CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I see the same handful of mini games. Where's the Ninja Warrior courses and jump maps? I want some challenge at least.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/28/2021 at 5:50 PM, MrGreenWithAGun said:

i was playing customs last night for over three hours and hadn’t laughed that much playing halo in a long time

Same! Lot of people need to remove thy stick. Also, the H1 pistol is the most fun weapon to use in the franchise :lxthul:

With all this i decided to give halo reach a chance and I still fucking hate bloom. 

It's so convenient that you can hit all 4 shots fairly quickly but the final one always spazzes out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Desert Bus is fun, but it got me thinking why is it fun? 

It's a flag game where the bases are a mile apart and there is just one long bridge, easy to push others off of in a game of chicken with the hogs and other vehicles.

I go back to a flag game on Countdown and it feels like its over almost suddenly in comparison.

The long game is so much more fun, even though it is essentially very slow paced (lots of dead time traveling). It seems to be a type of fun that is in its own class.

Desert Bus is 8v8 but I think it should be more like 32v32 to bring the pace up and to have more interesting engagements.

I just want to play Social CE without my Pistol bullets actively avoiding the enemy players. That would be nice. 

• Fire (+1) 1

I read from H3 developer that games are perceived as balanced by some players and not by others - that it is based upon experience rather than mathematics. Thjs means that for developers, balancing is an art, not a science.

So do those of you frequent this thread feel the H2 sniper was balanced? He thought so, because (as he puts it) it was never requiring changes and H2 was very popular for years.

I am curious what you all think on this issue.

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

That doesn't really make sense. 

Not sure what THAT is you are referring to, but if my comment,

he was saying that players' experience is not scientific or statistical, it is emotional. So balanced weapons are based upon their perception.

5 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Not sure what THAT is you are referring to, but if my comment,

he was saying that players' experience is not scientific or statistical, it is emotional. So balanced weapons are based upon their perception.

I mean, people feel like the H2 BR is unbalanced when in reality it's because everything outside of the power weapons was ass. Balancing is an art, but you won't make that art fun to play without using numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Haven't played halo in months. Hop on, matchmake rocket race. Networking fails, everyone is returned to the menu. >Banned for 5 minutes.

Okay then. I wait.

Play one round, fun, new round is matchmaking. Networking fails again. >Banned for 15 minutes.

Nice system.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, potetr said:

Haven't played halo in months. Hop on, matchmake rocket race. Networking fails, everyone is returned to the menu. >Banned for 5 minutes.

Okay then. I wait.

Play one round, fun, new round is matchmaking. Networking fails again. >Banned for 15 minutes.

Nice system.

MCC?

PC or XB?

Just now, potetr said:

MCC PC

Literally the only problem I have ever had with MCC PC is a couple of times in the last six months where it crashes UE and I was told that wasn't the game, but the menu UI.

44 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Literally the only problem I have ever had with MCC PC is a couple of times in the last six months where it crashes UE and I was told that wasn't the game, but the menu UI.

Yeah, I rarely have issues. It was the quit penalty system kicking in for 20 minutes that was frustrating.

I really think they need to go back to the drawing board with it. 15 min penalty isn't a punishment, it makes you quit the game entirely. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just quit a third game from action sack because it sucked (lasers and pistols only). This ban was 30 minutes long. WTF?

There is no real incentive to quit now. I may as well just put the controller down and wait it out. I would have been back into a match sooner.

Has 343 even thought this through? Or do they let M$ management do their thinking for them?

I will go back to objective and slayer and stay away from action sack from now on...

15 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

I just quit a third game from action sack because it sucked (lasers and pistols only). This ban was 30 minutes long. WTF?

There is no real incentive to quit now. I may as well just put the controller down and wait it out. I would have been back into a match sooner.

Has 343 even thought this through? Or do they let M$ management do their thinking for them?

I will go back to objective and slayer and stay away from action sack from now on...

Leave it to 343i to think in "Splaser" the p stands for pistol. :kappa:

Is it me or was halo 3 action sack completely outclassed by reachs? Reach had so many balls to the wall game types actually in matchmaking where as 3s more wacky modes weren't actually included in the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I play social MCC, typically H3 and Reach Objective, but sometimes H2 or H2A (I really like the pistol in HCE, but I can't stand the animation, it is truly out of date).

And I notice teams that take the game so seriously, I ask what is the difference between social and rank playlists?

10 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

What's wrong with the animation

It isn't obvious?

When you watch the animation of the limbs, it is stick man, just mechanical, nothing as advanced as Reach, or even H3 (which is today's bar for modern animations).

Far Cry 3 is very bad at this also, then CSGO is bad, but not so much.