CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's not Scythe but it was something VERY similar. Hmm. Who made Scythe?

What canvas was it on? Four rooms is a fairly common design. Scythe was by Pa1nts. 

EDIT: Was it Serum?

What if Zanzibar and the remaining map that is to be announced can actually be forged into a competitive asymmetrical map featuring slayer and hill? Forgers tend to want to make their own map from scratch without giving any chance existing ones that might have potential.

Plus, maps designed by 343 always (!) will look better than forged ones, we had that discussion in Halo Reach.

Speaking as a forger: agreed 100%. If disc maps are workable, they should definitely be used. And certainly H2A's maps will be of higher quality than H4's.

My vote goes to having no forge maps in v1 and v2 settings. It'll give all the disc maps a good shot so we don't have to be playing bland forge map #3895 constantly.

It seems a lot easier to just use classic Halo 2 as the competitive game.

I like maps with swords lol

Naw bro, we should just forge grey maps like Reach because obviously H2 needs it and we need something to argue about.

Screw Forge for H2 man, we dont need it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Naw bro, we should just forge grey maps like Reach because obviously H2 needs it and we need something to argue about.

Screw Forge for H2 man, we dont need it.

Your absolutely right, Forge is meant for H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A construct map would be amazing.

I'm really hoping that the forge tools are improved with H2A. I was aiming for something of the same vein of playstyle of Construct with Orion (currently in Proving Ground BTW), but I just feel the design falls short. A good part of its short coming though has to deal with the ******** spawn influences in H4... I definitely plan on revisiting the design early in H2A's life.

I'm really hoping that the forge tools are improved with H2A. I was aiming for something of the same vein of playstyle of Construct with Orion (currently in Proving Ground BTW), but I just feel the design falls short. A good part of its short coming though has to deal with the ******** spawn influences in H4... I definitely plan on revisiting the design early in H2A's life.

It should be good, hopefully very flexible. 

It should be good, hopefully very flexible. 

Word has it better tools along with cleaner and more consistent textures. Less visual noise on the textures and different texture options would go a long way....

• Upvote (+1) 2

What I don't undestand is why would H2A be the competitive game when we have 13 more maps to choose from if we use classic Halo 2. Now, if 343 does go on to release a 6-map mappack, then lets certainly use H2A!

On topic: I like maps who support 1-Flag and 1-Bomb and have a the defensive team spawn in a fortress and the attackers attacking the beach. Maps like Zanzibar and High Ground come to mind.

Adrift

:frank:

I actually liked that map :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I don't undestand is why would H2A be the competitive game when we have 13 more maps to choose from if we use classic Halo 2. Now, if 343 does go on to release a 6-map mappack, then lets certainly use H2A!

On topic: I like maps who support 1-Flag and 1-Bomb and have a the defensive team spawn in a fortress and the attackers attacking the beach. Maps like Zanzibar and High Ground come to mind.

I was gonna say Station 9 but people seemed to like that as well. This was a tough trolling mission. Prolly shoulda said some Reach map

Because it's the shiny new toy that 343i will want us to play with. H2A will be the main competitive scene title, calling it now... Although I'd much rather it be CE Dubs. :/

On a more serious note, I want a map where there's two bases, where the objective area of the base (whether for flag or bomb) is on the ground level -- but there's a second level to the base that is essentially a ring around the base.  There's an upstairs entrance to the back of the base, and the front entrance of the base is on the ground level and is very open (probably able to see across to the enemy's base as well -- for initial game cross-shooting).

I went ahead and threw together a concept in Forge in about an hour -- note that this is just HALF the map (read: one base, one tower) thrown together as CONCEPT (read: Not finalized geometry because there's no point) and so sight lines, power weapons, geometry, etc. would still need major tweaking for a finished version.

Anyway, here's a link to some pictures: Mockingbird.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good news for MCC!

Forza Horizon 2 digital version releases at 12 Eastern, no longer Pacific. If this is the new standard for Xbox One releases, these will be the times for MCC

EST - Midnight

CST - 11 pm

MST - 10 pm

PST - 9 pm

GMT/EU/rest of the world - the end of time

Station 9 and Nexus are the two big ones I'd like to see.

Conceptually: I've always thought a Radial (4 way symmetry) version of Dispatch, without the snipers would be good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so who wants to remake salot while we're at it? we're going to need a new one if he isn't around. :frank:

does anyone know if our forge god is going to be around for h2a? he seems to be pretty silent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

when does 343 do their bulletin?

Late on Wednesday nights or sometimes on Thursdays.

Kind of depends on how busy they are with everything.

But I would say Wednesdays are your best chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we should be forging maps that recreate or reimagine Halo 2 maps the best.

Not to say that Halo 2 didn't have the best maps, but Narrows, Construct, and Pit are all unique designs that can be reimagined in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Late on Wednesday nights or sometimes on Thursdays.

Kind of depends on how busy they are with everything.

But I would say Wednesdays are your best chance.

thank you kind sir.

I wasn't aware there were any blank slates in H2A. Am I behind the times? How are you guys going to build these maps on top of the out-of-the-box maps?

Three blank canvas maps with no natural object on them, just skyboxes.

• Upvote (+1) 1