CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ah that is intersting. So A modded controller could make it pretty fast then? I am sure they would fix something like that. 

From what I remember there's still a RoF cap, so a modded controller would be pointless. I remember "siezure twitching" the mouse, and it didn't shoot nearly as quickly as all of my clicks.

Well I'll be playing my Xbone for the first time in many months on November 11th, does that count?

did you just have extra money to spend and got it?

I feel like a lot of you are making such a big deal about "Halo 2 pros" when in reality, Snakebite and Royal 2 were too young to compete back then. Fact is, they're still young and extremely talented Halo players and they'll be just as, if not more successful in Halo 2 than they were at the end of Reach. People are acting like H2 is such a hard fans to learn. No. It isn't Halo 1. They have the gun skill and Ogre 2. And they're pro Halo players. They'll be completely caught up in less than a month of practicing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

did you just have extra money to spend and got it?

No, I bought it when the console was bundled with the kinect and Titanfall for $450.  A couple of my friends bought into the Titanfall hype and convinced me to buy the Xbone so that we could all play online with each other.  Unfortunately, the game didn't hold our interest, so I haven't had any reason to game on the system.  Fortunately M$ and 343i made my questionable decision to buy the Xbone look a lot better when they announced MCC.

I say it won't effect me where I live mainly because everyone here is still crazy about Call of Duty. It's only me and some of my friends who play Halo. Plus I also haven't heard about any lans going on in central new york.

This is hands down the coolest LAN setup I've ever seen.  I'm SO jealous.

We still hold good lans in SE Michigan thanks to @@Brutus, can't wait for H1/H2 there.

A8pAIdGCAAEfn5P.jpg

Probably not at all, we haven't had a scene in along time, if at all and I don't see that changing, sadly.

I feel like a lot of you are making such a big deal about "Halo 2 pros" when in reality, Snakebite and Royal 2 were too young to compete back then. Fact is, they're still young and extremely talented Halo players and they'll be just as, if not more successful in Halo 2 than they were at the end of Reach. People are acting like H2 is such a hard fans to learn. No. It isn't Halo 1. They have the gun skill and Ogre 2. And they're pro Halo players. They'll be completely caught up in less than a month of practicing.

Not to mention they the trio of Ogre 2, Sbite and Royal 2 have great chemistry. Definitely an underrated trait for a successful team IMO. You could pick the 4 best guys at Halo but if they're constantly arguing or not getting along, the team won't do as well. Plus, they have good dedication, I know Sbite is always grinding Halo recently so I could see them doing well.

How many people are getting there X1 day of the collection release?

I got mine last week in preperation for Destiny. I am way more excited for MCC, but I want something to play til November and Destiny looks to have a lot of content.

I picked up Titanfall, Battlefield, Forza 5, NFS, Madden, and a few others for free or %50 off and have a pretty good collection of games. They aren't Halo but it has made the console worth the price for me so far and I am enjoying it.

Waiting makes sense though, MCC is going to be the best game on the console when it releases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not really interested in Destiny at all.  Smash Bros 4 will hold me over until MCC.

im in the same boat, don't get the hype for this game at all.

You should check out Warframe if you haven't already. Honestly its like what Destiny should have been IMO and its F2P.

its like trying to dribble a basketball with a broken arm. that's what it feels like srs

idk dude felt pretty good to me when I played

im in the same boat, don't get the hype for this game at all.

You should check out Warframe if you haven't already. Honestly its like what Destiny should have been IMO and its F2P.

I think Destiny has the potential to "steal" some of the casual audience that Call of Duty has right now, which could open the door to some new shooters.  The preorder numbers are huge, so I'm expecting that Destiny's numbers might come close to COD AW's, especially considering the new cod doesn't come out for 2 months

I'm not really interested in Destiny at all.  Smash Bros 4 will hold me over until MCC.

I am with you as well Hitzel, I played the Destiny beta, and the only thing I could see myself playing would be the single player.  I did not like the direction that Bungie took the multiplayer portion of the game.  The problem I have with the single player, is that it felt very similar to Borderlands, which I got bored of in about a month.  Given that MCC comes out in just about two months, I couldn't justify spending $60 on Destiny's single player experience.  

The FOV of H2 is either going to get better or get worse, simply due to the transition between 4:3 and 16:9.

Other than that, playing on a console outputting digital information into TVs with preprocessing might produce input lag. We'll see about that.

I am still confused as to why they used the H4 engine and not the H3/H2 engine.

The graphics aren't the problem. It's probably got the same sluggish feel to it that every game after H2 had, which is based on FOV problems + reticule placement + aim acceleration and/or input lag + sloppy, slow movement mechanics. 

holy shit man. some of that is definitely true and its sad that they don't fix

I am still confused as to why they used the H4 engine and not the H3/H2 engine.

Because they didn't make h2/h3, they made Halo 4. Halo 4 is newer. Please stop worrying about Classic H2, it will be as close to the original as humanly possible in 2014.

Just with updated graphics? It looks way too shiny and steely, almost exactly like H4.

It looks good, just doesn't look like a Halo game. Why couldn't they have retained the same basic style and look?

How does it not look like a Halo Game? Could you elaborate on that comment.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am with you as well Hitzel, I played the Destiny beta, and the only thing I could see myself playing would be the single player.  I did not like the direction that Bungie took the multiplayer portion of the game.  The problem I have with the single player, is that it felt very similar to Borderlands, which I got bored of in about a month.  Given that MCC comes out in just about two months, I couldn't justify spending $60 on Destiny's single player experience.  

I'm going to take advantage of the deal microsoft is doing this week, so I'll get destiny for free, looks like a decent game to kill time with and get used to the xbox one controller before mcc comes out

Sure if you're taking about launch populations then sure there will be a ton of new players since I expect that a lot of them will be trying out just for the novelty of it since it's the first time Halo CE will actually be playable online. But afterwards most of them will migrate too the other games that are more casual friendly like H3.

But afterwards I expect CE too be mostly populated by the current XBC population and some other people who try it out who will generally have more a lot knowledge then most casuals do and at that point I expect most new players too be turned away because they won't be able too compete.

I'm talking more about 4vs4/2vs2 not 8vs8's here.

Outside of 2v2 and 1v1, CE is casual friendly, maybe not as much as H2 or H3 but its friendly enough to make it fun even if you're new.  

I haven't checked it, but I'm assuming there's not more than 10 hosts at a time for CE on xbc, that's an extremely small population.  The population thats coming back for CE is much larger than you think, most of them aren't on xbc or on forums. 

This has been beaten to death, at least on waypoint.

Yes, the art style 343I uses is different from the past.

Yes, not all of us like it.

But it's not going to change back any time soon.  343I is stubborn with their artistic vision.

Things like rate of fire are probably independent of frame rate, or at least I know that they can be made independent, so there shouldn't be a huge difference because of that. But if 60fps allows controller input to be registered a half-frame before (in relation to 30fps), then the Carbine would be able to kill about 0.1 seconds faster.

I wish they wouldve done the same thing they did with campaign (Graphics wise) to Multiplayer. Just put a fresh coat of paint, and we wouldve gotten same gameplay mechanics and prettier graphics. I'm not a programmer but I think it would be easier to do MP than SP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to take advantage of the deal microsoft is doing this week, so I'll get destiny for free, looks like a decent game to kill time with and get used to the xbox one controller before mcc comes out

Dayumn, I just saw the deal that M$ is offering.  I can't blame you for taking advantage of that deal.  Who wouldn't want to play Destiny for free?  

I like Certain Affinity's artists and how H2A looks. Its 343's artists that I have a problem with. Most of the time in H4 the geometry was wayy too simple and the maps had many similarities to one another. for example all the ring structures/bridges in abandon, and the bases in complex were the same. Other maps like h4 Pitfall look so shitty. 

My only complaint is the Spartan models. Based from gameplay I've watched, I'd have to state that players seem all-to-easy to kill in Halo 2:Anniversary. I think that for the most part however, the game is aesthetically pleasing. 

I don't think its the spartan models that make it easier to kill people. The hit boxes for the characters are obviously different, but I think it's more due to the increased aim assist and hit registration that makes it easier/faster.