CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't think Pwnytar had played around with forging at all.

Pwnytar was the first of the two people named as KC's "Forge Consultant" for dealing with the MLG Forge Forums, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yea....construct is a very poor example of a halo map that has vertical gameplay. The majority of fights happen on the streets, O3/C3 and gold.

Vertical map?

Prisoner.

I think the best example of a vertical map would be damnation or prisoner.  Halo 1 in general had good vertical maps, but those really stood out to me.  Being on top is always important, but those maps are so focused around vertical movement and positioning, and fights can happen at the bottom without interference from players at the top.    

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the best example of a vertical map would be damnation or prisoner.  Halo 1 in general had good vertical maps, but those really stood out to me.  Being on top is always important, but those maps are so focused around vertical movement and positioning, and fights can happen at the bottom without interference from players at the top.    

i'd say damnation is a good example of verticality while prisoner not so much. prisoner relied so much on abusing the spawn system that the actual gameplay lacked any sort of meta while damnation revolved more around physical control of certain areas and trick jumps with power up nading promoting more potential meta and better balance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CE jump delay sucks and I doubt it's intended. While people may be used to it that's not an argument against changing it.

I kind of agree and kind of don't. I get used to it after playing for a while, but being that certain playlists in MCC will go from game to game, changing it might be in the best interest.

It's kind of the same as the whole crouching/grenade glitch, really.

jump -> turn >90degrees, shots come out @ 90degrees from where u were facing when u jumped instead of in the 91-180 degrees where you're aiming.

also happens when you get hit by grenades sometimes. don't know the specifics but I guess it "pops" u up and basically all ur shots go nowhere near where your aiming. It honestly looks pretty funny  when some1 has an assault rifle out and all their shots are just shooting into the wall

The glitch is that your player model isn't facing where you're looking and your gunfire is designed to come straight from the model, not your POV.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'd say damnation is a good example of verticality while prisoner not so much. prisoner relied so much on abusing the spawn system that the actual gameplay lacked any sort of meta while damnation revolved more around physical control of certain areas and trick jumps with power up nading promoting more potential meta and better balance.

false

• Upvote (+1) 1

false

there's a reason why i chose the word meta over strategy, depth and skill. its deliberately ambiguous and nonsensical that would make my statement true from implanting a none existent argument.

Literally never. 

I heard Halo CE is part of the DLC Series 3 pack. Your pistol is only TSK if you pre-ordered at gamestop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard Halo CE is part of the DLC Series 3 pack. Your pistol is only TSK if you pre-ordered at gamestop.

Maps consist of Forge* remakes of Desolation, Tombstone, Cold Storage, Beaver Creek, Warlock, and Avalanche. 

* Reach Forge palette used

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would imagine working on four games at once is something that makes it difficult to get everything finished up perfectly in time for feeding it directly into the hype cycle.  we'll probably see a trailer of all of them closer to launch.

Maps consist of Forge* remakes of Desolation, Tombstone, Cold Storage, Beaver Creek, Warlock, and Avalanche. 

* Reach Forge palette used

I know it's sarcasm but I still want to neg rep it into oblivion.

It's a real shame that the Halo 1 population isn't as big and popular.

When MCC comes out, 95% of my online play will be on Halo 1...

Excited is an understatement of the fun that game is.

I severely doubt there will be a 2v2 playlist and instead it will just be a 4v4 playlist.

I REALLY hope that there are not going to be any ******** game types in matchmaking like boarding action snipers or some dumb crap like that.

It's a real shame that the Halo 1 population isn't as big and popular.

When MCC comes out, 95% of my online play will be on Halo 1...

Excited is an understatement of the fun that game is.

I severely doubt there will be a 2v2 playlist and instead it will just be a 4v4 playlist.

I REALLY hope that there are not going to be any ******** game types in matchmaking like boarding action snipers or some dumb crap like that.

Just because Boarding Action Snipers isn't competitive doesn't mean it can't be fun.

Some of my fondest memories of Halo: CE are with goofy / fun game types like that.

Hang 'Em High Rockets was also kinda fun, as was Colossus Phantoms.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry that was a liiiiitle rude, but look I know for a fact people who are helping in the development of CE are on this forum..  If you and your buddies had alot of fun shooting rockets on HH that's great, but that's the last thing I want some shithead reading and taking into consideration at 343.  Don't fuck the game up, don't attempt to fix anything, make it work online as close as possible to the way it works on LAN for xbox.  Give me a 2v2 playlist with Chill Out, Prisoner, HH, Damnation, Derelict and Battle Creek on it, and take my fucking money!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sorry that was a liiiiitle rude, but look I know for a fact people who are helping in the development of CE are on this forum..  If you and your buddies had alot of fun shooting rockets on HH that's great, but that's the last thing I want some shithead reading and taking into consideration at 343.  Don't fuck the game up, don't attempt to fix anything, make it work online as close as possible to the way it works on LAN for xbox.  Give me a 2v2 playlist with Chill Out, Prisoner, HH, Damnation, Derelict and Battle Creek on it, and take my fucking money!

Trust me, everyone on this forum knows better than that. 

We've made damn sure. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY likes the new loading screen?

1801205_838025359551582_3039911356785810

I honestly think they heard the community's bitching about the loading screen in H4 haha.

I'm a fan - hopefully CE, 2, 3 and 4 get the same treatment.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY likes the new loading screen?

1801205_838025359551582_3039911356785810

I honestly think they heard the community's bitching about the loading screen in H4 haha.

All it needs is weapon spawns/times.

• Upvote (+1) 4