CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

i was wrong.

Customs allowed me to only create Reach games/maps. I tried the other titles and they were present but not enabled (you can't select them). I wonder why?

On 7/9/2021 at 3:15 AM, MrGreenWithAGun said:

It isn't obvious?

No thats why I asked. Still don't see what you're talking about 

9 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

No thats why I asked. Still don't see what you're talking about 

i was playing objective H2 the other day and noticed its quality of animation is between HCE and H3. Its more fluid, but it is still stick man like feel. It feels less than college level work for today's animation and modeling tools.

H3 art and H3 animation are the minimum bar for any shooter today.

So we have SEN not in the qualifier after a mod told them they were in and now we have teams forfeiting matches instead of trying to qualify because of the way bracket seeding is done (top four teams from today are seeded into the same bracket quadrant at the start of the finale, so if the best four teams qualify today they all match up in the firs two rounds of the finale). And no reason given for Amplified not in the map pool, as far as I know.

I thought things would be done well when they said the tournament was being run by Lenoxcoolgamer :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Noodle said:

I thought things would be done well when they said the tournament was being run by Lenoxcoolgamer :(

Southeastern Esports are contracted out. He might not have any control over who Microsoft hires

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's pretty rough. Its always hard when for whatever reason the people trying to help run a tournament make mistakes. Not much you can do at that point and its super annoying as a player to experience it. I'm sure most of us have experienced it even if it was just a dispute on GB gone wrong which is pretty close to what just happened to them

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Southeastern Esports are contracted out. He might not have any control over who Microsoft hires

Ah, so it's Southeastern Esports. I was asking around on Twitch streams who the TO making these decisions was and the only response I got was people blaming Lenox for everything.

As they do. Blind rage towards whoever the first name is that pops into their head instead of breaking it down. Snakebite was smart to go to Lenox though because he's been great for Halo and is very passionate about doing things right.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, Exidrion said:

hadda post this. the entire situation and the aftermath is downright hilarious

What game?

Nice system on the quit bans here 343. Me and my 2s partner black screen from two different locations, get kicked out of the game, still in a party with each other in the post game screen and guess what happens? Quit ban lol

• WutFace (+0) 1

19 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Hot take:

Halo 3's soundtrack is generic as fuck

You're right. That is a hot take.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Hot take:

Halo 3's soundtrack is generic as fuck

Hot take: Halo 2s guitars don't always work well with the overall soundtrack.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

Hot take: Halo 2s guitars and "real songs" sound goofy as hell except for a few songs.

Video game music with lyrics is always bad.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Sitri said:

Video game music with lyrics is always bad.

The Steve Vai stuff is great. The breaking Benjamin and whoever else was included straight up sucks.

Man H3 BTB with randoms is not at all what it was in 2010.  I just played a game of Standoff, both teams of 8 randoms.

There were 187 assists on 180 kills.  Both teams had clusters of players 3-4 strong pushing the enemy team's rocks at any given time.

It was insane.  I didn't even see teamshot like that in the MLG playlist back in the day.  People are built different now.

10 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Hot take: Halo 2s guitars don't always work well with the overall soundtrack.

Some of it is gratuitous, no question.

And just for the record, when I think of the Halo 2 soundtrack, I specifically think of the in-game implementation. So when I imagine First Movement of the Odyssey, I'm not thinking of the doofy lyrical sections, just what plays during actual gameplay. And "Blow Me Away" doesn't exist to me.

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Some of it is gratuitous, no question.

And just for the record, when I think of the Halo 2 soundtrack, I specifically think of the in-game implementation. So when I imagine First Movement of the Odyssey, I'm not thinking of the doofy lyrical sections, just what plays during actual gameplay. And "Blow Me Away" doesn't exist to me.

An instrumental version if it shows up in one of chiefs later levels. It felt... super out of place.

I'm happy to see parkour maps and puzzle maps getting some love on the browser. Could play this stuff all day.

Best part of Halo OSTs are the orchestral and ambient tracks, the rock/metal is usually cringe with a small handful of exceptions

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Best part of Halo OSTs are the orchestral and ambient tracks, the rock/metal is usually cringe with a small handful of exceptions

Music is to invoke emotion.

when played during a cut scene or in between cut scenes it should invoke emotions that correspond the action or script playing out.

heavy metal in general never come close to a military action scene and simply don’t belong.

some “rock” can work to build a sense of fighting action. I can think of one instrumental that did this well. But honestly I can’t even remember the title let alone the scene at the moment.