CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Days are going by so slowly ever since MCC was announced :(

I feel like it's been years since the announcement was made.

• Upvote (+1) 2

also seems like Halo MCC has less hype than halo 4.

the marketing before halo 4 release was way ramped up than Halo MCC

Not technically anything new, other than H2A which is just a remastery.

H5 will have big hype, and marketing im sure but this is just a service to the old school fans. Only the veterans are really hyped. Casuals want something new and shiny to appeal to their ADD

They KIND of showed H3 already. Though, we couldn't really see the benefits of the 1080p/60fps though, cause the video was heavily compressed and only 30fps :/

But I agree... I want to see H1-3 at 1080p/60fps. H2:A is nice and all, but I definitely want to see how those games are affected by the upgrade. Especially since they're going into H3 and improving the lighting engine & shaders, which will also make quite a noticeable difference.

There was a tweet posted on these forums somewhere, from a 343i employee that mentioned they will be showing off some "raw" H3 footage later this month during another "showcase."  Unfortunately, I cannot remember which thread this tweet was in, or which 343i employee sent it.

343i also mentioned during the Q&A session at PAX that they would show H1: CE off in the "next month" (panel was held at the end of last month), so hopefully they will show the H:CE footage along side the "raw" H3 footage at the same time this month.  

Like you, I am anxious to see some H1:CE gameplay.  Specifically I want to see how the game will play online, as the game has never really had netcode.

I'm sure as we get closer to the date of Mcc dropping we will see more Marketing / and Promo Hype stuff on Tv and the internet.

Xbox is wanting this game to Help sell the Xbox Ones and Help push those number with Halo Mcc .

P.s. my hype is still crazy High

A few friends and I still try to play 2v2s once a week, at worst once a month. The Master Chief Collection will just get us to play more games because we mostly play Reach V7 exclusively, but we want to branch out to Halo CE and Halo 2.

The list was capped at 20 and I had just got him to add Milk to the list. I don't think he'd mind more players, but I know Milk is also trying to get Hanz and Pistol which would be amazing talent wise. I would LOVE to play against them in Halo CE 2v2s against them. The Nerd Palace has 8 xbox ones and 8 monitors, so I know there's gonna be a lot of downtimes. I had e-mailed him about additional stations and he plans on crossing that bridge closer to LAN.

Yeah, I'm not a stalker but I remember you and Meg are friends. Infact when I read the list I was shocked to see her name and some other old names. I remember you guys on the MLG forums back in the day since I would check both the PA and NJ thread. Crazy to see h2 princess as well, and then a bunch of other h3 names.

I could possibly make it out for some LANS, especially Halo CE ones if you host. I'm about 2-3 hours away from you so it's not too bad as long as we get plenty of games in. I'm also bringing my capture card and stuff but idk how it will work with Xbox ones considering you can stream from them.

I actually just moved back to Harrisburg from a small apartment to a decent sized house. I'm still in the process of getting the house set up but I'll have plenty of space (and equipment) to LAN all through October if you guys (lookin at you Hitzel) wanna get together pre MCC. I should be able to pull at least a handful of people some with skill.

I dunno. I feel way more hyped this time than with Halo 4. And I feel like the community is also more genuinely hyped, which is saying a lot coming off the heels of Halo 4 & the entire community's disdain for it (as well as the "HALO IS DAD" doomsayers).

I think relative to their situations, MCC easily takes the hype cake.

There was a tweet posted on these forums somewhere, from a 343i employee that mentioned they will be showing off some "raw" H3 footage later this month during another "showcase."  Unfortunately, I cannot remember which thread this tweet was in, or which 343i employee sent it.

343i also mentioned during the Q&A session at PAX that they would show H1: CE off in the "next month" (panel was held at the end of last month), so hopefully they will show the H:CE footage along side the "raw" H3 footage at the same time this month.  

Like you, I am anxious to see some H1:CE gameplay.  Specifically I want to see how the game will play online, as the game has never really had netcode.

Indeed. I have complete faith though (regarding CE online). They've had ample time (unlike with Halo 4), and they also know the severity of the repercussions should they fail or not measure up; despite how trendy it is to hate on 343 for "not knowing how to make a Halo game", they're intelligent people... and they're likely already sick and tired of the guff they've been getting.

Just based on that, as well as what we've seen thus far from MCC, I am very optimistic about CE's online capabilities this November, as well as MCC in general.

Yup, it was great back in the day. After Halo 3 I guess they ran into legal issues with the state of NJ and weren't allowed to host their events here anymore. Now they're in surrounding areas in PA or NY. I remember going to NJ Halo's that were in a roped off corner of a Bennigans in Florham Park.

Were you active in the H3 days? You guys had The Nerd Palace which to me was a more ideal situation. I think it was near abescon? That place was sick.

Ive attend NJ halo Reach and H4 events in NJ within the past year. Morristown is a common venue. You get some big names every once in a while, but because both those games sucked, no one attend. 

-The most jammed pack events i've seen is when a new halo game first drops. NJ Halo will usually host a tourney one week or two weeks before an MLG event so the big boys from NJ, NY,CT, and PA come out to practice on LAN. 

I expect a big crowd when MCC drops =)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Indeed. I have complete faith though (regarding CE online). They've had ample time (unlike with Halo 4), and they also know the severity of the repercussions should they fail or not measure up; despite how trendy it is to hate on 343 for "not knowing how to make a Halo game", they're intelligent people... and they're likely already sick and tired of the guff they've been getting.

Just based on that, as well as what we've seen thus far from MCC, I am very optimistic about CE's online capabilities this November, as well as MCC in general.

This is basically what I have been telling myself since MCC was announced at E3.  My thinking is that 343i will not want to put a non-optimized "crappy" version of H:CE in MCC.  Maybe I am giving them too much credit, but I REALLY want them to prove me right come November.

I actually just moved back to Harrisburg from a small apartment to a decent sized house. I'm still in the process of getting the house set up but I'll have plenty of space (and equipment) to LAN all through October if you guys (lookin at you Hitzel) wanna get together pre MCC. I should be able to pull at least a handful of people some with skill.

I'll be away the last weekend in september but other than that I could work something out. Wish you were closer but like I said it's not a bad drive if we can even get one full night in.

Ive attend NJ halo Reach and H4 events in NJ within the past year. Morristown is a common venue. You get some big names every once in a while, but because both those games sucked, no one attend. 

-The most jammed pack events i've seen is when a new halo game first drops. NJ Halo will usually host a tourney one week or two weeks before an MLG event so the big boys from NJ, NY,CT, and PA come out to practice on LAN. 

I expect a big crowd when MCC drops =)

I stopped following them so I guess I'm wrong about the issues with state laws. I thought I saw it on Rods twitter, but I'm definitely going to be attending them again. Where do they host them usually? I'm just so used being tucked in the corner of a bennagins or a champs.

Consoles are more ergonomical and socially acceptable. IDGAF about processing power or customisation, just let me sit back in my god damn chair and be comfortable (fk desks, keyboards and mice)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Consoles are more ergonomical and socially acceptable. IDGAF about processing power or customisation, just let me sit back in my god damn chair and be comfortable (fk desks, keyboards and mice)

been a long time since i read a post full of such beautiful combinations of words that illustrate how big of a ignoramus its composer is

you can easily game on a PC from the exact same chair/couch/bed with the exact same controller on the exact same TV as you do on your console

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know when I come back on leave in late December, my LAN crew will definitely put something together.  Anybody that can make the drive to Columbus OH is welcome to come.  We have a big, friendly, fun group of guys with varied skill.  Pretty average skill level with a couple standouts.  I'd love to meet some people from the forum if you can make it out.  Gregor came last time and crapped on all of us in H2.  Haha, it was pretty cool to meet him though.  A couple months later I saw him show up in some H3 VOD from 09, and he was playing on Darkest Hour.  I was like, "Ok, that makes a lot more sense now."