CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's gonna be for the battle Royale they're obviously testing. 

10 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Unsurprisingly the custom games browser is 99% stupid stuff like Halo 5. 

I couldn't even figure out how to read it.  Is it only Reach?  Why is it not all games and there a column to sort based on game?

In fact, they need to add filtering.   Something so basic 343 found a way to under deliver IMO.   
Its a basic data grid view.  Programming 101 shit were talking.  I'm blown away by how primitive it is. 

In regards to all the stupid gametypes, I guess they are succeeding in reaching their target demographic.  Fortnite kids. 

I saw like one competitive server last night when I looked. Sad

they can probably only get it working for Reach because 343 is a gud development company

so gud I can't even play the fucking game because I'm getting an infinite "Leaving matchmaking..." loop every time I want to play matchmaking.

52 minutes ago, Soapbar said:

they can probably only get it working for Reach because 343 is a gud development company

so gud I can't even play the fucking game because I'm getting an infinite "Leaving matchmaking..." loop every time I want to play matchmaking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. All I want to play is Matchmaking since the custom browser honestly sucks and there's no way to filter gametypes out.

2 hours ago, Soapbar said:

Have you tried quitting the build?

Did anyone else's metal walls on foundry suddenly start shining like they were the sun? Lol idk if it was the driver update or the season but the sun and some metal textures recently got pretty lit on MCC H3

You know what I realize? People often say truth goes from a political master mind in halo 2 to raving madman in 3, meanwhile the only political maneuvers he makes turn out to be entirely incompetent. If anything halo 3 portrays him in a more befitting manner.

22 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

You know what I realize? People often say truth goes from a political master mind in halo 2 to raving madman in 3, meanwhile the only political maneuvers he makes turn out to be entirely incompetent. If anything halo 3 portrays him in a more befitting manner.

Bungie are not good storytellers. They are, however, master world builders.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

Bungie are not good storytellers. They are, however, master world builders.

I wasn't making a criticism. Characters can be incompetent, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. My point is that halo 3 truth isn't really dissimilar from halo 2 truth. The differences can also be explained by how halo 3 tells its story solely through the eyes of chief rather then arbiter, who is the primary lense through which truth is seen in 2. 

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

I wasn't making a criticism. Characters can be incompetent, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. My point is that halo 3 truth isn't really dissimilar from halo 2 truth. The differences can also be explained by how halo 3 tells its story solely through the eyes of chief rather then arbiter, who is the primary lense through which truth is seen in 2. 

You're not wrong, but other characters' incompetence is so gross that I can't help but feel it's bad writing. With scenarios like Miranda "To war" Keyes, the Commander of a frigate, flying a pelican solo into the enemy's stronghold, proceeding to hesitate on everything as though she's just entered basic training, and doomed the whole bloody galaxy if Chief and Arby didn't make it in time. For Forerunner's sake, she didn't even put on a BDU to go into the field.

25 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

You're not wrong, but other characters' incompetence is so gross that I can't help but feel it's bad writing. With scenarios like Miranda "To war" Keyes, the Commander of a frigate, flying a pelican solo into the enemy's stronghold, proceeding to hesitate on everything as though she's just entered basic training, and doomed the whole bloody galaxy if Chief and Arby didn't make it in time. For Forerunner's sake, she didn't even put on a BDU to go into the field.

Keyes is overly shit on by fans in 3. She was easily the closest to truth when he revealed that he had johnson and thus the best option to stop him from lighting the rings and had nothing to lose but her own life in going in like that. Either she saves him and the rings aren't lit, both of them die and truth can't light the rings, or she dies in the process but delays truth enough to allow chief and arbiter to get to him in time. The rewards for her maneuver are high but so is the risk. If she simply waits for chief then that allows truth to light the rings with no problems.

If anything she's entirely justified in her actions. The fact that her strategy doesn't reap the greatest reward isnt stupid, it's tragic. She still delayed the firing of the ring enough to allow chief/arbiter and the flood to get there in time.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

Keyes is overly shit on by fans in 3. She was easily the closest to truth when he revealed that he had johnson and thus the best option to stop him from lighting the rings and had nothing to lose but her own life in going in like that. Either she saves him and the rings aren't lit, both of them die and truth can't light the rings, or she dies in the process but delays truth enough to allow chief and arbiter to get to him in time. The rewards for her maneuver are high but so is the risk. If she simply waits for chief then that allows truth to light the rings with no problems.

If anything she's entirely justified in her actions. The fact that her strategy doesn't reap the greatest reward isnt stupid, it's tragic. She still delayed the firing of the ring enough to allow chief/arbiter and the flood to get there in time.

You're not understanding. It was almost a good move. The singular change that would've made it proper was her having soldiers in the pelican. Even Elites. She just moseyed on out of her own frigate that didn't have any soldiers in it? Didn't think to make a one minute pit stop to round up some badasses that fought two scarabs at once? NOPE. She meant what she said -- that chick was going to war. :kappa:

On Waterfall, if you scope and then descope, the water falling is gone but it starts upon descope so you have a few seconds of no waterfall.  FX...

Ok map, not a fan of it though...

33 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

You're not understanding. It was almost a good move. The singular change that would've made it proper was her having soldiers in the pelican. Even Elites. She just moseyed on out of her own frigate that didn't have any soldiers in it? Didn't think to make a one minute pit stop to round up some badasses that fought two scarabs at once? NOPE. She meant what she said -- that chick was going to war. :kappa:

You know, she's already hovering in the air over the citadel at that point in the level. I totally missed this years ago but she's the one in that pelican giving commands. It made that whole scene make much more sense to me. 

Also nothing will make that line good. Nothing.

Also holy hell did they change the weighting for maps in halo 3? I got the new maps over and over again after having never played them before. I think I got epitaph maybe once in between.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Why aren't more people talking about the completely broken spawns? I don't see it being talked about enough anywhere. Maybe everyone just thinks this is how it was back in the day? 

Youtube poll (Arrrash). Best Halo CE map? 3.4k votes..

Blood Gulch 74%

Chill Out 4%

Sidewinder 4%

Battle Creek 14%

Other 3%

This is why we can't have nice things. I get it though, but at the same time it just shows you what the current Halo fanbase values. 

• Fire (+1) 2

On 6/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

@Killmachine hey dick check the H1 discord

No space for a CRT in my current living condition bro been busy

• Simms (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NAK said:

Youtube poll (Arrrash). Best Halo CE map? 3.4k votes..

Blood Gulch 74%

Chill Out 4%

Sidewinder 4%

Battle Creek 14%

Other 3%

This is why we can't have nice things. I get it though, but at the same time it just shows you what the current Halo fanbase values. 

This actually perfectly illustrates my frustrations when the Halo community at large refers to CE. This is the shit they played, and this is the shit they’re familiar with. They think the pistol is OP because that’s 99% of BG and SW gameplay. Such a small percentage of people talking about CE at any given moment have even basic understanding of how to play.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The pistol in CE is OP because I can't sit at the very back of blood gulch with the sniper uncontested. 

• Like (+1) 2

You might be able to make the argument that the pistol is slightly op in a 4v4 setting. In 2v2 that 3sk isn't an issue but in 4v4 it's not exactly fun to spawn and immediately die because 3 guys zeroed in on you simultaneously.

7 hours ago, Killmachine said:

No space for a CRT in my current living condition bro been busy

It's not like I even wanted to give it to you, baka

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's not like I even wanted to give it to you, baka

Lmk when you MI boys want this smoke.

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

You might be able to make the argument that the pistol is slightly op in a 4v4 setting. In 2v2 that 3sk isn't an issue but in 4v4 it's not exactly fun to spawn and immediately die because 3 guys zeroed in on you simultaneously.

A team shouldnt be rewarded for great teamwork and syncronized shooting?

Wouldn't you circle back around to the problem of not spawning with a utility weapon? The problem with that is that you can't defend yourself off spawn. You also can't defend yourself in the first two seconds from respawning because you can't regain your bearings in two seconds, never mind pairing that with acquiring a target.