CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

21 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Best part of Halo OSTs are the orchestral and ambient tracks, the rock/metal is usually cringe with a small handful of exceptions

Depending on what we're speaking of here, I couldn't disagree more. Halo is a goofy ass game with a unique atmosphere, and part of what makes up that atmosphere is music like "In Ambler Clad", "Rock Anthem for Saving The World", "A Walk in the Woods", "Under Cover of Night", "Perilous Journey", "First Movement of the Odyssey" (minus the lyrics as aforementioned), "Mombasa Suite", etc.

This is why Halo 4 and Halo 5's soundtracks are so forgettable. It's just boring ass movie scoring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

There are moments in Halo where you do some pretty metal shit. The score should reflect that. Do I want some crunchy guitar during key story moments? probably not.  But i'm totally fine with it when i'm in survival mode mowing down flood. I don't need all the songs to be matchy matchy.

Total side note. Some of the best workout music out there is from the Doom soundtrack. Rip and Tear bitches.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

This is why Halo 4 and Halo 5's soundtracks are so forgettable. It's just boring ass movie scoring.

Key phrase here is "movie scoring." The music feels exactly like it's made for a movie, not a video game. The bungie games were mostly orchestral but they didn't feel the same way. The way its all structured and written I don't think it would even fit in a movie setting. 

Jeez no wonder I couldn't hear any randoms in the CGB. 343 has voice chat set to "team only" by default for some stupid reason. 

What is the population in MCC those days? Can you find a game in any game/playlist? Is it crossplay? I am interested in PC version.

3 hours ago, Hemlax said:

What is the population in MCC those days? Can you find a game in any game/playlist? Is it crossplay? I am interested in PC version.

Getting games isn't hard at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Getting games isn't hard at all.

That's a relief, have a feeling like jumping in again.

anyone else think its weird in ce how holding down the trigger gives perfect accuracy in doubles? or does this not bother anyone

29 minutes ago, boogerman said:

anyone else think its weird in ce how holding down the trigger gives perfect accuracy in doubles? or does this not bother anyone

Doesn't honestly matter it just prevents the other bug from occuring that MCC has. At higher frame rates for some reason pulling the trigger at the optimal speed results in bullets flying literally everywhere as if you held down the trigger and its extremely frustrating. Its a cool idea that pulling the trigger makes the gun more accurate but its practically pointless for people who already know how to play CE so changing that in the 2v2 playlist is just a better experience

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to be able to play Halo 3 without crashing every couple of games. Guess I have to turn off skins lol.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:26 PM, Apoll0 said:

Total side note. Some of the best workout music out there is from the Doom soundtrack. Rip and Tear bitches.

I might be the only person that works out to jazz (or even listens to it for that part). but just hear this song maan. Shit's imposing. The kind of shit that makes you want to work out in a business suit.

Getting into a 4v4 game on MCC is honestly kinda nerve racking, given how quickly one person leaving could snowball out of control, and you're just held hostage in that match for the next ten minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

On 8/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, AlphaBenson said:

Getting into a 4v4 game on MCC is honestly kinda nerve racking, given how quickly one person leaving could snowball out of control, and you're just held hostage in that match for the next ten minutes.

This doesn’t happen nearly enough that it bothers me. Most matches are decent.

2 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

This doesn’t happen nearly enough that it bothers me. Most matches are decent.

Really? It's why I stopped playing.

1. Enjoying game
  2. Someone quits
  3. We get 1 or 2 kills behind
  4. Another person quits
  5. Snowball starts
  6. Score is only 14-9, 12 minutes left
  7. Last person on your team is AFK
  8. I quit
  9. 343: YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR 20 MINUTES! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU?!

I only have so much time at the end of my day to relax. I'm not going to move around the map for 12 minutes so I can be cannon fodder. It just took that loop happening 2 nights in a row for me to stop playing for good.

Even though Halo 2 & 3 did of course have a quitting problem, Bungie wasn't so anal to punish people for it so it still wasn't a big deal if you needed to quit. It sucks but whatever, start another match. In MCC, you feel like you're held hostage.

Well the feeling of being held hostage is true, I have had that myself. But it’s rare for me.

my biggest gripe is matching against much better players but I don’t know if that’s a time of day thing.. it feels like it late at night.

If two people (or half your team) quits though you can do so without penalty. As people have said one of the only ways to fix this problem is to add something like a forfeit mechanic. 

It can be equally annoying when there is a 4v1 situation and the one person refuses to quit. Nothing quite like playing a video game and having the distinct feeling that you are 1000% wasting your time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You can't forget playing doubles with your friend. The server apparently crashes or something because you both black screen then appear back in the lobby together so clearly the internet didn't go down. You go to search again and find out you're both quit banned. 

^ That has happened to me twice now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

34 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

You can't forget playing doubles with your friend. The server apparently crashes or something because you both black screen then appear back in the lobby together so clearly the internet didn't go down. You go to search again and find out you're both quit banned. 

^ That has happened to me twice now

LOL same. They must be having server problems. 

I continue to dream of the day that I can disable certain maps from the match composer. I feel like I keep getting the same couple maps per game whenever I try to play.

EDIT: I forgot that on top of 4v4 snowballing out of control if somebody leaves, FFA is also unplayable in MCC. Because you know, people can go in with 3 of their friends and just team up on the rest of the lobby.

The Needle Rifle in Halo: Reach is bugged. If you hit your opponent five times (head or body) then hit a headshot on them, you will get the kill. The Needle Rifle was always a seven shot in Halo: Reach but was unintentionally buffed to a six shot kill in MCC with the addition of bleedthrough.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

The Needle Rifle in Halo: Reach is bugged. If you hit your opponent five times (head or body) then hit a headshot on them, you will get the kill. The Needle Rifle was always a seven shot in Halo: Reach but was unintentionally buffed to a six shot kill in MCC with the addition of bleedthrough.

? that's not a bug with mcc. It was like that in actual 2011 and never fixed iirc. 

https://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Reach_Title_Updates

Below is a screenshot from the wiki. this entry was made in feb 2012. So it wasn't like it was just added post mcc. 

C342vBK.png

Not really a big deal anyway, the needle rifle desperately needed that. 

It does mention that in the december update, 343 lowered the pistol damage so it was no longer a 4 shot b/c of the bleedthrough update but makes no mention of the NR

dont know if anybody cares but i've been developing a new CE map and we playtested it for the first time tn, heres some gameplay featuring some friends from h1hub

hope to get it done soon

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

dont know if anybody cares but i've been developing a new CE map and we playtested it for the first time tn, heres some gameplay featuring some friends from h1hub

hope to get it done soon

Looks good so far