the first time, or like they were all done by one guy.

it'll be an evaluation of the whole package as it is today.

it'll probably do very well.  it offers a huge amount of content, it comes with beta access to H5, it comes with nightfall.

I'm sure it'll get many old fans to buy an xbox one and many people who've never played Halo to check it out.

Just don't expect it to be the best-selling game of the year or anything, there's a ton of stuff this november.  I think Microsoft's lineup in e3 2013 was better than Sony's, and I think this year it was even better.  it's not going to be an easy fight, but I don't think microsoft will stay significantly far behind for too long.  

They've been getting better software sales despite falling behind in hardware sales, which imo tells me most people who own xbox ones also think that there's more cool games on there right now.

yeah halo MCC is a great buy no doubt, but I agree with you that it likely won't be some kind of messiah for halo.

I wouldn't put your hopes up when it comes to the XB1 getting ahead anytime soon, I can't see any way short of amazing IP's (which Sony has always done a better job of) that would give the XB1 an edge, expect it be 2nd place at best this entire generation with some exceptions.

I would expect them to rate it mainly on how well the integration is presented, they'll likely judge it as a whole (maybe include impressions of halo 5 beta) and will be judged on how easy and seamless it is to go from one game to the other, if its easy and intuitive to go from playing halo CE to go to halo 2 MP and then on to halo 3 forge I think it'll do well in the eyes of reviewers but if its clunky and hard to understand the game will likely do poorer than one might hope. 

All it needs is weapon spawns/times.

A better and bigger overview of the map, with key locations of the map as well as power weapon/up spawn locations marked/named would be pretty helpful to newer players honestly. If theres enough room you could even do power weapon/up spawn times on the side. Could even be as simple/basic as color coordinated dots, with text written in the color on the side for weapons/power ups.

Or if they wanted to keep the hi-res images, put images of single key locations/power positions. Have it change on every loading or maybe even do a couple (depending on load times) in like a slideshow fasion. Ex; Show a shot of Big Tower then pan to Small, or Mancannon/Rockets and pan to Shotty etc. The images should show the specific location but hopefully show a bit of the map around it to help newer players get their bearings and know what it is when they see it in game.

They could even improve/incorperate the "helpful tips" that show up on the bottom of the screen, with talking about power positions/power up spawns or even something like general gameplay advice. "Are you having trouble winning on x map, try controlling x location, it may help you win games" or "Did you know the active camo power up is a key part of winning on *insert map name here*, it spawns every *insert time here* at *location*", with an ingame image of the spawn and enough background information for players to differentitate what they're looking at when they see it (probably for the first time) in game.

I dont know. /randomthoughts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY likes the new loading screen?1801205_838025359551582_3039911356785810

I honestly think they heard the community's bitching about the loading screen in H4 haha.

Yeah it looks great and like Moa said hopefully it's on ever game in MCC.

Chiron SWATguns will be a thing and you know it.

Plasma Rifle Corner has only 2 entrances.  The end.

Also, Boarding Action Snipers is the least of my worries.  That game is both fun and good enough for matchmaking.  I'm worried about anything on Chiron, 4v4 Priz, Oddball on any map with an abyss (30 sec play ball in case you didn't know), and Race.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just realized im spending over 400 dollars just to play halo 1 online.

Worth.

Nearing $600 for me. And I'm not even getting a Kinect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY likes the new loading screen?

1801205_838025359551582_3039911356785810

I honestly think they heard the community's bitching about the loading screen in H4 haha.

dope...now put some weapons and location names on the pic and it would be perfect...similar to what gears of war does...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also hear next to nothing about it. Unless you're following it, people don't have any idea what's happening. I know a lot of people at school here who have XB1's and know nothing about it. 

How long is it usually before release when a game is finished?  Surely MCC would be close now.

Usually a month. 

Halo 4 went gold on September 27th ahead of its November 6th release.