CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Thanks. I hate JiP with a passion.

Agreed, JIP was a horrible addition to the Halo series, I am glad that it won't be making an appearance in MCC.

I don't think you're too far off! I think they're definitely going to have a TS playlist and an objective playlist for each game respectively. Other than that, to me, it's all up in the air. I imagine we'll see doubles, but guessing anything else would just be speculation.

There should be TS (4v4), OBJ (4v4), and Doubles for each game, really. The only game that I can see Doubles not being included in is Halo 2, since it wasn't really a draw for the game like it was in Halo CE, Halo 3, etc.

But in a perfect world we'd have those three playlists for each game + 1 "wild card" playlist that is best suited for that title (e.g. CE Snipers or Rockets, H2 FFA, H3 Snipers, Halo 4 SWAT, etc.).

Just had a thought: in H2 if you played split screen on 720p, the screen was split vertically instead of horizontally, and it couldn't be changed in the settings. Not that I'm going to play a lot of split screen, but since this is a carbon copy, isn't this still going to be in Halo 2 on the MCC? :(

Just had a thought: in H2 if you played split screen on 720p, the screen was split vertically instead of horizontally, and it couldn't be changed in the settings. Not that I'm going to play a lot of split screen, but since this is a carbon copy, isn't this still going to be in Halo 2 on the MCC? :(

Not likely. Not only does 1080p (native) change things, but as does the fact that the game's aspect ratio is now 16:9, not 4:3.

they said on the firsts day with ign thats its going to be horizontal for campaign at least

So you get rekt by kids with controller because you absolutely suck at BRing with a mouse & KB, so that means it's 100% fact that it's controller > mouse & KB for H2V.

Hmmm. 

...so using a weapon that is more difficult (no AA, smaller reticule, no spread thus less room for error) is easier for you on a mouse & KB than using an easier weapon on a mouse & KB. 

And your fantastic 'proof'' of this...

.... is "go play sum h2v"

...and this kid as your ''witness"

Solid work guys.

Controllers help with aim assist. Sniper is easy in H2V because of large hitboxes and bullet magnetism - not aim assist. kid. Halo 1 doesn't have this problem, and fits much better with mouse and keyboard. 

Controllers help with aim assist. Sniper is easy in H2V because of large hitboxes and bullet magnetism - not aim assist. kid. Halo 1 doesn't have this problem, and fits much better with mouse and keyboard. 

''Sniper is easy in H2V because of large hitboxes and bullet magnetism - not aim assist''

Then the BR should be even easier since it features a bigger reticule with the same hitboxes, more room for error, and probably the same or more bullet magnetism.

Genius

• Upvote (+1) 1

''Sniper is easy in H2V because of large hitboxes and bullet magnetism - not aim assist''

Then the BR should be even easier since it features a bigger reticule with the same hitboxes, more room for error, and probably the same or more bullet magnetism.

Genius

Did you miss the part about aim assist? Learn to read. 

With the H2V sniper, you can lead your shot by a lot, and still have it hit. It differs for each weapon. Won't get that with BR or CC... try it man. Have you ever played it? Mr. PC Elitist spends more time talking than playing, about a game which isn't even "top 100", yet he obsesses about it.  :trash:

Edit: Summary. There is aim assist in H2V that you can't take advantage of with K&M. Sniper is still ridiculously easy because of other factors. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Please go on h2v and use ur keyboard and mouse and try to 4 shot someone please. Thanks.

The very fact you're talking about aim assist as a requirement with controller based aiming makes it an awful point.

Again, you're talking about aiming crutches to someone whose entire point in his own words is "Fuck anyone who supports mediocrity".

I know it's hard because he's doing the internet version of shouting but there are reasonable points of discussion that don't include sinking to that level or trying to match point for point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love these anti PC people in here. It's like people who go around and key a really nice car in the parking lot because they are jealous or something.

I know most people wont read any of this because they simply would rather live in ignorance but here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

Actually a really good list to read up on, the switch is a lot easier than most people think.

I'm buying an X1 just for the MCC however, I have to have it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I want "nahdudefkthat" to stop trying to jam PC gaming down the throats of a clearly heavily Console based group of gamers... But we don't always get what we want, do we? 

I am in 100% agreeance with you dude. but really, it's just annoying how much you try and change everyones choice in gaming. People will play on what they want to play on. Regardless of price, hardware performance, convenience or overall quality of games/gaming.

I too want MCC on PC at some point, I just built a $1800 rig to play EVERYTHING for years to come. But i'm not going to sit here replying to every post saying they enjoy console more, and start listing off reasons they're dumb and should be on PC.

I applaud your dedication to your "pc master race", but it's really getting old.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I want "nahdudefkthat" to stop trying to jam PC gaming down the throats of a clearly heavily Console based group of gamers... But we don't always get what we want, do we? 

I am in 100% agreeance with you dude. but really, it's just annoying how much you try and change everyones choice in gaming. People will play on what they want to play on. Regardless of price, hardware performance, convenience or overall quality of games/gaming.

I too want MCC on PC at some point, I just built a $1800 rig to play EVERYTHING for years to come. But i'm not going to sit here replying to every post saying they enjoy console more, and start listing off reasons they're dumb and should be on PC.

I applaud your dedication to your "pc master race", but it's really getting old.

If you see it as simply me trying to ''jam PC down people's throat,'' you're narrow-minded on this subject bro.

Read the thread.

No Halo fan really cares about MCC on PC except like 5 people including the OP, so he can brag about playing it on "master-race hardware" with the 5 thousand people or so who would be playing it on there instead of the Xbox. That is the real reason why the MCC probably wont come to PC, its a "console port" so PC elitists wont touch it, and M$ needs Halo as an exclusive to help sell XB1's.

I would buy it for mods if nothing else, but it would be a lesser community on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you see it as simply me trying to ''jam PC down people's throat,'' you're narrow-minded on this subject bro.

Read the thread.

I have read the entire thread, And most of the "next gen thread". All you do is constantly try and convince people to go to PC games, when they clearly don't want to, over and over and over again. And as soon as someone says some thing random about PC gaming, You go into a 100 word essay on why they don't know anything, and PC gaming is better.

How could i possibly be narrow minded on this subject? That doesn't even make sense... Especially when i agree with you 100%. PC gaming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Consoles in every single way. MCC on PC would be awesome. but man, this is all you do on here basically.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No Halo fan really cares about MCC on PC except like 5 people including the OP probably, so he can play with the 5 thousand people or so who would be playing it on there instead of the Xbox. That is the real reason why the MCC probably wont come to PC, its a "console port" so PC elitists wont touch it, and M$ needs Halo as an exclusive to help sell XB1's.

After the MCC sales die down MS will release it on PC and create an even bigger fanbase because NO ONE I know would NOT want that collection on the PC.

Seriously, everyone everywhere wants it.

MCC is an amazing package no gamer would refuse, no matter how lesser it is to the PC heavy hitters.  :Halo:  :Halo:  :Halo:  :kappa:  :walshy:  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have read the entire thread, And most of the "next gen thread". All you do is constantly try and convince people to go to PC games, when they clearly don't want to, over and over and over again. And as soon as someone says some thing random about PC gaming, You go into a 100 word essay on why they don't know anything, and PC gaming is better.

How could i possibly be narrow minded on this subject? That doesn't even make sense...

Once again, re read the thread. 

''It does not change the fact that you can build a PC that runs better than any console for cheaper, thus making consoles overpriced. It doesn't change the fact that consoles are forcing devs to half-ass PC games & ports, thus holding gaming back. It does not change the fact that because of these lazy scumbag devs wanting to cater to the lowest common denominator (consoles), we all are forced to settle for mediocre efforts in titles nowadays.''

My beef is with games nowadays lacking creativity and quality because of lazy devs catering to the lowest common denominator for max profits. Console gaming wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't directly cripple the hobby I enjoy by holding it back and preventing it from progressing.

^ That's your issue alone. And it's something you should get the fuck over. Console are never going anywhere, for many reason. They are always going to hold back your beloved PC gaming experience. So just get over it. Like i said, this shit is all you ever talk about.

PC will always be the best platform, but console are never going to die. PC gaming may be cheaper in the long run, But consoles are FAR cheaper up front. Unless you want to build a $600-800 rig that will be crap come 3 years from now. and need to be upgraded with new GPU and CPU, costing you near the price xbone anyways. Just to play the newest, up to date, graphically intense games. Where a xbone will probably be around, and only improving its quality of games for probably the next 6 years.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I agree with @@Philosopher, and PC exclusive gamers cant constantly berate console gaming/shooters and throw a tantrum when a PC exclusive game gets released to consoles, and then expect console exclusives to come to PC when its the less popular platform for shooters and has issues with piracy and hackers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

^ That's your issue alone. And it's something you should get the fuck over. Console are never going anywhere, for many reason. They are always going to hold back your beloved PC gaming experience. So just get over it. Like i said, this shit is all you ever talk about.

**Chuckles and slaps knee** 

You've seen it countless times with the downgrade in quality in Halo. Affects me only? Really. 

How many times has this community gone up in arms about the downgrade in quality in Halo? Come MCC, how big do you think the wars arguing between using HD CE vs H2A vs HD H2 vs. HD H3 gonna be?

LOL

PC will always be the best platform, but console are never going to die. PC gaming may be cheaper in the long run, But consoles are FAR cheaper up front. Unless you want to build a $600-800 rig that will be crap come 3 years from now. and need to be upgraded with new GPU and CPU, costing you near the price xbone anyways. Just to play the newest, up to date, graphically intense games. Where a xbone will probably be around, and only improving its quality of games for probably the next 6 years.

Everything you just said is 100% false and I expect better from you, Philosopher.

That build I provided outlasts the XB1 and PS4. At a lesser price "Up FrOnT." It will continue to run games in 1080p and 60+fps years down the line, with the options to upgrade the CPU and/or GPU. Only difference is you're gonna have to turn down the graphical settings down as the years pass, but no matter because the lowest of the lowest settings in the AAA games 5-10yrs in the future will looking vastly superior to the highest of the graphics settings of the best games today.

As for the xb1/ps4 improving their quality down the line - HA! The devs have already figured out the architecture of the console of today, meaning it's already optimized, unlike the last generation's hardware where it took some trial & error for them to get quality results right on consoles. That means the games featured today on ''next gen' consoles are probably already as good as it's gonna get, ever. 

There's only so much you can do with 798p/900p, 30fps/sometimes 60fps cap, on medium graphical settings.

Meanwhile, ''medium'' to gamers with gaming PC's is going to improve and improve.

Does anyone else here, other then fkdude, REALLY care that Console games are holding back the graphics ability/performance of PC games?

I bet 95% of this forum doesnt even have a PC capable of playing the newest games in 1440p, on max settings, and still break 60fps... And no matter how hard to try, you can't build a PC capable of that for less then the $350 i paid for a xbone.

My PC just cost me $1786 to custom build, by my own hand, but it will be relevant (maybe a GPU upgrade in 3 years) for the next 6+ years, like the xbone. (That cost is a bit inflated because i live in Canada. Probably like $1400 PC for an american to build)