CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It wont have the same feel as Original H2 because its being built off of the H4 engine.

The same thing happened with HCEA - people were hyped about it, but then we all saw what happened. It wasnt true to the original.

My opinion, it will be cool to play a few games of H2A just to walk around the redone maps and such.

BUT --- I fell in love with H2 because it was H2, I will be sticking with the Classic H2 playlist when MCC comes out (and a little bit of H3 when I wanna change it up). 1080p and 60fps, its what I have been asking for for awhile. AND RANKS??!!  thats a friggin win for me.

GT: F U N Z B O B 

I play everything from 8v8 BTB to 4v4 Slayer and i enjoy MLG as long as im not getting cheated in it (cough cough Halo 3)

How many people are getting there X1 day of the collection release?

I have all the money + more set aside so i can get everything a week or so before Halo Drops .

So excited for this its kind of crazy / also very excited to get $39 for my Xbox 360 

I'm thinking every vet will have to discover new options for head/wall glitching or even new setups, and will open up the meta for H2 in a different way. There might be new ways for combat on the maps we know and love.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It wont have the same feel as Original H2 because its being built off of the H4 engine.

The same thing happened with HCEA - people were hyped about it, but then we all saw what happened. It wasnt true to the original.

My opinion, it will be cool to play a few games of H2A just to walk around the redone maps and such.

BUT --- I fell in love with H2 because it was H2, I will be sticking with the Classic H2 playlist when MCC comes out (and a little bit of H3 when I wanna change it up). 1080p and 60fps, its what I have been asking for for awhile. AND RANKS??!! thats a friggin win for me.

Yeah I guess that's what I'm asking, why did they build it on the H4 engine?

Still blows my mind that it's only $60. 343i could have easily jacked the price up to $100 and I probably wouldn't have complained.

Exactly, I'm sure everyone would've payed $100 but its just awesome that it's only $60. I really wouldn't have any problem paying $10 or so for some more DLC maps on H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's like Microsoft and 343 don't even care about GAMEPLAY, all they want is awesome graphics and cool sound effects. Corporate pricks.

Yeah, fuck Microsoft and 343 for giving us 60fps. Fuck them for giving us something we've wanted since 2007. Fuck them.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Like crazzzzzzy?? I haven't used it on PC lol

It shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger, it's glorious with the no reload glitch

So have playlists been fully explained yet? I saw a video where Frankie gives an example of the Team Slayer playlist, and how you will click on Team Slayer, find a match, then vote for Halo 1-4. The interview I saw, though, was the day after the announcement.

Have one game playlists been announced yet (ex. Halo: CE only playlist), or have one game, one gametype playlists been announced (ex. Halo 2 Team Slayer only)?

Have one game playlists been announced yet (ex. Halo: CE only playlist), or have one game, one gametype playlists been announced (ex. Halo 2 Team Slayer only)?

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry but I'm really tired of hearing "its a work in progress" mindlessly applied to everything.

First of all, we all realize some things are a work in progress.  We all know the sounds, damage values, etc easily are able to change and probably will change.  Feedback is how they change, so why get on people's case for posting feedback?

Second, not everything can be justified as a 'work in progress'The art style is final.  To change the art style would mean redesigning everything they've already done, it would mean remaking every remastered map. It would possibly mean hiring new artists. That's not going to happen.  "Work in progress" is not relevant to the discussion of the style of the game.

For the record I think the new style looks great, I just prefer the older style.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am very excited to announce that yes, I am working on a new Mainstage Montage! In honor of Halo 2's anniversary, the release of the Master Chief Collection, and the past two Halo tournaments held by 343 industries, I decided to make this mainstage montage. Hopefully the first to come of many, this montage will feature gameplay from Gamescom & PAX Prime. Here is a little teaser trailer for the montage:

Special thanks to Hastings and Snipetality for footage and inspiration, respectively.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry but I'm really tired of hearing "its a work in progress" mindlessly applied to everything.

First of all, we all realize some things are a work in progress. We all know the sounds, damage values, etc easily are able to change and probably will change. Feedback is how they change, so why get on people's case for posting feedback?

Second, not everything can be justified as a 'work in progress'. The art style is final. To change the art style would mean redesigning everything they've already done, it would mean remaking every remastered map. It would possibly mean hiring new artists. That's not going to happen. "Work in progress" is not relevant to the discussion of the style of the game.

1) I love feedback. It's how we will get across what needs to be changed to the developer, a relationship that definitely shouldn't be taken for granted. By reiterating a point that's already been made, I'm not "mindlessly" applying 'a work in progress' to anything.

2) What has Bravo called the game every chance we've seen a panel/tournament at an event? What did the casters keep reiterating at PAX? What have the developers at any given panel called the game? That's right; a work in progress, because that's exactly what it is.

3) Obviously maps aren't going to be remade. When people say that this game is a work in progress, I think it goes without saying that they are talking about minor details, which are important enough to the game to label the game as a whole, again, a work in progress.

I'm not "mindlessly" giving excuses or shutting down constructive criticism. I'm just calling it what it is.

Yeah, fuck Microsoft and 343 for giving us 60fps. Fuck them for giving us something we've wanted since 2007. Fuck them.

well you can play with your noobish nade indicators and nade markers and screen shake at 60fps all you want. I like to play Halo 2 on a CRT better, so fuck xbox one and it's hdmi-only bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

well you can play with your noobish nade indicators and nade markers and screen shake at 60fps all you want. I like to play Halo 2 on a CRT better, so fuck xbox one and it's hdmi-only bullshit.

Fuck 343 for giving us 60fps on Halo CE, 2, 3, 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary.

Fuck them so much.

Dropping the cuntness - all five games will be running at 1080p and 60fps using dedicated servers. This includes Halo 2 Classic. 

But if you still want to stay in 2004 and play 30fps Halo on your big ass square TV, be my guest. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You must be buying Halo: MCC just for Halo: Nightfall then. Let me know how it is please. I'll be busy playing the greatest games of all time in the best condition they've ever been in.

You must be buying Halo: MCC just for Halo: Nightfall then. Let me know how it is please. I'll be busy playing the greatest games of all time in the best condition they've ever been in.

I'm not saying I won't try it out, I'm saying it's a fact it won't be 100% the same which is what this thread is about, it will never be like the old days. Halo: Nightfall looks lame and boring, just a bunch of cosplay people walking around Iceland's rough terrains.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Is H2 going to be 100% identical in every way to the original?

No, because the MatchMaking system will be different.  You won't have as many choices to choose from.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is H2 going to be 100% identical in every way to the original?

No, because the MatchMaking system will be different.  You won't have as many choices to choose from.  

f_4d388f5eeb.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not going to do much at all. I don't think ive ever found a group to lan with in Houston besides my friend and his cousins and brothers. The only downfall of it is me and him are the only skilled players and the rest is all scattered over so they are never too competitive but still fun nonetheless. 

Not going to do much at all. I don't think ive ever found a group to lan with in Houston besides my friend and his cousins and brothers. The only downfall of it is me and him are the only skilled players and the rest is all scattered over so they are never too competitive but still fun nonetheless. 

You guys should each adopt a noob and play 2v2's against each other.  If they're receptive to learning, that could be a fun way to have fun with different skilled players.  It'd be kind of like a race to teach them and get them up to speed.  Could be fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1