CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

been a long time since i read a post full of such beautiful combinations of words that illustrate how big of a ignoramus its composer is

you can easily game on a PC from the exact same chair/couch/bed with the exact same controller on the exact same TV as you do on your console

And compete with kb&mouse users?

I mean I dont care that you like PCs, im not ignorant to their advantages, but I like the carefree and comfortable experience console provides.

Ive never had a sore back/neck or wrist/fingers from console, never raged at how laggy it runs, never had to worry about what programmes to download, and never had to worry about viruses or anything.

Stressfree is why console wins in my books.

Good hustle. P.S. I like ur OP

• Downvote (-1) 2

Unfortunately I live in a very small area of Northern California and the Halo community here is almost 0 / most of the people I started with have moved to cod and probably aren't even aware of MCC.

I might need to change that lol.

I hope my gamestop holds a MCC tournament for the midnight release.

I'm hoping for more tournaments in the southwest Florida area (specifically, Tampa).

That's about it.

And compete with kb&mouse users?

Ahaha! Now all of a sudden you're competitive & care about fairness? Didn't you just say you like the ''carefree and comfortable experience console provides?'' 

Carefree = casual, so why do you care if you get demolished by the KB&M master race?

im not ignorant to their advantages,

Ohhh I'd say you are as I just proved in my first response to you.

Ive never had a sore back/neck or wrist/fingers from console, never raged at how laggy it runs, never had to worry about what programmes to download, and never had to worry about viruses or anything.

Do you worry about any of those things on your current PC right now?

Who here neglects their PC and doesn't do maintenance on it? Hell, who here neglects their console? Do people just sit there and watch their PC & console just get a coat of dust and malware etc?

Only idiots. Windows Defender (comes with Windows) makes sure everything is up to date and clean. It just requires you to use common sense and listen to its recommendations & advice. 

Anyone with a brain would choose those tiny inconveniences (to idiots of course) over overpaying for hardware & software that run much inferior to a PC built within the same price range or less that feature much more exclusives and superior ports. Not to mention superior dev support, superior communities, superior replay value due to mods, and superior options.  

All for the same price or less of a "NeXt-GeN" console.

Stressfree is why console wins in my books.
Good hustle. P.S. I like ur OP

Actually, low resolutions and low frame rates (30fps) are proven to strain your eyes & head over extended play than high resolutions & high frame rates. 

Stressfree... yeahhhh I think not.

Optimism.dll: Download Complete!

u go grrl

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's the thing though. Release MC collection on PC, PC players catch up on the Halo legend, generates hype for XB1-only Halo 5, PC players buy H5 XB1 bundle to continue Halo

PC fanbase dwarfs console fanbase and microsoft clearly knows this

So I take it you're not getting a Xbox One for the MCC? What if you don't get your MCC PC release? 

When Halo 5 drops, what will make the PC Halo community all of the sudden switch and buy an XB1? I'm guessing most will just sit around hoping and wishing for a PC release.

Why not just get the XB1 for the MCC collection and 'catch up on the Halo legend' on the platform with the largest player population?

Oh never mind, you already answered my question when you admitted to being a 'PC elitist' in the OP.

I'm not mad, just wondering. I have no problem with you not coming to the console community.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know I'm a PC elitist but even I'm stoked as hell for this collection (when it eventually comes to the PC of course ; ) )

Don't call yourself a PC elitist , it makes you sound like an idiot. And it will never come out for PC. EVER

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I take it you're not getting a Xbox One for the MCC? What if you don't get your MCC PC release? 

lol fuck no. I work hard for my money and I understand the value of things bruh.

That's $500 dollars plus $120 for LIVE & MCC (which equals $620+) that I can use towards my glorious PC in an upgrade.

I can upgrade from my 27" IPS [email protected] monitor to an even better 144hz IPS 27" 1440p, or grab me a 4K monitor

OR

I can grab one of these amazing Intel i7 5960 Extreme CPUs with a new x99 motherboard

or the new, monstrous GTX 980 dropping soon.

AND STILL HAVE MONEY LEFT OVER FOR AN INSANE SHOPPING SPREE ON STEAM!

When Halo 5 drops, what will make the PC Halo community all of the sudden switch and buy an XB1? I'm guessing most will just sit around hoping and wishing for a PC release.

LOL @ thinking that's all we do, wait for Halo. I already have Halo CE on PC so I got my Halo fix. Halo is cool but not even top 100 by today's standards. 

We'll somehow manage with all of the PC exclusives available and the upcoming ones as well.

Why not just get the XB1 for the MCC collection and 'catch up on the Halo legend' on the platform with the largest player population?

To recap, I'm not paying $620 dollars for an outdated piece of hardware AND software when vastly superior options are available to me, FOR CHEAPER. Maybe if the MCC doesn't drop on PC (it will) and when the XB1 drops price to $100 I may consider it for MCC, but currently the idea of dropping more than half a grand on XB1 just for MCC is beyond   :beyond:   silly.

:Halo: 

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Wasn't there just a deal where you got a free game with the purchase of any Xbox One? How much is a typical AAA new release on Steam? Subtract that amount from $400 and build me a PC better than the Xbox One with the remaining money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't there just a deal where you got a free game with the purchase of any Xbox One? How much is a typical AAA new release on Steam? Subtract that amount from $400 and build me a PC better than the Xbox One with the remaining money.

Not to mention the savings from people split-screening, instead of buying two gaming laptops.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is cool but not even top 100 by today's standards. 

Nice try to make it seem like you won't be completely butthurt if you don't get MCC or Halo 5 on PC  :lol: 

2. Frankie said that currently they are ''focusing on the XB1 release, but that does not mean that a PC release is impossible - it's up to microsoft"

I'm curious, how does one come to the conclusion that there definitely will be a PC release from a statement like that? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice try to make it seem like you won't be completely butthurt if you don't get MCC or Halo 5 on PC  :lol: 

I'm curious, how does one come to the conclusion that there definitely will be a PC release from a statement like that? 

False hope.

Halo MCC is releasing with Red Dead Redemption on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wasn't there just a deal where you got a free game with the purchase of any Xbox One? How much is Destiny on Steam? Subtract that amount from $400 and build me a PC better than the Xbox One with the remaining money.

If Destiny was on Steam it'd run for about $60 in the first week no tax and then drop with Flash Sales, Summer Sales, Holiday Sales etc - probably a drop of 25% - 75% off original price. While it'd stay at $64 on XB1/PS4 that entire time lolz

We can start with a game comparable in many many ways to Halo - Crysis 2: Maximum Edition (which I just bought for $5 on g2a.com)

Xbox One console: $432

+

Xbox LIVE 1yr: $64

+

Destiny: $0

$496

Are they gonna be doing that special for you for MCC as well? No? Oh that's too bad. That's an extra $64 you're gonna have to shell out 

$496 + $64 = $570

Buy Crysis 2: Maximum Edition off G2A: -$5

Now your total budget for an XB1/PS4 killer is

$565

''Last restructured 9/9/14. BEWARE, the newer and faster Athlon X4 860K will be here soon! It's already on Amazon and will be added to this build officially once PCPartPicker has it listed. There's nothing stopping you from buying it, though!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price CPU AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $79.49 @ OutletPC

Motherboard ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $44.98 @ SuperBiiz

Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $37.99 @ Newegg

Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.98 @ OutletPC

Video Card Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card $165.25 @ Newegg

Case Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case $29.99 @ Amazon

Power Supply EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $26.98 @ Newegg    

Total   Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $438.66  

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-09 18:27 EDT-0400

About

This is for those who want an awesome PC gaming experience while spending the same or less than they would on a PS4 or XBox One. Considering that both next-gen consoles have significantly less processing power than this build (especially when you look at real-world gaming performance), this PC will have you absolutely set. You can run it at higher resolutions, higher detail levels, and higher framerates than the equivalent so-called "next-gen" consoles. Also, since it's a PC, you have the freedom to adjust your settings accordingly (for example: if you want 120FPS, you can just lower the graphical settings or resolution to something like a console (or even lower if you really wanted to). The Athlon X4 offers more than enough CPU power for modern gaming, sometimes even coming within arm's reach of an i5-4670k .

Benchmarks

CPU - Athlon X4 outperforms Pentium and i3, approaches i5 when using real-world situations [RES ignored duplicate image]

GPU - R9 270 is capable of 1080p @ 60FPS on Ultra, PS4/XB1 only does 900p/720p @ 60FPS on Medium.'' 

Leftover budget: $127 for either upgrades, or a shopping spree on Steam/G2A/GOG etc.

You're welcome TryState my brother and welcome to the master race. I'll be happy to recommend some dope screens and sound systems, just let me know.

Not to mention the savings from people split-screening, instead of buying two gaming laptops.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and I'm tired of fighting off peasants by myself

PC elitists are the scum of the gaming world. :gandhi:

yawn

no youre right. if it doesnt drop on PC I'm shooting up a church and a school on the same day

with a H2 needler 

False hope.

Halo MCC is releasing with Red Dead Redemption on PC.

Deep fried like a nugget.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I've never seen someone work so hard to convince people that his personal preference for gaming = the objective "best" choice.

It's almost as if he's seeking validation  :kappa: 

Nobody cares that you can build a PC for $500 or whatever it is you're trying to say. That's YOUR choice, YOUR preference, not everyone else's. They're fine with paying a premium for the convenience of not having to build a PC, for having hardware that their games are specifically tweaked for, etc.

Why is it that console gamers don't feel the need to push their preferences on other people, yet nearly EVERY PC gamer just HAS to explain to everyone in the multiverse that PC gaming is "superior"?

• Upvote (+1) 6

So your PC has stelar graphics/resolution/frame rate/processing power/etc... but still no MCC. What good is it to sit on a Halo forum and talk about playing the MCC when you can't even get it for your platform? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've never seen someone work so hard to convince people that his personal preference for gaming = the objective "best" choice.

It's almost as if he's seeking validation  :kappa: 

Nobody cares that you can build a PC for $500 or whatever it is you're trying to say. That's YOUR choice, YOUR preference, not everyone else's. They're fine with paying a premium for the convenience of not having to build a PC, for having hardware that their games are specifically tweaked for, etc.

Why is it that console gamers don't feel the need to push their preferences on other people, yet nearly EVERY PC gamer just HAS to explain to everyone in the multiverse that PC gaming is "superior"?

They need to feel like the alpha in some way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So your PC has stelar graphics/resolution/frame rate/processing power/etc... but still no MCC. What good is it to sit on a Halo forum and talk about playing the MCC when you can't even get it for your platform? 

On top of that he thinks its not a 'top 100 game' anymore. So I'm really curious as to why he even wants to play the MCC with sooo many other better games out there?  

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, if H1 and H2 are already on the PC, and those two are considered the two best Halo games, why would he even bother with the rest of them. He already has them at 1080p and 60fps or higher. He doesn't need to get MCC to experience what us console players are getting. He already has it or better. There really is no discussion to be had here in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, if H1 and H2 are already on the PC, and those two are considered the two best Halo games, why would he even bother with the rest of them. He already has them at 1080p and 60fps or higher. He doesn't need to get MCC to experience what us console players are getting. He already has it or better. There really is no discussion to be had here in my opinion. 

So stop.