Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Do Purple Reign, unironically the best map in H5

HELL to the no

• Simms (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Do Purple Reign, unironically the best map in H5

How is this a game from a triple A developer? This shit is hideous 

Wow that video sure had some smooth brain takes. Like every YouTube video nowadays it's way too long, but overall did a decent job of giving people an overview of the button glitches in H2.

I love how he just completely ignored the button glitches in CE though (maybe because he also disregards that games MP in its entirety?). Even though the CE combos are 1) objectively better for gameplay 2) beloved and not even remotely controversial and 3) don't require hours of practice but rather that people use their brains before using them.

• Like (+1) 7

Honestly the whole video was them saying "I like the combos, but I don't like the combos" and fence sitting. I would've preferred a definite stand beyond "I think they were okay, sort of." 

Also H2 gets talked about a lot for multiplayer? More than CE by the general populace, beyond not withstanding, so where does this "H2 is forgotten" notion come from? Unless they mean 343 forgets about H2 which is true. 

• Like (+1) 4

Doubleshotting was so much easier on OG Xbox. The timing was way more forgiving. I’ll admit that it’s still a more complicated glitch than BLB or BXR, but it wasn’t nearly as finicky as on MCC. People who didn’t learn it and complain about it simply needed something to blame their Ls on. Plus, anyone complaining about dying to glitches would also get beaten by those same people without glitches. 

• Like (+1) 3

I think the video is pretty solid. I took a glance at his other videos and he seems to be more of an FGC guy. In which case assuming he's a pretty casual Halo player, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know much about H1. I mean I guess he's the presenter of the video and you'd expect him to be an expert for that reason. But I think he did a good job.

I think him being in the middle makes sense as well. I mean I get the argument for why people don't like button combos. They're kind of archaic, and if your vision of Halo is "I want to hold forward with the trigger held down" somebody immediately killing you could be frustrating when they're not following the "honor rules". To me it seems like he had fun doing them, and thinks they're good for the competitive community. But he understands why people who want seventy funny looking space guns to shoot don't really like them when button combos makes it even harder to get a needler kill.

• Like (+1) 3

yeah it definitely came across as "I didn't play halo but heres what i learned."

video is alright, but i think he's just kinda young. any 30+ year old gamer will rave about halo2 online. In my experience, halo ce online was also immensely popular, but most people's experience with the mp is with PC edition, not xbox. it's not just nostalgia. if you were only a pc gamer, you probably played CE online and that is probably you're only halo experience till h5 forge/mcc thanks to h2v being locked to vista without hax. 

• Like (+1) 3

You either enjoy and appreciate dope hidden systems in your video games or you just want things handed to you in life like one beatdown taking off someone's entire shields idk what else to tell you guys.

Halo 2 competitive and technical variance is about the size of a larger ocean and this guy is giving his opinion from the perspective of someone drowning in the shoreline. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I could understand someone simply not enjoying the gameplay of button combos even if I disagree personally but I hate when people act like it broke the game or that its cheating etc

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, Snipe Three said:

I could understand someone simply not enjoying the gameplay of button combos even if I disagree personally but I hate when people act like it broke the game or that its cheating etc

Idk feels cheap to die to someone because they fired their gun faster than me because they hit 3 buttons in time.

• Salt (-1) 2

On 11/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, Squatting Bear said:

You either enjoy and appreciate dope hidden systems in your video games or you just want things handed to you in life like one beatdown taking off someone's entire shields idk what else to tell you guys.

Halo 2 competitive and technical variance is about the size of a larger ocean and this guy is giving his opinion from the perspective of someone drowning in the shoreline. 

This is a sick post

• Like (+1) 2

I got my map into h3, BUT it doesn't work. It randomly kills you. so it's dead until I can find a way to make it work.  But the good news is that "operation remaster lockout" is go.

it's perfectly scaled for h3 

cae7fa6693b13d9109cee351da9c8d60.jpg

eccc807dfff0b94c2ecc1889991a414d.jpg

6cfc3b8f6406e4982a1633cf7eeb9ab5.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I know the rap is 'CE for 2s, everything else for 4s', but after binging on a bunch of H3 doubles videos at work over the past couple of days, I'm starting to think 2s are just the best way to play Halo period. That footage - some HCS, some old and newer MM games, some custom lobby/money match type stuff - was just so much more watchable and enjoyable than just about every H3 4s match I've seen and can recall playing.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/31/2021 at 4:56 AM, Sitri said:

Do a map with ladders. Lifts are dumb.

Are you secretly 343? They hate the gun being up and want to add as many ways to stop the player being able to shoot.

21 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Are you secretly 343? They hate the gun being up and want to add as many ways to stop the player being able to shoot.

:thinking:? you can shoot and turn around 360° on ladders in Halo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I'm starting to think 2s are just the best way to play Halo period.

You're uncovering hidden treasure my friend. Just about every game seems to play better with only four players on the map. I would say the exception is Halo 2 and H2A, because of being able to hoard power weapons to keep them from respawning. Reach, H4 and even H5 are better experiences in 2v2; bonus fun if you discover quality Forge maps from each era to play.

• Like (+1) 3

2v2 is the best way to play Halo... CE is the best 2v2 game... What say you, nay sayers 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

just face your back to it and mash jump lmao

9 hours ago, Basu said:

:thinking:? you can shoot and turn around 360° on ladders in Halo.

5 hours ago, Sitri said:

just face your back to it and mash jump lmao

You are both describing lifts. Halo 1 had lifts with ladder textures.

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

You are both describing lifts. Halo 1 had lifts with ladder textures.

Lifts are loud and one-way. Garbage.

1 hour ago, Sitri said:

Lifts are loud and Garbage.

SUITS YOU THEN