CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Does anyone else here, other then fkdude, REALLY care that Console games are holding back the graphics ability/performance of PC games?

LOL cute spin.

It's also enabling lack of real effort and creativity, and thus the quality and progress of gaming as a whole.

Now who here wants Halo 5 to kick ass and deliver?

I bet 95% of this forum doesnt even have a PC capable of playing the newest games in 1440p, on max settings, and still break 60fps... And no matter how hard to try, you can't build a PC capable of that for less then the $350 i paid for a xbone.

You paid $350 total - US DOLLARS - for the xbox one? Interesting. You got a free game and free XBL too with it?

Oh this should be good.

:lxthul:  :goat:  :lxthul:

My PC just cost me $1786 to custom build, by my own hand, but it will be relevant (maybe a GPU upgrade in 3 years) for the next 6+ years, like the xbone.

....?

I actually did get a free game and XBL. I actually got 2 free games, Diablo 3 ultimate evil, and Forza horizon. And because i spent over $300 at eb games, with my edge membership. I got a 1 year xbl trail free. So yeah, in like 16 months i will need to spend $60 for xbl again. But thats like buying 1 new game every year. So who the hell cares about paying for live, and playing pc games online for free.

So yeah... And whats the ? about? You jealous that i have money to build a relevant PC, and not need to upgrade anything in a few years just to keep up with the new games for PC, on the max settings @ 1440p, Like you praise so much.

And your question is a joke... Do we want Halo 5 to kick ass and deliver? Obviously, but it doesn't need to be PC exclusive for that to happen. You call me narrow minded, but you are the most narrow minded person i have ever discussed anything with on this forum. get over your self and your pc gaming.

I'm done here. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I actually did get a free game and XBL. I actually got 2 free games, Diablo 3 ultimate evil, and Forza horizon. And because i spent over $300 at eb games, with my edge membership. I got a 1 year xbl trail free. So yeah, in like 16 months i will need to spend $60 for xbl again. But thats like buying 1 new game every year. So who the hell cares about paying for live, and playing pc games online for free.

3919301+_133fad2b45538a72f14ca49defc5fce

Statements made without evidence can be easily dismissed without evidence.

So yeah... And whats the ? about? You jealous that i have money to build a relevant PC, and not need to upgrade anything in a few years just to keep up with the new games for PC, on the max settings @ 1440p, Like you praise so much.

Settle down there, sparky. I know your specs. And although they're honorable, it ain't nothin to be jealous of.

And your question is a joke... Do we want Halo 5 to kick ass and deliver? Obviously, but it doesn't need to be PC exclusive for that to happen. You call me narrow minded, but you are the most narrow minded person i have ever discussed anything with on this forum. get over your self and your pc gaming.

Jesus your strawmen are all over the place. I never said H5 needs to be on PC to kick ass.

But we as gamers need to stop bending over for these devs and getting wrecked. We need to speak with our wallets. Only then will the average quality go up. Common sense.

And a good start would be for all gamers to appreciate PC gaming and make the easy switch. All exclusives will come pouring into PC.

:goat:

I'm done here. 

Toodles.

• Downvote (-1) 1

PCmasterrace!

I've gone so far as to buy a XIM4 so that I can use my mouse and Keyboard to play Halo on :)

Halo will come to PC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really dont understand why we are "arguing about this". We are on the same side. All i was ever saying was; This is all you talk about, you try and convince people constantly to play PC games because of 1440p and insane graphics potential, and the large amount of digital content for lower prices. Well, and i know you know about PCs, Even MY PC can't play some games with max everything settings at 1440p and have 60+fps, so the VAST majority of the rest of these people will never be able to see all these benefits of PC gaming, other then the few things that are already in the works for the console scene (digital content and such).

I agree that we need to stop bending over to the devs and fight with our wallets, hence my new PC. But for most people, they dont have wallets that heavy. Or in my case, saved for over a year in plans of it. So they just go to next gen console for $400. And thats how its probably always going to be.

I said i applaud your dedication to PC gaming, and that you push it so hard. But man, this is all you ever discuss & your selling points arnt realistic for most people. And i acknowledge i shouldnt have said you were jamming it down peoples throats, as thats an incorrect statement.

That's all im saying. There really isnt any reason to hate and argue over this at each other. @@NahDudeFkThat

For real though, im done discussing this, and not just cause i don't want to go back and fourth with you anymore. This just doesn't need to be discussed in the manor we have been.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC will be playable again in two weeks at an expo here in NZ. No news on what will be playable or if anyone from 343 is coming over though.

Image showing reticule placement for all Halos. 

akww10p.jpg

I've always wondered why they did this!! It was a small annoyance even for me at first, when H2 came out, but I got used to it of course... I might even go so far as to say that I like it the way it is now lol.

Has it ever been said anywhere as to why Bungie made this change?

I agree that we need to stop bending over to the devs and fight with our wallets, hence my new PC. But for most people, they dont have wallets that heavy. Or in my case, saved for over a year in plans of it. So they just go to next gen console for $400. And thats how its probably always going to be.

... Now I'm convinced you're trolling my man

You don't NEED a $1800+ dollar gaming PC to outdo this generation of consoles. I proved you can build a gaming PC that can outperform an xb1 AND PS4 within the budget of today's consoles.

I expect more from you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi uploaded a video earlier outlining his thoughts about h2a and that he thinks sprint will probably be in halo 5 but with things added so it will be balanced. Quinn DelHoyo has just tweeted that it was a very good video and retweeted it.

Taking that as a very strong hint of SPRINT being in halo 5. And that he was probably spot on about H2a being pushed as a competitive game and what the communities response should be.

... Now I'm convinced you're trolling my man

You don't NEED a $1800+ dollar gaming PC to outdo this generation of consoles. I proved you can build a gaming PC that can outperform an xb1 AND PS4 within the budget of today's consoles.

I expect more from you.

Will it be able to compete with the releases on the Xb1 and PS4 3 years from now? Because you know the graphics on the consoles will get better over time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi uploaded a video earlier outlining his thoughts about h2a and that he thinks sprint will probably be in halo 5 but with things added so it will be balanced. Quinn DelHoyo has just tweeted that it was a very good video and retweeted it.

Taking that as a very strong hint of SPRINT being in halo 5. And that he was probably spot on about H2a being pushed as a competitive game and what the communities response should be.

Here's the deal with MCC, people that are old school don't really give a shit about doing what 343i would ideally have them do eg: h2a. Old school players have waited so long to play what they want in h2 or CE that they're absolutely not going to be playing h2a more. It just doesn't look nearly as fun as classic h2 and CE, plain and simple. It's an h4 engine, it looks a little clunky, doesn't have glitches and only has a few maps. I'm going to be playing h2 and ce because that is what will be most fun, we NO LONGER ARE FORCED to play a halo game that sucks balls.

• Upvote (+1) 7

H2A being pushed by 343i as competitive game shouldn't come as a surprise, as they have already held two pre-release tournaments. I think it's clear that they intend to push H2A in order to build up the hype for Halo 5's release.  I still do not want to believe that 343i is going to put sprint into H5.  But between Quinn DelHoyo's retweet of Gandhi's video, and his defense of sprint in H4, I think it's starting to look more and more like it will (unfortunately) be in H5.

Here's the deal with MCC, people that are old school don't really give a shit about doing what 343i would ideally have them do eg: h2a. Old school players have waited so long to play what they want in h2 or CE that they're absolutely not going to be playing h2a more. It just doesn't look nearly as fun as classic h2 and CE, plain and simple. It's an h4 engine, it looks a little clunky, doesn't have glitches and only has a few maps. I'm going to be playing h2 and ce because that is what will be most fun, we NO LONGER ARE FORCED to play a halo game that sucks balls.

This.

After they took h2 off xbl I stopped playing video games, I knew one day it would be back and thats all i have ever wanted to play so I definitely have no intentions of logging a single match of anything other than hce & h2.

This.

After they took h2 off xbl I stopped playing video games, I knew one day it would be back and thats all i have ever wanted to play so I definitely have no intentions of logging a single match of anything other than hce & h2.

Yep and here's the thing that's weird to me: 343i would still sell JUST as many copies of halo 5 if it didn't have sprint. It's the halo brand and Microsoft marketing that will sell halo 5, NOT features, they're irrelevant. It's sad that Quinn is still defending halo 4. That's cognitive dissonance at its finest.

I've always wondered why they did this!! It was a small annoyance even for me at first, when H2 came out, but I got used to it of course... I might even go so far as to say that I like it the way it is now lol.

the only reason i can think of is to compensate for the camera being placed on the head of the player so the reticule is at eye level.

They claimed it gives the player more vision above them because Halo has so much verticality. You know, since every other FPS in the world is doing it wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will it be able to compete with the releases on the Xb1 and PS4 3 years from now? Because you know the graphics on the consoles will get better over time. 

No the graphics will NOT improve noticeably on the XB1 & PS4, it's already been optimized from the jump unlike last gen, and if they did, then yes the PC you build today for the price of today's consoles would still be better than consoles.

Once again. The consoles of today have already been optimized thanks to it's architecture being similar to the PC's (x86). Like I said, it aint gonna get better than 720p 60fps medium graphics.

I wonder if push to talk will still be a thing or if they will update it and also add party support? I'm neutral as I don't think it's a huge deal really but if they change things like this they might change other things as well. God I cannot wait for this to come and my biggest fear is I'm gonna die before I get to play lol

I wonder if push to talk will still be a thing or if they will update it and also add party support? I'm neutral as I don't think it's a huge deal really but if they change things like this they might change other things as well. God I cannot wait for this to come and my biggest fear is I'm gonna die before I get to play lol

For H2C, you can bet your ass I'll never be in a party chat. I want to finally trash talk to the other team in ranked matchmaking. Been too long since I've gotten to do that. Since it's a carbon copy, I'd imagine it still be in the game, but we'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For H2C, you can bet your ass I'll never be in a party chat. I want to finally trash talk to the other team in ranked matchmaking. Been too long since I've gotten to do that. Since it's a carbon copy, I'd imagine it still be in the game, but we'll see.

haha true or if they thought it through like matchmaking no parties and custom games have the option. But yeah well see. Great point though can't wait lol

the only reason i can think of is to compensate for the camera being placed on the head of the player so the reticule is at eye level.

yeah, but even then it's slightly off.  the camera is way lower than the actual model's head.  If the FOV was big enough they could just put the reticule where it should be and map the camera directly to the head, and then they wouldn't have to create first person animations separate from the model.

That's actually part of why ADS is so popular: it's an excuse to actually physically bring your view down in line with the gun, so it makes sense that the crosshairs are in the center of the screen.

technically Halo's zoom works on the same principle, since the idea is it's based on a live video feed from the gun's scope.

This is the Gandhi's thoughts on H2A video that was mentioned earlier. I'm really glad this community has a leader like Scott Lussier.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1