CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is the Gandhi's thoughts on H2A video that was mentioned earlier. I'm really glad this community has a leader like Scott Lussier.

He says we should run H2A because it will "be the most popular game and help the scene rebuild the best" but those are assumptions not facts. I would not be surprised if after the first two weeks when the casuals leave for the new CoD, that H2 surpasses H2A in population or at least it evens out to be pretty close. Least we forget H2 is the COMPLETE H2 with all the maps and game-types untouched, or that H2 fkn made MLG what it is today, I think anyone who played it back in the day and followed the scene wouldn't settle for the H4 version of H2.

I will be greatly disappointed if H2 4v4/H1 2v2 is not the focus of tournaments, H3-H4 have been on XBL for years and had their time, I am done with those games for the most part. All I want to play is H2+HCE in the MCC, I am sure the hell not supporting an inferior H4 version of a game when I can play the original. Very surprised Gandhi is just brushing aside the MCC as just a "pit-stop" until H5, its pretty disrespectful to the legacy and core community of those games who see the MCC as a chance for those games to really thrive again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He says we should run H2A because it will "be the most popular game and help the scene rebuild the best" but those are assumptions not facts. I would not be surprised if after the first two weeks when the casuals leave for the new CoD, that H2 surpasses H2A in population or at least it evens out to be pretty close. Least we forget H2 is the COMPLETE H2 with all the maps and game-types untouched, or that H2 fkn made MLG what it is today, I think anyone who played it back in the day and followed the scene wouldn't settle for the H4 version of H2.

I will be greatly disappointed if H2 4v4/H1 2v2 is not the focus of tournaments, H3-H4 have been on XBL for years and had their time, I am done with those games for the most part. All I want to play is H2+HCE in the MCC, I am sure the hell not supporting an inferior H4 version of a game when I can play the original. Very surprised Gandhi is just brushing aside the MCC as just a "pit-stop" until H5, its pretty disrespectful to the legacy and core community of those games who see the MCC as a chance for those games to really thrive again.

It's speculation however you look at it.

Your theory of people wanting to stick with previous experience they know and love is as valid as Gandhi's that people will migrate to newest experience. What he's talking about in the video is the overall direction of competitive Halo which is a decision based on compromise:

• Developer - we've already seen two events for H2A with a third on the way so the intentions and beliefs of the developer are already laid out on the table. 'Onward and upward' is the message, which is understandable as these guys are moving into their next original title.
  • Top Level Competitors - fairly straight forward, they want to be playing in an acceptable consistent competitive environment (H3 is a perfectly reasonable cutoff point) and have the scene grow as much as possible. More viewers, more sponsors, more money and so on.
  • Competitive Community - completely undecided. Motivated by the progression of the scene but with a much harder stance on the acceptability of the experience.

How this is ultimately decided and how much weight you assign each group greatly depends on the experience the community wants to have or a more cynical outlook what they're presented with. It is realistic to expect that we will see online and offline events for H2 and CE driven by grassroots organization. What that won't have is the support and growth offered with the modern game, essentially the path of least resistance.

It is what it is, Gandhi isn't disrespecting the legacy of the games (of which he will certainly be playing the ever living shit out of) he's just being pragmatic coming from the perspective of the competitor i.e. success and growth is key.

@@Hitman @@careh

The one point he reiterated that I didn't agree with was that this MCC isn't going to have a long competitive lifespan. With all 4 Halos in the finest condition they've ever been in, I imagine there will be several online gaming leagues (and even leagues that run events) that use MCC after Halo 5 comes out.

However, Gandhi does have a point when he says Halo 5 will become the main competitive Halo when it launches. Silly to assume otherwise, I think. We've never seen a previous version of Halo or CoD that is used over the latest version in any refutable competitive gaming league over a season.

But like careh said, this is all heresay and speculation. Anything could happen, although it is likely to me (and Gandhi) that H2A will become the flagship game at events in 2015.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else here, other then fkdude, REALLY care that Console games are holding back the graphics ability/performance of PC games?

Yes. Lazy console ports make me cry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always wondered why they did this!! It was a small annoyance even for me at first, when H2 came out, but I got used to it of course... I might even go so far as to say that I like it the way it is now lol.

Has it ever been said anywhere as to why Bungie made this change?

It allows the viewmodel to seem more natural while having the barrel line up with the reticle.

I agree to disagree. I have played Halo 2 Anniversary, and my god is it great! Halo 4 Engine? Meh give or take, but man this is Halo and this game is amazing. When I say Halo I say Halo 2 looking sharp as John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. As you said "H3-H4 have had their time, well H2 had its time as well and is still being played through XBC and Vista today. I feel like the game that will be played the most is H2A. Gandhi pointed out a really good point when he said "the new shiny stuff is what people want to play". I agree here with him and mostly everything he said in the video. The shiny stuff is what a large amount of the community wants to play. Halo 1 on Xbox Live was never a thing, so I really could see this going forward more than the other games on the MCC besides H2A. Reason being is because their are some die hard Halo fans who love to death Halo 1 but is the competitive community that play Halo 1 going to out reach the causal community + the competitive community that play Halo 2 Anniversary? 

Anyways what I am trying to say is that the competitive community won't out beat the causal community and the competitive players who will be playing H2A. Just my two cents. :) 

Okay, I've been out of the loop recently. Just got my PC built woohoo!

Is there anything new we have learned in the last few weeks that you guys are excited about? Anything I need to be caught up on?

Also, it absolutely warms my heart that Destiny bombed critically. Nobody earned that quite like Bungie did.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there anything new we have learned in the last few weeks that you guys are excited about? Anything I need to be caught up on?

Also, it absolutely warms my heart that Destiny bombed critically. Nobody earned that quite like Bungie did.

Welcome Back! How's that PC? I am excited about the final map to be announced please be soon <3 I know for a fact it will be a good one though and not colossus :D 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Consoles are more ergonomical and socially acceptable. IDGAF about processing power or customisation, just let me sit back in my god damn chair and be comfortable (fk desks, keyboards and mice)

And fuck precise and unrestrictive controls, right?

Casual.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what, you can play a bunch of shit games for about 45 minutes each and then delete them?

Sounds like a thoroughly excellent use of time and money.

I feel sorry for people that do this. Must be extremely unfulfilling.

I have like 13 Steam games, and the one I play most is Total War: Rome 2. And yes, I can play it as max graphics 60fps on my 1440p screen.

But I would trade that in a heartbeat for the chance to play Halo 2 online again. Fortunately I don't have to as I can play both.

Sitting on my beanbag in front of my TV > Sitting at my desk playing my PC.

Ripping heads with good aim > flailing around helplessly and/or slowly and having the game aim for you because you've handicapped yourself with with a bad input device.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what, you can play a bunch of shit games for about 45 minutes each and then delete them?

Sounds like a thoroughly excellent use of time and money.

I feel sorry for people that do this. Must be extremely unfulfilling.

I know exactly what you mean bro

RE4 HD - $9.99

Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - $4.99

Bioshock Triple Pack - includes 1, 2 & Infinite - $10.56

Crysis 2: Maximum Edition - $4.49

Dishonored - $11.52

Hitman: Absolution - $8.54

Metro: Last Light - $10.35

Mass Effect 3 - $6.33

Far Cry 3 DELUXE EDITION - $10.35

F.E.A.R. 3 - $6.45

12 (TWELVE!) dope games less than for less than $90. On consoles, that's just ONE game and a DLC. LOLOLOL

I have like 13 Steam games, and the one I play most is Total War: Rome 2. And yes, I can play it as max graphics 60fps on my 1440p screen.

Mhm sure thing

you know damn well you just learned of 1440p yesterday strictly because of this thread. 

Nice try.

(and now your library will grow I bet thanks to the links I've blessed all of you with.

Thank me later.)

Sitting on my beanbag in front of my TV > Sitting at my desk playing my PC.

Hilariously enough, I do that exactly with my PC on my TV, with my glorious beanbag & xbox one controller - except unlike you I don't have to strain my eyes looking at ugly resolutions and frame rates that get slaughtered even by SMARTPHONES. BAHAHAHHAHAHHH

gg

PC MASTER RACE!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I know exactly what you mean bro

RE4 HD - $9.99

Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - $4.99

Bioshock Triple Pack - includes 1, 2 & Infinite - $10.56

Crysis 2: Maximum Edition - $4.49

Dishonored - $11.52

Hitman: Absolution - $8.54

Metro: Last Light - $10.35

Mass Effect 3 - $6.33

Far Cry 3 DELUXE EDITION - $10.35

F.E.A.R. 3 - $6.45

12 (TWELVE!) dope games less than for less than $90. On consoles, that's just ONE game and a DLC. LOLOLOL

Mhm sure thing

you know damn well you just learned of 1440p yesterday strictly because of this thread. 

Nice try.

(and now your library will grow I bet thanks to the links I've blessed all of you with.

Thank me later.)

Hilariously enough, I do that exactly with my PC on my TV, with my glorious beanbag & xbox one controller - except unlike you I don't have to strain my eyes looking at ugly resolutions and frame rates that get slaughtered even by SMARTPHONES. BAHAHAHHAHAHHH

gg

You can stop making your font bigger. Its just annoying at this point.

Also FEAR 3 is considered a good game? That game is the most generic shooter crap put out on the market. It lost everything that made the original good. The only praise that game should ever receive is for its co-op and even then its still not that great.

I agree to disagree. I have played Halo 2 Anniversary, and my god is it great! Halo 4 Engine? Meh give or take, but man this is Halo and this game is amazing. When I say Halo I say Halo 2 looking sharp as John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. As you said "H3-H4 have had their time, well H2 had its time as well and is still being played through XBC and Vista today. I feel like the game that will be played the most is H2A. Gandhi pointed out a really good point when he said "the new shiny stuff is what people want to play". I agree here with him and mostly everything he said in the video. The shiny stuff is what a large amount of the community wants to play. Halo 1 on Xbox Live was never a thing, so I really could see this going forward more than the other games on the MCC besides H2A. Reason being is because their are some die hard Halo fans who love to death Halo 1 but is the competitive community that play Halo 1 going to out reach the causal community + the competitive community that play Halo 2 Anniversary? 

Anyways what I am trying to say is that the competitive community won't out beat the causal community and the competitive players who will be playing H2A. Just my two cents. :)

H2A doesn't have the longevity factor. 6 maps is not enough to keep people interested. If they add DLC and prove me wrong, then whatever, but it doesn't seem too likely as they'll be pushing H5 Beta and then H5 a year later. Unfortunately, it seems people will flock to H3 and some to H2C/CE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

people arguing about h2a being the main game because of eSports and we are getting h1 info later this month I believe.

Also destiny had the highest amount of sales for a new IP ever. It didn't bomb, games better than BL2 IMO.

You can stop making your font bigger. Its just annoying at this point.

Also FEAR 3 is considered a good game? That game is the most generic shooter crap put out on the market. It lost everything that made the original good. The only praise that game should ever receive is for its co-op and even then its still not that great.

''the lost one.''

I find competitive gaming for FPS on PCs incredibly hilarious. 

If it comes to PC, so what? You'll tire out of it within months and go back to playing LoL. 

I own both Xbox and a high end PC. The only games I play on PC is Runescape. I use it for other types of hobbies that I enjoy. I don't get the same satisfaction playing FPS on PC then I do Xbox. 

I find competitive gaming for FPS on PCs incredibly hilarious. 

If it comes to PC, so what? You'll tire out of it within months and go back to playing LoL. 

I own both Xbox and a PC. The only games I play on PC is Runescape. I use it for other types of hobbies that I enjoy. I don't get the same satisfaction playing FPS on PC then I do Xbox. 

cuz your standards are obviously low.

cuz your standards are obviously low.

Nah. I use my PC for better needs. Like Musical engineering, GFX Design and video editing and programming. All four in which I've been doing at an early age bud. 

Good luck with MCC on PC. 

• Upvote (+1) 2