CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Mod Tools, Customs Browser, and Firefight functionality for the match composer coming with Season 7. 

Not bad, all things considered. Hope there's some sort of Custom Edition HAC2-esque modded map downloading functionality in the Customs Browser. Still waiting on those CE/H2 fixes btw

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Mod Tools, Customs Browser, and Firefight functionality for the match composer coming with Season 7. 

Not bad, all things considered. Hope there's some sort of Custom Edition HAC2-esque modded map downloading functionality in the Customs Browser. Still waiting on those CE/H2 fixes btw

wdym they made CE have legacy graphics and sounds. It's fixed, no issues remain. 

• Simms (+1) 3

The spread on the ce pistol is a pain in my dick. Personally lost games because of how shit it is.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who constantly has problems completing challenges. So many of them say I can get theme in firefight or whatever, but they only progress if I start up a custom game and just farm by myself. There's no way that's supposed to be how it is but it's been like this ever since challenges were a thing. I can't seem to get an answer about it anywhere.

The new quit ban system has caused me to delete MCC off my computer since release. I don't have the patience or willpower to stick it out in games where your team is AFK, or you have griefers, or you are playing 4v3, 4v2, 4v1 on it. Its not worth my time to stick it out in these games and I get punished for it. Can't tell you how many snipers games I've played on Boarding Action where the other team will AFK/Quit and I'm just left to dick off or you gain the lead on an objective game.

Quitters are still rampant and as easy as ALT/TAB is why should I wait for a game to run out of time when I can just go play something else that isn't going to waste my time.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The new quit ban system has caused me to delete MCC off my computer since release. I don't have the patience or willpower to stick it out in games where your team is AFK, or you have griefers, or you are playing 4v3, 4v2, 4v1 on it. Its not worth my time to stick it out in these games and I get punished for it. Can't tell you how many snipers games I've played on Boarding Action where the other team will AFK/Quit and I'm just left to dick off or you gain the lead on an objective game.

Quitters are still rampant and as easy as ALT/TAB is why should I wait for a game to run out of time when I can just go play something else that isn't going to waste my time.

If half your team quits and you quit out, you're not penalized. I do agree that the quit ban is ridiculous and makes people not wanna play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

If half your team quits and you quit out, you're not penalized. I do agree that the quit ban is ridiculous and makes people not wanna play.

I'm specifically referencing the opposing team. When they are down 1-2 people.

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I'm specifically referencing the opposing team. When they are down 1-2 people.

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah that shit is annoying.

Maybe they will "fix" the quitting system in 6 months when it matters even less. 

I heard that they Dersky mentioned during the recent MCC stream that fixing the net-code for H2 and CE is something they "could do" but it isn't a priority and won't be happening for a while. 

Their handling of this game is somehow impressively good and bad at the same time. 

It's because they don't care about the game as a whole. Only the parts reddit gets up in arms about. Like elite customization.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

It's because they don't care about the game as a whole. Only the parts reddit gets up in arms about. Like elite customization.

Most on Reddit are h3 kids who don’t play h1&2 anyway.

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

I honestly think most of it is a testing ground for Infinite.

Hey lets do seasons, cross-play, custom browser, skins, etc.

15 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I honestly think most of it is a testing ground for Infinite.

Hey lets do seasons, cross-play, custom browser, skins, etc.

Basically, still convinced MCC was used to test the infinite bots

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Basically, still convinced MCC was used to test the infinite bots

Dude LOL I had this conversation yesterday where I was like THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST IN THESE NUMBERS. I swear they're actually bots you can not play hundreds of games and still move around like you've never touched a controller once in your entire life unless something else is wrong and the numbers that I see these people in leads me to believe that that probably isn't what I'm seeing. Its one thing to have bad teammates or whatever but this is like I'm witnessing the first time someone tries playing video games every other game. H3 staff captains would manhandle these people its really confusing 

We gotta bring back the Halo 3 rankings. I loved that you could see the golden bars of shame on people that for some reason couldn't ever make it to 50

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Dude LOL I had this conversation yesterday where I was like THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST IN THESE NUMBERS. I swear they're actually bots you can not play hundreds of games and still move around like you've never touched a controller once in your entire life unless something else is wrong and the numbers that I see these people in leads me to believe that that probably isn't what I'm seeing. Its one thing to have bad teammates or whatever but this is like I'm witnessing the first time someone tries playing video games every other game. H3 staff captains would manhandle these people its really confusing 

We gotta bring back the Halo 3 rankings. I loved that you could see the golden bars of shame on people that for some reason couldn't ever make it to 50

So many people on MCC 

"1490 games played. 1000 kills 30000000000000 deaths" like there is no way

"343 is adding higher player counts to MCC"

Yeah but can they fix CE and H2 "as exactly as it shipped 10 years ago"

The reddit comes out of nowhere "Well none of the games are 1:1 recreations because they had updates"

I hate the Halo community sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OG Nick said:

"343 is adding higher player counts to MCC"

Yeah but can they fix CE and H2 "as exactly as it shipped 10 years ago"

The reddit comes out of nowhere "Well none of the games are 1:1 recreations because they had updates"

I hate the Halo community sometimes. 

Wtf default maps are they gonna have 60 players on?

57 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I would assume for the sake of everyone playing that it'll exclusively be on some kind of forge world map that's actually just fucking insanely huge otherwise it won't be working very well. Maybe some of the Halo CE BTB maps from PC could swing it poorly

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

All of them would blow ass except maybe the CE PC maps Infinity, Gephyrophobia, Death Island 

15 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I would assume for the sake of everyone playing that it'll exclusively be on some kind of forge world map that's actually just fucking insanely huge otherwise it won't be working very well. Maybe some of the Halo CE BTB maps from PC could swing it poorly

I can't wait for the Xbox One's to explode if they try this on any map

I really hope that the Custom Game Browser gets some QoL features for tournaments; specifically for CE and H2. Neutral hosted lobbies for custom game series is such a game changer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1