CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

all joking aside I def hope this game comes to PC.  it's good for everyone.  hope microsoft takes PC seriously now that they have new leadership.

the PC community has its rough edges but it's mostly pretty chill and welcoming.  and just look how cool Halo modding has been on 360, just imagine how much more crazy it'd be on PC.

So you get rekt by kids with controller because you absolutely suck at BRing with a mouse & KB, so that means it's 100% fact that it's controller > mouse & KB for H2V.

Hmmm. 

...so using a weapon that is more difficult (no AA, smaller reticule, no spread thus less room for error) is easier for you on a mouse & KB than using an easier weapon on a mouse & KB. 

And your fantastic 'proof'' of this...

.... is "go play sum h2v"

...and this kid as your ''witness"

Solid work guys.

Don't argue with things u literally know nothing about please :]  

So you get rekt by kids with controller because you absolutely suck at BRing with a mouse & KB, so that means it's 100% fact that it's controller > mouse & KB for H2V.

Hmmm. 

...so using a weapon that is more difficult (no AA, smaller reticule, no spread thus less room for error) is easier for you on a mouse & KB than using an easier weapon on a mouse & KB. 

And your fantastic 'proof'' of this...

.... is "go play sum h2v"

...and this kid as your ''witness"

Solid work guys.

lol it takes a lot more time to master br on keyboard/mouse than on controller. Yes, using the sniper is easier to kill on keyboard/mouse  because u only need one headshot.... also the mouse has much more precision to it so once u are zoomed in with the snipe u can obliterate anyone. That's why it's better too because on the controller it doesn't have auto aim so u don't get cheated by people who auto aim u. Don't argue with shit u don't know nothing about bro, you are on a hardcore halo forum.

Every single damn thread you find on the internet arguing about console vs PC, you always see stuff like "muh couch" or " muh big screen TV".

This isn't the 90's, you don't have to sit in a computer chair hunched over and look at a tiny monitor. I even use a recliner for my PC. And computer monitors and TVs are barely different nowadays so you can easily just use an HDMI cable from your PC to any new TV.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welcome Back! How's that PC? I am excited about the final map to be announced please be soon <3 I know for a fact it will be a good one though and not colossus :D

The PC is great! Red Orchestra, Counter Strike, LoL, and a few other great games will keep me busy for a while :)

PC MASTER RACE!

Yeah buddy! I'm absolutely loving my SSD. I almost have zero loading screens in whatever I do. It's so fast.

people arguing about h2a being the main game because of eSports and we are getting h1 info later this month I believe.

Also destiny had the highest amount of sales for a new IP ever. It didn't bomb, games better than BL2 IMO.

It flat out DOES NOT have the map pool to become the main game. I understand the logic in trying to get it out there, but it's just a few maps short when you can use other popular games like Halo 2 and 3. People who keep saying "main game" need to realize there will be tournaments for EVERYTHING (except Halo 4 lol). Yes, maybe 343 sponsors H2A tournaments at major conventions, but independent gaming leagues and online communities will be running tournies for CE, 2 and 3 a lot.

Also, Destiny did bomb critically. Are you kidding? Shit is like 75 on Metacritic. Bungie gave late copies to reviewers, warned against early reviews, and for what? To mask their mediocre game when raking in massive day one sales.

Last time I checked, Titanfall was like an 86 and Destiny was a 75. And Destiny had things that reviewers like more, like cooperative innovation and a single player.

That's bombing for a AAA hyped up release, and it feels sooooooo good.

Nah. I use my PC for better needs. Like Musical engineering, GFX Design and video editing and programming. All four in which I've been doing at an early age bud. 

Good luck with MCC on PC. 

God shit? Thanks for sharing?

If you prefer an outdated gaming experience (not to be confused with Retro)

for which you are currently overpaying for

that lacks many features available on a cheaper, superior platform

which is in turn enabling lazy devs to put out mediocre efforts in new IPs & sequels to great series we ALL enjoy

...which is holding back gaming as a whole

etc.

than by all means ''bud.'' more power to you.

It just enables me to look down on you or anyone else who willingly does that exact same foolish thing, and also the power to extract great amusement from it.

-_-  -_-  -_-  :P  :D  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

Don't argue with things u literally know nothing about please :]  

lol it takes a lot more time to master br on keyboard/mouse than on controller. Yes, using the sniper is easier to kill on keyboard/mouse  because u only need one headshot.... also the mouse has much more precision to it so once u are zoomed in with the snipe u can obliterate anyone. That's why it's better too because on the controller it doesn't have auto aim so u don't get cheated by people who auto aim u. Don't argue with shit u don't know nothing about bro, you are on a hardcore halo forum.

lol at you trying to push all that subjective bs as facts

Mouse has much superior precision aiming than joysticks, genius. Thus, naturally it is gonna be easier to BR on a mouse & keyboard - especially if you find it easy to SNIPE (which has a much smaller reticule and less room for error) with a m&kb.

Regardless of AA for joysticks and shots to kill. 

Rather, say "In my opinion, i find it hard to BR on M&KB because currently I lack skill at BRing in H2V. So I prefer a controller to aid me in my lack of skillful aiming."

(There's nothing wrong with your lack of skill.)

Using m&kb is always going to much more efficient in precision aiming. 

now go back to h2v

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd like it on PC too, but I know I'd play it mostly on X1. I'd love to see the mods people come up with, but I also want there to be healthy populations when I play with my friends on Xbox.

So idk.

God shit? Thanks for sharing?

If you prefer an outdated gaming experience (not to be confused with Retro)

for which you are currently overpaying for

that lacks many features available on a cheaper, superior platform

which is in turn enabling lazy devs to put out mediocre efforts in new IPs & sequels to great series we ALL enjoy

...which is holding back gaming as a whole

etc.

than by all means ''bud.'' more power to you.

It just enables me to look down on you or anyone else who willingly does that exact same foolish thing, and also the power to extract great amusement from it.

-_-  -_-  -_-  :P  :D  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

lol at you trying to push all that subjective bs as facts

Mouse has much superior precision aiming than joysticks, genius. Thus, naturally it is gonna be easier to BR on a mouse & keyboard - especially if you find it easy to SNIPE (which has a much smaller reticule and less room for error) with a m&kb.

Regardless of AA for joysticks and shots to kill. 

Rather, say "In my opinion, i find it hard to BR on M&KB because currently I lack skill at BRing in H2V. So I prefer a controller to aid me in my lack of skillful aiming."

(There's nothing wrong with your lack of skill.)

Using m&kb is always going to much more efficient in precision aiming. 

now go back to h2v

I use to compete in StarCraft for MLG a while back that's why I have a high end PC, but video editing and gfx design on my level takes a high end CPU as well as GPU. Let alone all the programs I run. A typical $1,000 PC can't do that alone. Not even a i7-4770k CPU runs the shit I do. I had to upgrade to a CPU that cost almost $900. 

If you want to talk specs then kys kid, I'd shit on you for how much I spend on my gear. 

I like how hostile you get when people nicely state it's a 50/50 for MCC on PC. 

Halo was meant to be on Consoles. It was also the start to what MLG is today. I don't even think sundance would have thought MLG Halo would be on PC, hence the nostalgia of playing it on Xbox is unparalleled. Please enlighten me on how great MCC would be on PC?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm afraid that doesn't matter my brethren. The money has been brought in. They don't care how awful or good the game is, all they here is the cash register going off. That's their language.

We don't communicate using words or sounds with devs. No amount of well thought out posts, vlogs, etc., is going to change anything.

How we fight back is by NOT buying mediocre shit.

Research. 

Why I go on about the master race shit everyone hates? PC gamers are far more informed about many subjects relating to games and technology. This makes most PC gamers more likely to do research before buying games and also makes them more critical about games. In other words, PC gaming has the potential to evolve gaming far beyond what we've ever seen, for cheaper. 

If you look at games like Call of Duty, they obviously cater to primarily casual gamers. These gamers mostly don't care or know little to nothing about FPS, resolution, refresh rates, etc. So what does this mean for devs on consoles? It means they can basically keep churning out the same thing (COD) each year and people might be a bit opposed or a bit upset but at the end of the day, they still get their money.

That scenario won't happen on PC. Ghosts came out on PC and do yall remember the fallout? This is one of the biggest reasons big game developers like consoles more; they're lazy and afraid to be called on bullshit.

Stop pre ordering/buying shit games because of hype and speak with your wallets.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I would have preferred Reach in the MCC rather than Halo 4. Reach was dropping the ball but when 343 came out with Halo 4, now that was screwing the pooch.

I use to compete in StarCraft for MLG a while back that's why I have a high end PC, but video editing and gfx design on my level takes a high end CPU as well as GPU. Let alone all the programs I run. A typical $1,000 PC can't do that alone. Not even a i7-4770k CPU runs the shit I do. I had to upgrade to a CPU that cost almost $900. 

If you want to talk specs then kys kid, I'd shit on you for how much I spend on my gear. 

^ says he has a ''HiGh EnD'' PC

^ rarely games on it and is more ''CoMfOrTaBLe'' playing on a V A S T L Y inferior console

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH AHAH HAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HAHHAH!

Goddamn that was a healthy laugh

Honestly

Whew

Got me looking like a fuckin lunatic in my house bruh

seriously tho, get off your dad's PC before you ruin it kid.

^ rarely games on it and is more ''CoMfOrTaBLe'' playing on a V A S T L Y inferior console

Honestly

Whew

Speaking of a healthy laugh.. this is so pathetic I'm tearing up lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly

Whew

Has a high end Gaming Keyboard, can't take finger off the enter key. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has a high end Gaming Keyboard, can't take finger off the enter key. 

If you consider a mechanical $15 keyboard "high end"

LOL

:frank:  :frank:  :frank:

Speaking of a healthy laugh.. this is so pathetic I'm tearing up lol

Tell me about it 

I'm still grinning like an asshole over here

I'd like it on PC too, but I know I'd play it mostly on X1. I'd love to see the mods people come up with, but I also want there to be healthy populations when I play with my friends on Xbox.

So idk.

When the PC gets wind of the entire Master Chief saga, it's gonna be monumental. We love gaming bundles.

I honestly believe MCC PC will outsell XBone copies easily 

And we have the potential to not only come up with much better stuff due to mods and whatnot, but to make it perfectly balanced AND accessible

Win-win for competitive Halo in my eyes

*sigh* as a hybrid gamer consoles and pc provide a different experience. gaming on a console is more laid back and social and playing on the pc is more competitive and intense. at least for me.

at the end it comes down to preference, console games are fine for lazy people that don't want to fuss about at the same time PCs are the most versatile and a good PC provides great visuals in games and can video edit, CAD and program on.

yes i would like to see TMCC on PC but i doubt that's going to happen because halo is the premium exclusive game for xbox and about the only reason to get an xbox. if it comes out in PC i would expect xbox's to just not sell and be killed by the ps4.

*sigh* as a hybrid gamer consoles and pc provide a different experience. gaming on a console is more laid back and social and playing on the pc is more competitive and intense. at least for me.

That's the thing tho. Consoles (save for Wii/Wii U) are trying to be pushed as "hardcore." And they want to charge premium prices for mediocre, lesser versions of games. not only games neither - accessories, hardware, etc. you can use it as a casual machine but you still have to pay (get robbed really) premium prices.

at the end it comes down to preference, console games are fine for lazy people that don't want to fuss about at the same time PCs are the most versatile and a good PC provides great visuals in games and can video edit, CAD and program on.

It doesn't come down to preference, it comes down to ignorance. And that ignorance isn't just affecting gaming, but a whole bunch of entertainment mediums. Like music for example.

yes i would like to see TMCC on PC but i doubt that's going to happen because halo is the premium exclusive game for xbox and about the only reason to get an xbox. if it comes out in PC i would expect xbox's to just not sell and be killed by the ps4.

Uh, halo CE and Halo 2 came out on PC. And that's when MS wasn't as focused on PC gaming as they claim to be today.

My gut tells me we're gonna see this collection on PC by 2016 for sure.

When will the day come when he'll get what he wants?

I think he is getting what he wants now.

People for him to argue with.

This thread is pure gold. Im dying over here.

But honestly, i read that whole pcmaster race thread on reddit that was posted. Good stuff got me really curious about a gaming pc now, especially seeing as there are ones that can do more than the current gen consoles for cheaper. I woulda never guessed. Only thing holding me back is PC ignorance and the fact that all my friends play xbox. I'll deff keep that reddit thread saved tho for later, in case i change my mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What peripherals do you NEED for gaming?  

Headset/mic? Cheaper on PC.

Controllers? Cheaper on PC.

You dont NEED a million dollar mouse & keyboard combo to game comfortably. You of course have the OPTION to upgrade to high tech things unlike on consoles, but it is not necessary, just like it aint necessary to upgrade your rig every year UNLESS you're an extreme enthusiast who wants the absolute best graphics in the highest of resolutions and framerates.

next

lol oh yeah? You can get a mouse, keyboard, AND MIC for free? Because thats its all free with the xb1

Yeah buddy! I'm absolutely loving my SSD. I almost have zero loading screens in whatever I do. It's so fast.

You made the right choice. #SSDMasterRace

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally feel that burst weapons feel like absolute garbage in any game other than Halo. I'd rather just have single-shot or full auto everything.

lol oh yeah? You can get a mouse, keyboard, AND MIC for free? Because thats its all free with the xb1

A mouse, keyboard, and cheap mouse will put you like $45 in the hole if you don't already have them.

Do you get online play with the Xbox One for free? Because it's fairly standard on PC to not have any additional costs.

You're actually paying for that mic. And you're actually paying for the controller.

lol @ you thinking MS giving away free technology that requires time & money to make 

u still pay $64 dollars or much more for basic online functionality 

PC guys begging for a console game to come to them. This pleases me. 

lolz? lolz. no one's begging for anything, sparky. i said MCC is definitely coming to PC, and that it will be glorious.

will bump when announced  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo: