CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm not really interested in Destiny at all.  Smash Bros 4 will hold me over until MCC.

Too bad the Wii U version won't be out until after MCC.

I'm looking forward to Destiny, that and FIFA 15 will keep my occupied until MCC.

Kinda irrelevant but have they stopped stat tracking on Halo Reach? No ones stats are updating at the moment...

Dayumn, I just saw the deal that M$ is offering.  I can't blame you for taking advantage of that deal.  Who wouldn't want to play Destiny for free?  

I have an XB1, but I think I will do the digital deal on Xbox 360 first so I can have it on both consoles and play with my friends who only have Xbox 360's and are waiting until the MCC to buy an XB1.

Does anyone know if you buy the digital version of Destiny on XB1 first, do you get the game for free on the Xbox 360 as well?

Basically I'm making this thread because as I'm sure most of you know, the Xbox One supports 1,000 players on your friends list. I'm trying to build my list up with some solid Halo players that are looking to run some customs or matchmaking to grind for our 50s when MCC comes out and I'm sure many of you are looking to do the same. I added a ton of people in Halo 2 but I've kept my friends list pretty personal since the start of Halo 3 and I'm looking to change that. So feel free to post your GTs so we can form some :beyond: matchmaking squads comes November!

GTs:

BrutalityZR

Sxlarity

TR Gold

ThtBossNamdDrew

LimeSda

Status Travis

Southpaw xoxo

Blackeyed Blond

BrutallyDigital

Broskian

H2 Moses

Philosopherrr

Macex42

i Faithh i

Tvctics

Nyic

PremiumTrout

The Puppy

Ayo Itz Slayer

N7 Allgood

Kenny POV

akademik da kid

MedalpiXel

TBRNER

Crowdawg

Bob Da Ostrich

Xi Greninja iX

WilframAlpha

Lucky 7Evans

HD Simplicityy

F U N Z B O B

WTFlipSide

ShadowHD09

• Upvote (+1) 7

This has been beaten to death, at least on waypoint.

Yes, the art style 343I uses is different from the past.

Yes, not all of us like it.

But it's not going to change back any time soon.  343I is stubborn with their artistic vision.

Halo's art style was fine in H1, but it doesn't feel like bungie ever really evolved its look as the fidelity they had available increased.  They were just trying to more more complex versions of the primitive designs laid out by the first game, and it really didn't translate that well.  it felt very much like "lets make another one of those, but prettier"  that's why we ended up with action figure characters and bland architecture. 

I think they tried to be so true to their roots that they lost the spirit of them, and I think Halo 4 feels more like a real successor to H1's visual style than any other Halo game does.

I totally get that some people genuinely like the static approach regardless of what the reasons are behind it, as it's very obviously extremely effective for nostalgia.  But being static in any way is the quickest path to irrelevance in the current video game industry.  And I personally don't find it very interesting.

YukXE2P.png

4T0vA1C.png

This is the current pop of Halo 1 pc (plenty more full servers I missed). Vastly out numbers Halo 2 vista. Bare in mind it's also been out since 2003 and is still going strong. I think this game is going to pull in lots of numbers for when MCC drops with playlists/ranks and hopefully a better net code.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1000 friend limit... I actually didnt know that about the xbone. I always thought even 100 friends was unnecessary. Pretty sure ive never been close to 100 friends added lol. I have 60 atm and i could probably remove most of them.

My tag is Philosopherrr. Dont have a xb1 yet but i will in a week-ish. So add me and ill accept them when i get the xb1.

This has been beaten to death, at least on waypoint.

Yes, the art style 343I uses is different from the past.

Yes, not all of us like it.

But it's not going to change back any time soon. 343I is stubborn with their artistic vision.

To be honest, their artistic vision is the least of our problems
  • Downvote (-1) 1